Not open for further replies.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Hi all,

I don't know where to put this so I'm putting it here because I know you folks know. What attys are good for squonkers? And more importantly, where do you get them. I tried the Catfish forum but I don't understand how it works? I just want to be able to order some. I'm using a velocity with a bf pin and it just isn't right for me. It requires too much heat to really have flavor. I'm much more of a flavor chaser than cloud chaser.

Right now I have the Inoy regulated squonker, the Vaporflask squonker and that owl mech. I want to grow into this, but know that the atty is almost, if not more, important than the box.

Can any of you help or direct me? Thanks.

Reactions: Tagi

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
What kind of airflow do you want? Do you prefer mouth to lung or straight to lung?

If straight to lung and you don't like the velocity airflow then a restricted lung pull then?

Once this is known, we could direct you towards a specific rda on REOS mods site.

Or post this info over on Catfishes thread and he can make some suggestions.

Catfish over there can also clear up any confusion concerning payment. Best to get that info from the man himself, because he has been having trouble finding a payment system that cooperates.

Reactions: BENTHOS

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
What kind of airflow do you want? Do you prefer mouth to lung or straight to lung?

If straight to lung and you don't like the velocity airflow then a restricted lung pull then?

Once this is known, we could direct you towards a specific RDA on REOS Mods site.

Or post this info over on Catfishes thread and he can make some suggestions.

Catfish over there can also clear up any confusion concerning payment. Best to get that info from the man himself.
I don't mind direct lung, but I prefer that at lower wattages (under 30W). I do a modified mtl draw, so I don't like a totally limited airflow. I still like my Igo-w with a 2mm drilled hole. I vape the troll with about 1/2 the airflow, but I do the subtanks and isub tanks fully open.

Does that help? I looked at the REO site, but I didn't understand what any of those were.

Reactions: Tagi

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
If you are looking for something like Subtank concerninf the airflow, than Velocity is most certain not for you :)
I boght couple days ago Reo Grande and a RM4, or Atomic, whatever you like. Since i like my setup with mesh, at first i wasn't thrilled with it, but it was just a matter of setup, now i'm diggin it with single coil at 0.7 Ohm and biggest single hole. Airflow on single hole, single coil, is very much like a subtank if not a bit more opened. On dual coil yu have even more choices and on single smallest hole airflow is similar to Vivi Nova, old Protank, etc clearomizers.
So yeah, i would recommend something similar to RM4.
I wonder if there is BF pin for Trident V2 available anywhere, he works even better but no bf pin...

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I usually drill or file out my own bottom feeders but a nice cheap ready made one is at Focalecig: focalecig.com - Borron Feeder Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - Silver
I like the borron feeder instead ofbottom feeder. It is like a 22mm nuppin. I covered up one hole with tape and use it single coil. I am strictly a single coil, mouth to lung, low wattage vaper. Another good one is the zenith 2.5 with a bottom feeder screw. I got one from Fastech ($9.27 Zenith V2.5 Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) where it is discontinued. They are cheap if you can find one. I found the chamber to be too big and the flavor muted.
If you want to modify your own attys for bottom feeding there are some good closed threads that I can link you to. eg: Convert full size RDA to Bottom Feeder and The BF experiment
Enjoy.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Hi all,

I don't know where to put this so I'm putting it here because I know you folks know. What attys are good for squonkers? And more importantly, where do you get them. I tried the Catfish forum but I don't understand how it works? I just want to be able to order some. I'm using a velocity with a bf pin and it just isn't right for me. It requires too much heat to really have flavor. I'm much more of a flavor chaser than cloud chaser.

Right now I have the Inoy regulated squonker, the Vaporflask squonker and that owl mech. I want to grow into this, but know that the atty is almost, if not more, important than the box.

Can any of you help or direct me? Thanks.
The Velocity mini is great for flavor and it comes with a BF pin.
It has better flavor than the full size.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Hopefully this helps some.

Flavor opinion is from being compared to the Hellfire Raptor, narDA, and Veritas. These are restricted lung pulls RDAs known for their amazing flavor.

reomizer 4.0 is a Atomic clone. Very nice, works good with cool and warmer builds, both mouth to lung, straight lung, and can be made to have a similar draw to a subtank. Dual and single coils. I don't like to pull hard on it as its small diameter make it a little bit of a moist vape if you do. Good flavor
reomizer 4.0 Low pro mods only

You mentioned you like your Igo W. swap your drilled out cap onto this one or drill it out the one it comes with.
Igo w-bf rba low pro mods only

reomizer 8.0 is a darringer I don't like them, a lot of people love them. Very short. Eh flavor for how small it is.
reomizer 8.0 Stainless LP mods only

7.0 is a Rogue clone. Lung only, small chamber means warm to cooler builds. Another short one but a little taller then the 8.0 (darringer) flavor is decent. same with the atomic calm pulls or it can get a little juicy.
reomizer 7.0 Low pro mods only

9.0 is a Vector clone. Openish draw that can be tightened down. Likes warm to hot builds. Flavor is eh. Unflavored juice tastes great in it though. Con for some is the built on stainless drip tip. There is a top piece (purchased separately) that can enable using your own drip tip but is not widely available.
reomizer 9.0 Stainless LP mods only

6.0 is a stillare clone. I have never used one, but its a large chamber with some what big airflow holes. probably likes warm to hot builds
reomizer 6.0 V2 stainless LP mods

2.0 and 3.0 I don't know the original RDA name. Looks like great mouth to lung RDAs
reomizer 2.0 rba
reomizer 3.0 single coil

puffon suggested this vender.
Petri - I have never used one. I believe the airflow is dual 2mm holes not adjustable. Very popular. probably likes warmer builds.
BF Petri RDA Clone

Forge v2, never used one, bottom airflow. be wary it will leak easy with a firm squonk,
Bottom Fed Forge V2 RDA Clone

Buhawi clone. - small chamber restrictive lung that can be tightened up. Be VERY careful building. Only small diameter coils its easy to short out on the airflow snorkle things. decent flavor
BF Buhawi Clone SS

P2 - never used one. bottom airflow same as above but might be worse.
BF Pi2 RDA

Mini dark horse - I have a full sized one. likes warm to hot builds on the full sized. lots of airflow.
BF Dark Horse Mini

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I don't mind direct lung, but I prefer that at lower wattages (under 30W). I do a modified mtl draw, so I don't like a totally limited airflow. I still like my Igo-w with a 2mm drilled hole. I vape the troll with about 1/2 the airflow, but I do the subtanks and isub tanks fully open.

Does that help? I looked at the REO site, but I didn't understand what any of those were.

From what you described...I would bet you would like the "Stumpy", "NarDa", "Derringer", "Marquis", etc, etc.

Don't be afraid to post exactly what you posted here on Catfishes thread, Tom will help you in a heartbeat. He's a great guy who takes authentic drippers and bottom feeds them, all topshelf fantastic atty's.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Hopefully this helps some.

Flavor opinion is from being compared to the Hellfire Raptor, narDA, and Veritas. These are restricted lung pulls RDAs known for their amazing flavor.

reomizer 4.0 is a Atomic clone. Very nice, works good with cool and warmer builds, both mouth to lung, straight lung, and can be made to have a similar draw to a subtank. Dual and single coils. I don't like to pull hard on it as its small diameter make it a little bit of a moist vape if you do. Good flavor
reomizer 4.0 Low pro mods only

You mentioned you like your Igo W. swap your drilled out cap onto this one or drill it out the one it comes with.
Igo w-bf rba low pro mods only

reomizer 8.0 is a darringer I don't like them, a lot of people love them. Very short. Eh flavor for how small it is.
reomizer 8.0 Stainless LP mods only

7.0 is a Rogue clone. Lung only, small chamber means warm to cooler builds. Another short one but a little taller then the 8.0 (darringer) flavor is decent. same with the atomic calm pulls or it can get a little juicy.
reomizer 7.0 Low pro mods only

9.0 is a Vector clone. Openish draw that can be tightened down. Likes warm to hot builds. Flavor is eh. Unflavored juice tastes great in it though. Con for some is the built on stainless drip tip. There is a top piece (purchased separately) that can enable using your own drip tip but is not widely available.
reomizer 9.0 Stainless LP mods only

6.0 is a stillare clone. I have never used one, but its a large chamber with some what big airflow holes. probably likes warm to hot builds
reomizer 6.0 V2 stainless LP mods

2.0 and 3.0 I don't know the original RDA name. Looks like great mouth to lung RDAs
reomizer 2.0 rba
reomizer 3.0 single coil

puffon suggested this vender.
Petri - I have never used one. I believe the airflow is dual 2mm holes not adjustable. Very popular. probably likes warmer builds.
BF Petri RDA Clone

Forge v2, never used one, bottom airflow. be wary it will leak easy with a firm squonk,
Bottom Fed Forge V2 RDA Clone

Buhawi clone. - small chamber restrictive lung that can be tightened up. Be VERY careful building. Only small diameter coils its easy to short out on the airflow snorkle things. decent flavor
BF Buhawi Clone SS

P2 - never used one. bottom airflow same as above but might be worse.
BF Pi2 RDA

Mini dark horse - I have a full sized one. likes warm to hot builds on the full sized. lots of airflow.
BF Dark Horse Mini
Thank you so much!! This information is wonderful. I really appreciate you taking the time.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
@Tagi Did an excellent break down of the Reo clones, I have the RM4, RM7, RM8, RM9. All are god but a little different. I'm currently vaping on the RM9 with a dual coil 28awg build at .95 on my SteamCrave at 34watts. Normally I run 26awg at .4 but since it's regulated I'm trying a different build to see if it matters on battery performance. I really love the RM8 as well but it can be a little bit of a leaker if I oversquonk. If you watch your squonk I don't think the RM8 can be beat.
Catfish (Tom) is a great guy but he is having trouble with a payment system at the moment & he will only do authentic's now so it's about $100 for an atty BUT it is an authentic so it's known quality vs a clone like the Reo atty's.

h418982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Des Moines IA
I did not see anything about a price range but by far the best BF atty i have used is the Origen Little. Two posts makes is super easy to build and can accomodate unlimited possibility for builds. Has plenty of different airflow configurations to wide open lung draws or a stiff MTL. I have two now and just picked one up used for 65 so they can be found for a decent price.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What is your favorite dripper?????? Chances are good it can easily be your favorite squonker, also. Most drippers can be Bottom Fed, with a little modification of the 510 insulator or by drilling/changing the positive pin/post.

My favorite dripper, so far, is a dedicated BF atty, Chalice 3. Although the Hobo 3 is also very good. The Chalice is single coil MTL atty. While the Hobo can be run dual coil.

Reactions: pokemom

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I did not see anything about a price range but by far the best BF atty i have used is the Origen Little. Two posts makes is super easy to build and can accomodate unlimited possibility for builds. Has plenty of different airflow configurations to wide open lung draws or a stiff MTL. I have two now and just picked one up used for 65 so they can be found for a decent price.

Couldn't agree more, the O16 is the best atomizer I've used to date. I have 664 & 692, hoping to snag another if the opportunity arises :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread