Spheroid v2 - Anyone Using This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esmkr209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As everyone already knows reviews are truly subjective and everyone is entitled to there opinion. As a 5 year vapor and owner of just about every APV and RBA out there I can say without a shadow of a doubt the Spheriod is one of the best RBA out right now. It's extremely easy to rebuild, absolutely never leaks and can be thrown in your pocket with absolute confidence that nothing will happen to it. The amount of vapor and flavor it delivers is absolutely head and shoulders above all of my other RBA's (Zenesis, DID, Penelope, etc...). I'm currently getting somewhere between 3 to 4 hours between refills and let me tell you the Spheriod uses every last drop of juice before the flavor starts to diminish .

Please I'm begging you don't get turned off by the fact that it uses filler material. The filler material does not alter the flavor in anyway and never comes in contact with the coil.

If you have the opportunity to purchase one, please do so you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
50 Spheroid v2s will be available every other night at 21:00 GMT (5:00EST). There will be a sale tomorrow.

Thank you so much esm, I ordered one but was a bit nervous when I saw that there was filler material involved. I do absolutely adore my GPaps (even though I thought I could never like a bottom button) so bought this. I'll be looking into a picollo or GPaps X next.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I can't get into the site either. Pbusardo did a review and he gave it a thumbs up. I too am a bit leary of getting something with filler material since that was what I was trying to get away from when I switched to the VN. They look simple to build. I don't want to mess with combining non-resistance wire with resistance wire and oxidizing mesh. He said these are similar to the steam machine but they don't leak. In his zap review, he pretty much said you don't have to spend $100 on an expensive rebuildable to get a good vape. I notice that most days, he's using his VN.

I also am noticing that many are really wanting the expensive, hard to get rebuildables. Just because they're expensive, exclusive and hard to get.. does that make them give a better vape than, say, a Vivi nova? Most people (myself included) are suckers for hard to get items. I have delivery devices that work very well for me but I do like to experiment and try different things if it's not too expensive (this is a hobby for me after all).. does anyone know how much the GP Spheroid costs?

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
The Spheroid is a fiberglass wick; that would be more of a concern than the filler, which does't touch the heating element at all vs. ie. a carotmizer does.
I take my chances with silica (fiberglass wick) for now ... i have a Spheroid V1 in the mail because of the reviews ( I LOVE FLAVOR - and VAPOR) and I have a Fatty V2 which is silica now too.
Traded a ZAP for the Spheroid just because they have been hard to get and should be that good.
What is the difference with the V1 and V2 Spheriod please?
I figure I will get a V2 if the difference is substantial...
with all the $dough$ I spend on vaping I MUST have the BEST!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Thanks Huffel, I'll have to check that out. Does the system allow for upgrade to V2 from V1?
Anyway, I won't get too excited (already am though) about it until V1 in my hand.
I see a SteamMachine on the classies tonight too...

Think that the difference is the size or shape of the bell. It's described on the vapourart.com site.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
If you ask me, when respected reviewer says best flavor (vapor plenty), I am all about it!
I look for a vendor. Problem is they are produced over there somewhere, and sold in small batches, and I hear GP owners get first dibs too.
If its because of the filler, or what, and not many seem to be talking about them, my chances are that much better.
As everyone already knows reviews are truly subjective and everyone is entitled to there opinion. As a 5 year vapor and owner of just about every APV and RBA out there I can say without a shadow of a doubt the Spheriod is one of the best RBA out right now. It's extremely easy to rebuild, absolutely never leaks and can be thrown in your pocket with absolute confidence that nothing will happen to it. The amount of vapor and flavor it delivers is absolutely head and shoulders above all of my other RBA's (Zenesis, DID, Penelope, etc...). I'm currently getting somewhere between 3 to 4 hours between refills and let me tell you the Spheriod uses every last drop of juice before the flavor starts to diminish .

Please I'm begging you don't get turned off by the fact that it uses filler material. The filler material does not alter the flavor in anyway and never comes in contact with the coil.

If you have the opportunity to purchase one, please do so you will not be disappointed.
I picked one off the classies, V1, and am so pleased that I've been stalking the site for V2.
Just got a line on a V2 in the classies; new.... ! Just waiting on the invoice.
I have a stash of hh357s, a dozen hybrid atomizers from Vapage new spec (which are fabulous, and for the price), a Fatty v2, some AVAs ... This GP Spheroid outdoes them all. It's everything I've been lookin for in spades.
I guess the only thing I don't have now is a good Gen.... Will give mesh another try. Didn't know how to nudge the coils before when I had a couple.

Last edited:

BigErn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Georgia
I just got through setting up my Spheroid V2, mated it with V2 Piccolo and filled it up wih some cinnamon cookies juice I got from the vapourart site. I really like it, ough I have only been vaping it for a few minutes. It is comparable to the GG Penelope, yet easier to setup. The only quibble I have with the setup is bending the coil/wick above the air hole, it took a few tries to sort it out. I love the filler material, it allows you to vape whilst holding your device at any or no angle, wicking in better than Penelope...I will post a picture in a few.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I use a rather thick wire and leave enough room near the posts for hoisting it up and over; about 2-3mm.
It does wick well but I also drip into it - can't seem to flood it :)

Are you "supposed" to refill wicking filler from the top cap? I've been just injecting into the filler from the bottom where the wicking is exposed sort of like a reverse carto fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread