• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ss mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefm1

Nov 21, 2012
south africa
Just curious as to why you don't want to do that part yourself?

i am always into DIY and I like rebuilding. but read so many stories about ss mesh, the chemicals it releases when burning, and the process looks a bit difficult and requires a blow torch. so im thinking twice. never used ss mesh before

if anyone can tell me a easy way to roll and oxidize ss mesh i will def give it a try

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS

sabrefm1

Nov 21, 2012
south africa
so anyway i tried doing this oxidation to see if my diy skills are any good, and my first attempt was not that bad. although im not sure what size grid it is, as it came with the clear atty i ordered from fast tech, i small piece that was pre rolled. i used the lighter method, it takes a bit long tho, so my next one im going to buy a small burner rather. but tho its a bit of a lengthy process in the beginning, it didnt seem all that bad. so in the coming weeks i will be getting various grid size ss sheets, from some local supplier and with some 32. kanthal and see how that goes.

although most of the videos i watched on youtube they built with a tunnel, small center open. my ssh mesh cam prerolled with a size 3mm silica wick in the middle. does it perhaps perform better with a silica wick in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread