Status
Not open for further replies.

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Finally Found One!

Based on the recommendation of one of the answers I received in the Ask The Vets thread I now have a GP Spheroid on the way. I placed my order with Domo Vapor Co. for a Spheroid and some fluff and the order is on it's way.

This is my probably my greatest investment to date, I also ordered a Russian 91% the same day but the Spheroid is a different atty all together.

If any of you would be willing to share what you consider an ideal setup I would appreciate any input. I'm not a cloud chaser, just interested in quality vaping.

I only ask to prevent some of the beginning issues you may have had. I'm not afraid of learning on my own, just thought I could get a head start here.

Thanks All! :)

wildvet

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
San Diego
Congrats! You will love it [emoji1]

I suggest you review the tips & tricks thread, it has tons of useful info that really helped me. I started with an aga-t to practice coil building for a few weeks first, so consider me a novice.

IMO the spheroid is super user friendly & I had mine going quickly with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
You will absolutely love the Spheroid! I too have 3 of them, and use them constantly. The Spheroid is definitely one of my favorite attys of all time!

Just a few tips: Make sure you don't wrap your Fluff too tightly. I was doing this when I first started with the Spheroid, and it causes the juice to get trapped in the fluff. Less is more in this case. It depends on your PG/VG ratio, but I typically use 2-2.5" of fluff. Just make sure it's touching the bell and the inner walls of the tank.

Don't be afraid to experiment with different builds on the Spheroid. For a long time all I did was a 4-wrap silica build with 30ga Kanthal. It vaped great, but I then tried a 6-wrap microcoil wicked with Rayon, and the flavor/vapor production increased dramatically!

And lastly, don't make your wicks too long. For a while I was making my wicks too long and it was not wicking as well, and the wick would block the flow of air up through the bell into your drip tip...

You will be very impressed with the flavor production though.....The Spheroid is defnitely a flavor hound!! It might take some getting used to the draw, but once you do it's really spot on!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!! :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Finally Found One!

Based on the recommendation of one of the answers I received in the Ask The Vets thread I now have a GP Spheroid on the way. I placed my order with Domo Vapor Co. for a Spheroid and some fluff and the order is on it's way.

This is my probably my greatest investment to date, I also ordered a Russian 91% the same day but the Spheroid is a different atty all together.

If any of you would be willing to share what you consider an ideal setup I would appreciate any input. I'm not a cloud chaser, just interested in quality vaping.

I only ask to prevent some of the beginning issues you may have had. I'm not afraid of learning on my own, just thought I could get a head start here.

Thanks All! :)

Great folks @ Domo and you are getting a great device!!

Congratulations!

Excellent guide here for regular coil and here for micro/cotton.

Have fun
I

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Congrats on your choice. Fantastic! And welcome.

Tips and tricks is a great place to start.

Here's my setup. About 1" x 2" on the fluff. No more than the 1" though. It can be between 3/4" and 1". You'll tamp it down. The 2" seems to work very well for length.
The wick. Imagine a straight wick through the coil laying flat. Now cut it at the spot the base ends so none hangs over.

I have 3 spheroids. This setup is fool proof for me and I can set it up blindfolded.

Whatever works for you, this baby you'll enjoy! :)

Add: I also wrap on a 1/16 jig/drill bit with 30 gauge wire. Usually 6-7 wraps puts me in the neighborhood of 1-1.3 ohms.

Last edited:

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
And the story continues,

Well my Spheroid came, definitely a beautiful piece of equipment. Of course I started checking every piece out and couldn't figure out how to remove the bell. Every picture I had ever seen of the Spheroid showed that it was threaded, none the less I figured out that the bell on the V3 is held in by an O-ring and pushed in, no threads.

I cut a piece of fluff 1" x 2" and wrapped it and loaded it in to the tube, usually for my other devices I wrap 30awg around a 1/16 drill bit, 9 wraps put me at 1.8 ohms. This time I did 8 wraps of 30 on a 2mm screw driver and came out with 1.9ohms (need to adjust that)! Filled the coil with organic cotton leaving the ends plenty long to ensure good contact with the fluff.

With my last order from MVS they sent me a 30ml bottle of juice I had never heard of or used. The big difference from what I usually vape is that it is 100% vg except for any pg in the flavors and it's at 12mg which is what I usually get. It smelled fine so I tried two new things!

I saturated the fluff and the cotton wick, put it together and added it to my Sigelei 30W. Cranked it up two 20 watts, took a hit and dang near choked! My usual pg/vk ratio is more pg than vg so that was a surprise with 100% vg.

It wasn't a bad vape, just hit like a ton of bricks that nailed my throat! Set the Sigelei down to 12 watts and much better now.

Just wanted to share my first GP Spheroid experience with you!

I would like to know if there is a more popular set up for this device, silica wick, cellucotton (rayon), coil builds ( micro/standard spaced) things like that, or is this a whatever works for you? I'm not into the sub ohm category yet, so anything you suggest will be taken with gratitude and appreciation.

Thanks, Chuck

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey Chuck,

There are many many different ways to set up the Spheroid. For a long time I was setting mine up with 4/5 wraps of 30ga. Kanthal around a loop of 2mm Silica....it vaped excellent, but just recently I began to experiment with Cellucotton so I decided to do a micro coil using 28ga. Kanthal for a 1.1 Ohm coil....I then wicked it with the Rayon, and holy moly!! The flavor/vapor production was markedly better than my previous silica builds....I have even heard of people using SS Mesh in their Spheroids, but I can't recommend that as I've never tried it....

You, like a lot of us, may find that you have to drop your nic level in the Spheroid....Previous to me getting my first (of 3) Spheroids, I was vaping 18mg strength liquid, but I have since dropped to 6-12mg...... the Spheroid is very good at it's nic delivery....

Anyway try a few diff builds and see what works best for you....and we're all here to help you get the most out of your new Spheroid! I have tried many different tank attys, but the Spheroid remains one of my favorites....it really does vape SO well and is very versatile as far as how you can set it up!! :)

Last edited:

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
Yup, I tried many many builds in my Spheroid..32awg, 30awg, 28awg, microcoil, standard coil, sillica 2mm, 3mm, cotton,... Almost everything worked fine.
I stick to my 4 wraps of 30awg kanthal a1 on a looped 3mm silica wick, which gives me 1.2ohms. It's just what works best for me. I'm using it on a mech mod...so 13-11W maybe. For me it's great. And by far the best atty I have used.

Sent from my iPhone

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Gratz! Currently own 3 Spheroids and have one on the way as well.
You can probably just return that Russian or list it on the classifieds since you won't be needing it. :D
I gave my boss my Russian after I got my first or second Spheroid and every time I have to rebuild it for him I grow more in love with my Spheros or Herons.

Yeah my boss only smoked when I'd go outside for one and when I switched to vaping I gave him one of my setups. He has no interest in messing with any of it, he just wants to take a few puffs during the day or whatever. So I get to vape in the office and I just maintain his set up too. Although I'm almost to the point of wanting to buy him a cheap used Spheroid so I can stop having to .... with the Russian!

My setup on them...
I use a GP Fork that I cut as my coil jig (for the diameter) and do 7 wraps of 28g which comes out to right about 1.0ohms.
Currently I'm using the CC Rayon and it wicks like a champ. KGD also works really well.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
So I'm guessing the Heron is also a quality device also. I've been considering one but wasn't sure.
I know that I love the spheroid!

From A Galaxy Far Away

I am glad you're fond of the Spheroid! I don't know if you already took a look at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...notifications-tips-tricks-updates-thread.html, it has a ton of tutorials about Spheroid, Heron, etc, gathered the last 2 years from many vapers worldwide. Both atties are versatile, forgiving and user friendly. Observing the different builds of Heron and Spheroid, the different parts, etc you may consider Heron as an evolved Spheroid at 22 mm :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread