Spring came out of extension cap 2.5 UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but the spring pulled out of my extension cap while I was cleaning it, I can't seem to reattach it. are there any registered stockists of replacement extension caps in the UK or failing that does anyone know how to repair the spring in the extension cap? I'm worried I'm going to end up losing it while changing batteries.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but the spring pulled out of my extension cap while I was cleaning it, I can't seem to reattach it. are there any registered stockists of replacement extension caps in the UK or failing that does anyone know how to repair the spring in the extension cap? I'm worried I'm going to end up losing it while changing batteries.
ProVari 3 Collector's Edition ProVarinati end cap
Creme de vape is showing new end caps for a P3, so you might try them for springs to see if they are in stock. They might know how to fix the one you have. If you don't already have back up parts, it might be a good time to get some spares for the future.

eta: P3 and the 2.5 use a different spring, so you can't put the heavy spring from the P3 into the 2.5 instead of the smaller spring.

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
The spring is screwed into the end cap - try putting it into place and hold it with a finger as you turn the cap.
I've tried screwing it in, I've tried wedging it in, I've tried forcing it with precision screwdrivers. I have no solution. I've caved and ordered a whole replacement endcap from UK ECig Store, it's £12.50 (about $16) with P&P but I don't want to lose my Vari.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I've tried screwing it in, I've tried wedging it in, I've tried forcing it with precision screwdrivers. I have no solution. I've caved and ordered a whole replacement endcap from UK ECig Store, it's £12.50 (about $16) with P&P but I don't want to lose my Vari.
Wow, that really sucks and is weird. It's a bit:censored:ch but you should be able to hold the top of the spring with needle nose pliers and turn the cap counter-clock wise while applying pressure from the top of the spring. It sucked but when we used our V2's, I changed the spring once a year. Sometime before a year is up, you're going to need to stretch that spring a bit and change at a year. The P3's are every 6 months.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I used to have a TON of trouble too. I got one in once or twice, but it would take like 50 attempts.
When bored, try again, it may just "catch" at the right angle, and then you'll have a spare to use (while messing with the new one if IT ever comes out, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread