Spectrum's Tankapalooza - Hyper Color Pyrex Tanks and Tips for RBA's and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Package received and I do believe Mr. murtcepS has another another skill...I believe he is psychic because that little something was exactly what I was thinking about when I placed my order!!!!!!
Thanks Elantis! I had no idea what to throw in for ya. You've placed so many orders in the past.... Coulda went with a Z-Atty or a Subtank lol. Great to hear you like the new tips!

I love the new tips...and as long as the daughter keeps dropping them, I will continue buying them. The Subtank mini is my new obsession, and I still use my good old kayfun's consistently on my tried and true Provari's. Finally got the daughter to try a kayfun and now she has two of mine, one black with the Orange tube and tip, and one silver with the Teal tube and tip.

There is just waaayyyy too much new stuff...and I am not really a "sub-ohmer" so a lot of this new stuff is way outta my league!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Even old and new can be mixed and look fabulous!!!!

redminisubtank.jpg

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Great pics from everyone.

Speaking of Z-Attys... I picked up a House of Hybrids Kabuki a few weeks ago. Been quite pleased with it, and even more so when I learned (thanks to HBcorpse and gin828) they use the same size glass as Z-Attys.

Last edited:

murtcepS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Michigan
Lemo 2 tubes! !! :D
Yes indeed...Finally finished :) These are quartz so you'll need to take a little extra care.
29cs134.jpg

Even old and new can be mixed and look fabulous!!!!
Old like me and young like you! The red looks great (my personal fav) but the multi-color nails are a bit distracting. It's kinda like talking to a woman with a large rack!
Speaking of Z-Attys... I picked up a House of Hybrids Kabuki a few weeks ago. Been quite pleased with it, and even more so when I learned (thanks to HBcorpse and gin828) they use the same size glass as Z-Attys.
I talked to Mike at HOH and he confirmed that Z-Atty tanks are interchangeable with the Kabuki. I'm not sure about the o-rings though... Probably 014's but maybe you can let me know?
Here's the Herakles and Alantis V2...
vdo3s2.jpg

wgosw5.jpg

vdo3s2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I originally bought (I don't know what number tube) the tube that "just worked" for the Kayfun 4...before you ever offered one.
I see now, that you have one listed specifically for the Kayfun 4...is this tube any different in specs? I noticed with the one I ordered before, that I get a slight leak/weeping from the tank, and therefore a loss of vacuum.

Reactions: murtcepS

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
The original was #25. They have the same OD/ID but the KV4 tanks are 0.2mm longer. I doubt the difference in length is the problem but it's possible. Try a new chimney o-ring... If that doesn't work I'll send you a replacement. :)
Thanks Mike!

Hey, quick question...
I just received a smoke colored glass tank for my Kabuki...
Are these replacement O-rings meant to be extras? Or should they replace the stock O-rings?

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Those are meant to be installed along with the new tank. (standard 014's like Z-Atty)

I got the colored glass for my Kabuki today, I have the MBV edition with the blue o-rings. Do I absolutely have to use the black rings that came in the package, or will they be too loose? I have a thing for matchy-matchy, lol.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I got the colored glass for my Kabuki today, I have the MBV edition with the blue o-rings. Do I absolutely have to use the black rings that came in the package, or will they be too loose? I have a thing for matchy-matchy, lol.

I'm back to using the stock blue with no issues. The ones that came from spectrum made it nearly impossible to unscrew the base to refill.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I'm back to using the stock blue with no issues. The ones that came from spectrum made it nearly impossible to unscrew the base to refill.
I originally used the stock rings from the Kabuki, but I've since switched over to the ones provided by Spectrum. I must say, there IS a noticeable difference in how snug they are...but I haven't had any issues refilling.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I originally used the stock rings from the Kabuki, but I've since switched over to the ones provided by Spectrum. I must say, there IS a noticeable difference in how snug they are...but I haven't had any issues refilling.

My issue with the ones provided by spectrum is I had to use the allen wrench or a screwdriver in the airhole to unscrew the base. There was no possible way to do it by hand. Ended up scratching my tank in the process so I switched back to the stock ones.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My issue with the ones provided by spectrum is I had to use the allen wrench or a screwdriver in the airhole to unscrew the base. There was no possible way to do it by hand. Ended up scratching my tank in the process so I switched back to the stock ones.
Yikes!

Well, I noticed that the stock rings were a little loose under the Spectrum glass.
Maybe you could do the Spectrum ring at the top, and a stock ring at the bottom? That, in my mind, would make the glass extra secure to the top end, but let the bottom open easily for filling...
And as always, lube the rings before you install the glass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread