Sore tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I believe the burning sensation is directly related to the nicotine, not PG or VG. I would love to reopen this debate. I have been experiencing it and has been steadily getting worse. I tried 8mg liquid for a day or so (at the same consumption rate) and the soreness subsided, but at the expense of nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I am back to the higher (18mg) nicotine and the soreness has returned. It is worse at night and after I have just eating something. The burning sensation is on the flat top surface and sides of the tongue. No visual anomalies, only the sensation. B complex has had no effect, but makes sense since nicotine reduces several B vitamins in the body. The recommendation on this board to apply olive oil brings relief (I am currently testing to see if regular application causes perm reduction in the sensation).

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I believe the burning sensation is directly related to the nicotine, not PG or VG. I would love to reopen this debate. I have been experiencing it and has been steadily getting worse. I tried 8mg liquid for a day or so (at the same consumption rate) and the soreness subsided, but at the expense of nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I am back to the higher (18mg) nicotine and the soreness has returned. It is worse at night and after I have just eating something. The burning sensation is on the flat top surface and sides of the tongue. No visual anomalies, only the sensation. B complex has had no effect, but makes sense since nicotine reduces several B vitamins in the body. The recommendation on this board to apply olive oil brings relief (I am currently testing to see if regular application causes perm reduction in the sensation).

I agree to an extent. Some nicotine bases burn my thoat and tounge while others are fine. Product from one supplier caused little blisters on my tounge and the roof of my mouth. Now I ask where a juice vendor gets their nic base before I buy. If they're using XtremeVaping or RTSvapes I will purchase. Other nic base sources that I've vaped are too harsh for me. It's not always the PG or the VG's fault. Sometimes it's the nicotine base being used or an allergic reaction to a certain flavor. YMMV

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
It's nearly Halloween, so a good necro-thread fits right in.

Among pipe smokers, it's called 'tougue bite'. Your tongue is protesting because of a change from what it had adapted to. Get a bottle of Biotene ( a mouthwash ), drink more water, and hold your PV so the vapor isn't directed directly onto your tongue when you vape. Give it a few days. If it persists beyond a few days, then start looking closer at things like flavorant reaction... which is far more likely than a PG reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread