Sparks=short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgmathis

Oct 22, 2015
I finished making a mod, put an atty on it and pressed the fire switch.......nothing happened =/ however, when i was taking the batteries out, one of the battery clips touched the side of the enclosure and created sparks. Could this simply be a short? Anyone have some ideas of things i should check given that it is making some sort of connection?

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
well, if your battery clip touched the side of the box and it sparked then yes... Thats an issue. insulate the clips or something.

Also We cant tell you anything to check for really with out seeing the mod and a wiring diagram for it. Ive built numerous mosfet parallel and series builds, PWM 2s adn 3s builds and a handful of raptor 120w... Post a pic and perhaps me or someone else can help you out.

Reactions: Jgmathis

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Could be a shorting inherent to issue with the mod, could be you shorted something pulling the clip, could be stuck fire button. Could be you forgot to remove the atty, could be a bad build. Remove batteries and check mods continuity. This is why you need a good volt/ohm meter, so you can check stuff before installing the batts. then again after installing batts. All before and after pushing fire button and before and after installing atty.

Reactions: Jgmathis

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I finished making a mod, put an atty on it and pressed the fire switch.......nothing happened =/ however, when i was taking the batteries out, one of the battery clips touched the side of the enclosure and created sparks. Could this simply be a short? Anyone have some ideas of things i should check given that it is making some sort of connection?
If you must ask the questions you have, you should not be fooling around with trying to build mods until you have a basic understanding of how and what DC current is, as well as basic processes to insure insulation on all contact points, PCBs and switches.

I hope you learn by reading instead of by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread