Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I've gone from vv to vw to vv and now am back to all mechanical. Tomorrow I'll probably try something else. Complete PVADD here. Maybe should have tried my 357s on a vv before making such a judgement -- still use them to test out flavors. Dying to try my Spheroid but cant stand the look of it on my pvs. As soon as I get my lil gus I'll see if this one is for me.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've gone from vv to vw to vv and now am back to all mechanical. Tomorrow I'll probably try something else. Complete PVADD here. Maybe should have tried my 357s on a vv before making such a judgement -- still use them to test out flavors. Dying to try my Spheroid but cant stand the look of it on my pvs. As soon as I get my lil gus I'll see if this one is for me.

Huffel, there's a place for everything... heheh. I was thinking to sell off my HH357 stash and go with a couple SPheroid... glad I kept them anyway.

I have a 2.0 Ohm HH357 901 on my Vmax... which is known as "atty killah".... at the 3.0 setting it's really somewher near 4v. Plumes and flavor every time.

Still working on my SPheroids. I think I have the wicks obstructing the "air bell hole"....

BigErn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Georgia
I didn't mean to imply there is anything wrong with the 357s, just not what I enjoy. I don't mess with any VV stuff these days. Just a 3.7 IMR battery device is what I use. I too am having an issue with my spheroid. When I take it off of my piccolo to use the hellfire mini, then go to put it back on the piccolo, it won't fire, but will pop and break two three or even four brand new springs. I have to take the piccolo apart, adjust the center post, unadjust the center post, screw in the spheroid, screw it out, etc, etc, etc. sometimes it will take 20 minutes to get it working again. Now this is an rba that is designed to mate with the piccolo. This should NOT be happening, so maybe someone can make a suggestion of any possible remedies for this problem. Thanks, Ern

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I hear you Big Ern, it's not for everyone, and for newbs (not you Ern), I don't really recommend them too often, especially because of the price and what you get for that much more (hand wrapped, flavor is noticeably better) than conventional which btw, the Hybrids, by Avid and Vapage are designed like the HH357, but mass produced, and done extremely well imo. Even easier to get consistent results from.

Vinv

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Space
Only 7 left ! get 'em while they last. highest reviews anywhere really ..

http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-spheroid-v2

сan anyone measure the spheroid ? how wide is it ? because I want to match a mechanic mod battery to it and I want it to set flash on the bat for that clean look ... :) and I dont like the GP bats

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I just removed the filler and have a big wick so I just drip 5-6 drops. Works great!
I burnt my last coil/wick bad... this device gives a slightly cool vape and with all the chamber room in there, it takes a while to get the vapor up there so I was burning my coil and the char got into the filler material (which i have a ton of btw).
Like most other quality RBAs, as long as the coil is firing evenly, the flavor and vapor is outstanding.
Love my Spheroid.
Hate fastening the coil wire to the posts and always mess it up though... this coil is reading 3.3 and I have it at 5.3v on my Provari... superb.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I use a rather thick wire and leave enough room near the posts for hoisting it up and over; about 2-3mm.
It does wick well but I also drip into it - can't seem to flood it :)

Are you "supposed" to refill wicking filler from the top cap? I've been just injecting into the filler from the bottom where the wicking is exposed sort of like a reverse carto fill.

Run the coil diagonally between the posts rather than up and over.

Also, use looped wicks rather than cutting them.. Makes it easier to get them back in after refilling ;)

Loop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2009
Bellevue,WA
I just got my spheroid today, but I need help building a higher resistance coil. The only material I have is the coil and wick they sent with the spheroid. First coil I built was @ 1.1 ohm's but that is too low for my Provari V1. What would be the trick to get the resistance in the 2.3-2.5 range? From the site it looks like I have 0.15mm Nichrome wire and 1mm glass fiber wick. If anyone knows the trick please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread