Sore tongue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollieA

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Santa Monica
I experienced a sore tongue- and realised it had to do with the nic strength, at least from my experience. I do suffer from dry tongue from time to time, but ever since I had my spell with loss of taste- I've been very careful to stay hydrated whilst vaping. Ever since, I have not had hardly a problem with a sore tongue or dry mouth. I've tried the various forms of Biotene, and they offer temporary relief. I found it most effective to use at night just before bed. Maybe try to lower the nic in your juice, that may help. But I think the bottom line is to keep sipping water or some sort of liquid during vaping.

I also noticed that when I first started vaping and making the transition from analogs to vaping, I had some sore tongue issues as my body was adjusting to the change.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I got that exact problem when I started vaping at 18mg w/ 100% PG juice

Nicotine is a skin irritant

100% PG lets through the most flavor, most nicotine TH, most nicotine irritation

You can

- use lower nic

- use juices with some VG in them (I use 20% or less VG in cartos, 0-50% on normal non-tan attys, tanks and reservoir cartos like 30% or less Vg but may work with thinner 50/50 juices)

- use cartomizer + drip tip as a mouthpiece to bring in the vapor in a wider less concentrated stream

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Mouth sores are not generally caused by nicotine strength. It usually has to do with the flavorings in the liquid.

Using Colgate Peroxyal has helped quite a few vapers get the sores to heal more quickly.

Any time anyone has any sort of an issue, people immediately tell them to reduce nicotine strength for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread