Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
WTQ,

would that affect it seriously? if so i'll put an order in for atties adn they should be in just before or around when he returns my woodvil.

oh no no not at all I was just making a joke because I don't like cartos. That being said buy some attys you have the bottom fed mod meaning you don't need to drip with your atty and the taste and vapor is just so much better with an atty I think.

ufo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2009
Rome - italy
Hi friends:)

The same problem of short circuit, happened to 3 of my Italian friends who have bought the Minis and Grands with the latest stock.
The springs now are burned and deformed.
They are all veterans vapers, so they know how to use PV and all the attentions to avoid problems. Despite this, the short has happened both at 3.7 v (with the Mini) and at 6v with the Grand.
The attys were normal 306lr or 510 HV, no cartomizers, and the batteries were AW IMR 14500 or Tenergy LiFePO4 3v (all accessories they bought behind my suggestion)
How it is possible so many accidents have occurred recently?
I have been using my two reos for months, and I tried them with different voltages and atom (510,901,801 ....) and never had problems.... they are great!:D

Rob, Lisa, is there, perhaps, some defect in the recently sold reos?

Given the distance and time of shipment, it is possible to fix them without sending back?

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Diego, did you see this post from Rob in this thread?

Hey Jay its not that its a new device this was happening with all the mods more often then it should have.It wasn't happening to the veterans so I chalked it up to new users doing things they shouldn't. It was eating at me I take pride in my work and when one of my mod shorts I cringe . To make a long story short I found the center pins I was using were thicker then they were suppose to be .That on top of some bad center pin gaskets well you see what can happen .

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com

The same problem of short circuit, happened to 3 of my Italian friends who have bought the Minis and Grands with the latest stock.
They are all veterans vapers, so they know how to use PV and all the attentions to avoid problems. Despite this, the short has happened both at 3.7 v (with the Mini) and at 6v with the Grand.
The attys were normal 306lr or 510 HV, no cartomizers, and the batteries were AW IMR 14500 or Tenergy LiFePO4 3v (all accessories they bought behind my suggestion)
I have been using my two reos for months, and I tried them with different voltages and atom (510,901,801 ....) and never had problems.... they are great!:D

Given the distance and time of shipment, it is possible to fix them without sending back?

Hi Diego! :)
Have your friends contact Rob. As you can see, he is aware of the problem. I don't know if it is an issue that can be fixed by the user, that will have to be answered by Rob. They need to send Rob a PM with their name, email address they ordered with, and a description of their set up (atty, battery, adapters if any). He will take care of them. :)

ufo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2009
Rome - italy
Hi Diego! :)
Have your friends contact Rob. As you can see, he is aware of the problem. I don't know if it is an issue that can be fixed by the user, that will have to be answered by Rob. They need to send Rob a PM with their name, email address they ordered with, and a description of their set up (atty, battery, adapters if any). He will take care of them. :)

Hi Lisa:) Thank you for the help

I was hoping it was a problem solvable by the users, because for us to send back the REO is long and expensive.

However, now I will tell the italian reonauti to contact Rob and explain the problem.

Thank you again dear friend. A big hug

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Thank you Tripp.
I had seen that post but I I was unable to understand what is the centrer pin of which Rob speaks.
Here Diego...
This is the top of a REO Grand. The center post is the little round part in the center of the 510 connection that has a small hole in it. Your atomizers and cartomizers have the same thing on the threaded end of them.
RGcloseup003.jpg

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Ok, thank you Lisa, now I have understood.
My center pin is apparently identical to that of the photo.
Is there a way to recognize the pins that gives problems?

I'm curious about this too! Is there a way to visually check for trouble, or to identify good pins vs. Bad pins?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I don't know. Since the ones that Rob is worried about are a sizing issue, that would be difficult for us to see as they are very small. As to the atomizers, cartomizers and adapters that that have caused shorts due to bad gaskets, I am not sure they are visible to the naked eye either. I do know, however that when this center post on adapters sticks out farther than the threaded body, that is a sure fire way of knowing that it could cause your mod to short. Should be something to keep an eye on with your atomizers & cartomizers as well. I'll let you know if I hear of any other way of knowing. :)

Bebbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Sutri - Rome - Italy

I am one of the 3 :(

Well, just to give some more infos that maybe could help, I was using a 306 Cisco at 1.8 ohm and a AW IMR 18650 batt. Both are still working as I'm using the atom on the Mini and the battery on the Provari without any problem

I think I'll add a few photos maybe can help Rob (I sent him a mail in the afternoon)

_DSC5959_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

_DSC5960_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

_DSC5961_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

_DSC5962_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

_DSC5963_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

_DSC5964_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

_DSC5965_01 di _Bebbo_, su Flickr

I left them in max size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread