Sort of off topic - atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Anyone know what the "real" version of the Reomizer 2 is? I love it, ceramic deck, great flavor, small, simple 2 post build, no "O" rings to wear out or leak. I need some backups, and $45.00-$53.00 (brass one) is a lot of money when I can easily do the BF modification. I have looked everywhere!

I think it's a Triangle by Empire mods. I also believe they are no longer in production. Not sure where Rob's stock comes from.

Reactions: DoubleDZA

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
I think it's a Triangle by Empire mods. I also believe they are no longer in production. Not sure where Rob's stock comes from.
Thanks for the info, inswva!
I heard something before re: Triangle, but came up empty. So you are probably correct. Perhaps Rob is sitting on the last of them and that is why they are so pricey? There is a real shortage of decent 14-16mm 2- post attys, my favorite for my BF devices- I've tried Chalice clones before investing the big bucks and despite the hype I am not happy with the vapor production- and I'm not a cloud chaser by any means! Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for the info, inswva!
I heard something before re: Triangle, but came up empty. So you are probably correct. Perhaps Rob is sitting on the last of them and that is why they are so pricey? There is a real shortage of decent 14-16mm 2- post attys, my favorite for my BF devices- I've tried Chalice clones before investing the big bucks and despite the hype I am not happy with the vapor production- and I'm not a cloud chaser by any means! Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Sounds like the Origen 16 would be right up your alley.

Origen BF Dripper

Reactions: garpt01

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
Honestly I don't get the problem, buy the clone from REO. For that price (IMO) it's a steal. Typically an authentic costs around $100 US, unfortunately it's what the market is, it just is what it is.
I respect your opinion and I may need to do that.. Right now, it's obviously supply and demand. Last year when it was available it was a $10.00 atty. It's still a Chinese atty, and posts break, the ceramic deck cracks, 510's fail, etc. It's happened to me twice now. But it's my favorite atty.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I understand, I bought my first REO three years ago. But it's a $10.00 atty with a hole in it.

So it's a $10 atty with a hole in it? You do realize Rob has to do all the modifications to these atty's when he receives them, right? How much is his time actually worth to you or someone else? The brass finish takes even more time to finish, should he not charge extra for that? If it were that easy to modify, why haven't you went direct to China, (like Rob does), purchase them and modify them yourself? You could cash in just like he does, or so you may think, and offer them for sale somewhere like Ebay? Give Alibaba a try, I'm sure there is a mfg listed there that would sell them to you...

I respect your opinion and I may need to do that.. Right now, it's obviously supply and demand. Last year when it was available it was a $10.00 atty. It's still a Chinese atty, and posts break, the ceramic deck cracks, 510's fail, etc. It's happened to me twice now. But it's my favorite atty.

You do realize that $10 price tag was a clearance price from Empire to dump a shelf full of atty's that didn't sell anymore, right? I believe the original price was either, $29.99 or $34.99....

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
So it's a $10 atty with a hole in it? You do realize Rob has to do all the modifications to these atty's when he receives them, right? How much is his time actually worth to you or someone else? The brass finish takes even more time to finish, should he not charge extra for that? If it were that easy to modify, why haven't you went direct to China, (like Rob does), purchase them and modify them yourself? You could cash in just like he does, or so you may think, and offer them for sale somewhere like Ebay? Give Alibaba a try, I'm sure there is a mfg listed there that would sell them to you...
Nobody called Rob a crook, Geez! (your insinuation)- I know you hang out in his forum a lot, but Wow! I'm a customer of his although I've moved on to mostly non- mech and temp control squonkers, I still use my three REO's often. I said *supply and demand*- I've been a businessman for 40 years, I would do the same thing. By the way, I spoke to Keith at Empire Mods on Friday (Thanks for the info, inswva!- You are one reason for what forums are all about!) and they would very much like to get more Triangles. They only found out recently that they were no longer in production, according to him. Doesn't sound like a dump sale.
There are similar atty's on Alibaba, between $4-6, but I'm not into large quantities and I'm not into hawking attys on eBay. I buy a lot from China. Not my favorite venue, but I perceive value in many of their products, and we aren't exactly bubbling with choices- without spending big bucks.
As for modifying, 30 seconds on my drill press isn't a big deal for me. I've modded many of the major drippers out there, I just like the Reomizer 2.
Sorry if I offended you. Just looking for other choices and variety. Thought that was one reason we are here.
Nothing personal.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Nobody called Rob a crook, Geez! (your insinuation)
You basically did when you originally posted he was selling them for $43 and $53.00 on his website and then replied multiple times how it was only a $10 atty... Your words - not mine...

There are similar atty's on Alibaba
Here is the Triangle that Rob mods into the RM2...
Diy Coil Replaced Triangle Atomizer For Mods - Buy Coil Replaced Aomizer,Triangle Atomizer,Atomizer Product on Alibaba.com

As for modifying, 30 seconds on my drill press isn't a big deal for me
Now your just spewing outlandish accusations... Rob has been modding this atty for over 3yrs now and I would guarantee he couldn't do it in 30 seconds on a drill press!!! You must be an atty modding god........:lol:

Sorry if I offended you.
You didn't offend me at all... If anything it looks as though I offended you... Sorry...:(

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
This used to be such a nice forum- and most all are still helpful and informative- but very occasionally one does not deserve a response.
My fault for responding and going even more off topic then "resident knucklehead". Thanks for hijacking my thread.
I apologize for my error.
I'm outta this thread. Thanks for those who were helpful in my quest to find an atty.

Reactions: muzichead

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
FWIW it took me about 45mins to do mine. You have to drill and cut a channel in the top of the centre pin, cut a channel in the ceramic, and trim the upper edge of the base of the atty, finally drill a hole in the top cap. I suspect Rob replaces the pin and insulator. Not the quickest or easiest conversion I have done. If you don't have the low profile grand you would need to machine the bottom of the atty too. Overall not sure its worth the hassle of the slow boat from china and the work converting it. Nice atty to use though!

Reactions: muzichead

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Could I recommend that you put a post on the Catfish Atties' thread. I did this a wee while ago when I wanted to start squonking but knew next to nothing about the practicalities. Within minutes Chowderhead was in touch with me and gave me good honest advice - including the fact that none of his atties would be ideal for me at this stage given how I wanted to use it Ohms-wise. He recommended an Origen 16 as being ideal for me - I'm in Spain just now, ordered one from France and had it two days later. I cannot speak too highly of Chowderhead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread