Squonking, the conversion is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
About a year ago I decided to see what all the squonking hoopla was about. I'm not a fan of mech mods. so when I saw a Reo Grand VV in the classified ads I jumped on it. It wasn't long before my (2) Provari v2 weren't seeing as much action as before. I was pretty happy with the Reo vv until about a month ago when it died for good. Faced with going back to my Provari didn't seem like it would be a big deal, but I was wrong. I just couldn't get the flavor and vape quality that I had become accustomed to.
I toughed it out for a few weeks, but found myself stalking the Sunbox web site. I kept telling myself that they were just too expensive, and damn near impossible to get. I expanded my search for a regulated squonker that I could actually buy. Then I found the Geyscano, it's plain boxey and not a very attractive mod, but for under $80.00, I felt it was worth a try. It's not a bad entry level squonker that is rated for 50w, and it comes with a bottom feed atomizer included in the price. It actually vapes pretty well. But, after obsessing over the Sunbox for weeks, it just didn't quench my thirst.
Then I decided to grab a Squonk Flask, since they were readily available and an upgrade over the Geyscano. While waiting to receive the Squonk Flask, out of the blue Sunbox E7s began to show in the classified section. I passed on a couple of them, but it was driving me nuts. I had ordered 2 mods. in just days, and now I was missing out on getting the device that I coveted most. Then when another E7 appeared in the classifieds I simply couldn't resist any longer so I bought it. I was ecstatic and couldn't wait for my new toys to arrive. That's when it happened, a Sunbox E8 Odin Edition popped up unexpectedly in the classifieds. Now, to me this is the Holy Grail of squonkers, I was beside myself. I considered the idea of adding another mod to my stable for all of 30 seconds before making the deal. The E8 and Squonk Flask arrived today to join my E7, Geyscano, and (2)Provari. I am basking in the joy of finally getting exactly what I wanted, although I made a few detours along the way. I'm truly a happy camper, even though my wallet has taken a beating in the process.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Lol, been away from the forum for a while. Read this now I want a skwonker too! Crazy how fast the equipment is changing around here.
If you just want to try one, the Geyscano has everything you need included. All else you would need is a battery and some juice. Their are several reviews on You Tube that list its virtues as well as the flaws. After having had one on hand I wholeheartedly agree with the reviewers assessment.

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
About a year ago I decided to see what all the squonking hoopla was about. I'm not a fan of mech mods. so when I saw a Reo Grand VV in the classified ads I jumped on it. It wasn't long before my (2) Provari v2 weren't seeing as much action as before. I was pretty happy with the Reo vv until about a month ago when it died for good. Faced with going back to my Provari didn't seem like it would be a big deal, but I was wrong. I just couldn't get the flavor and vape quality that I had become accustomed to.
I toughed it out for a few weeks, but found myself stalking the Sunbox web site. I kept telling myself that they were just too expensive, and damn near impossible to get. I expanded my search for a regulated squonker that I could actually buy. Then I found the Geyscano, it's plain boxey and not a very attractive mod, but for under $80.00, I felt it was worth a try. It's not a bad entry level squonker that is rated for 50w, and it comes with a bottom feed atomizer included in the price. It actually vapes pretty well. But, after obsessing over the Sunbox for weeks, it just didn't quench my thirst.
Then I decided to grab a Squonk Flask, since they were readily available and an upgrade over the Geyscano. While waiting to receive the Squonk Flask, out of the blue Sunbox E7s began to show in the classified section. I passed on a couple of them, but it was driving me nuts. I had ordered 2 mods. in just days, and now I was missing out on getting the device that I coveted most. Then when another E7 appeared in the classifieds I simply couldn't resist any longer so I bought it. I was ecstatic and couldn't wait for my new toys to arrive. That's when it happened, a Sunbox E8 Odin Edition popped up unexpectedly in the classifieds. Now, to me this is the Holy Grail of squonkers, I was beside myself. I considered the idea of adding another mod to my stable for all of 30 seconds before making the deal. The E8 and Squonk Flask arrived today to join my E7, Geyscano, and (2)Provari. I am basking in the joy of finally getting exactly what I wanted, although I made a few detours along the way. I'm truly a happy camper, even though my wallet has taken a beating in the process.

Pictures or it didn't happen ;):p

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
My photograph isn't very good , but they are all there.

mods.jpg

Reactions: Technonut

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Congrats! Since purchasing my first REO six months ago all of my non bottomfeeder equipment is collecting dust. Funny part is I continue to go back to the good ole REO over everything else.

The Reo vv is what sold me on squonking. But I really love the Sunbox E8 it easily tops all the rest for me.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have to agree.. :) The Sunbox E7 is hands-down, the best regulated squonker I've owned. The quality is VERY good, and worth the cost of admission if it is in one's means. I actually have 2.. A DNA 30, and DNA 40. They're the Modulo versions, with removable panels. I like the wooden ones I have, but wish I could readily find some different wood types available. ;)

I really would have liked to get in on the limited edition Eden Mods Snapdragon / E8 combo that was sold last week at the UK VapeFest.. :drool: I WILL at least be purchasing a Snapdragon as soon as they show up in the States though.. From what I've read so far, it's a damn good BF RDA.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I have to agree.. :) The Sunbox E7 is hands-down, the best regulated squonker I've owned. The quality is VERY good, and worth the cost of admission if it is in one's means. I actually have 2.. A DNA 30, and DNA 40. They're the Modulo versions, with removable panels. I like the wooden ones I have, but wish I could readily find some different wood types available. ;)

I really would have liked to get in on the limited edition Eden Mods Snapdragon / E8 combo that was sold last week at the UK VapeFest.. :drool: I WILL at least be purchasing a Snapdragon as soon as they show up in the States though.. From what I've read so far, it's a damn good BF RDA.

The Snapdragon looks similar in design to the Magma. It concerns me that it may leak from the air tubes, like the Magma. I really like the idea of bottom airflow, but I can't abide a leaky atomizer.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Good point.. From what I gather, there is more to the BF Snapdragon than just a BF pin. I haven't read of any leaking issues yet, but it's not been out long. Something to look into a little more for certain though.

I saw a fix for the Magmas leaking problem, can't remember where at the moment. Basically, they drilled the AFC holes inside the atty to accommodate a syringe needle snuggly. Then pressed the needle into the holes leaving it sticking up about 2 mm, to deflect juice away from the AFC holes. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread