Status
Not open for further replies.

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
Ok so I have been trying the Pyrex/ss mod and after the connection leg on my last piece pulled apart. I decided to try something I have not read about not know of if it is being done..so excuse me if it has already been discussed.

I have pics below for step by step..

First I used a carpet needle
9u5yry4a.jpg

Then I wrapped my mesh around it.. About 3-5 wraps..
da7yzena.jpg

After that the hole should be pretty good size, I added a normal needle to show how big the hole in mesh is compared to a normal needle
juguhume.jpg

So after I had rolled it onto the carpet needle, I then torched it.. No picture..

Then I pushed the carpet needle to the top of the mesh, eye first
abaramuv.jpg

Then I used about a 6in. Long piece of cotton, maybe longer and threaded it so it was halfway through the eye..
amuhaneg.jpg

Then I pulled it through the mesh, keep a tight pinch on the mesh At this point until the cotton and eye are just pulled through the mesh..
uhe6unub.jpg

As soon as the loop of cotton makes it through pull one side of cotton through..
ze4u8u9e.jpg

After this point you can wrap your coil.. If I had been thinking I would of put a regular needle through the mesh then ran the cotton through with carpet needle, and then removed small needle after coil was wrapped, but it worked out with wrapping coil on mesh with just cotton on..after I got everything together, (I still had 3 in. Of cotton sticking out the top of mesh) I wetted the mesh/cotton and fired, I wasn't as worried about all coils heating up as much as a hot leg..

Once I was satisfied with the coil, I pulled a bit of cotton up, (it wasn't easy and I pulled gently) to make sure any burned cotton was out of mesh which had got hot while I was test firing coil, which I did keep wet with eliquid..

I left about 2 in. Or so of cotton in the tank.. And so far for 30 min working great..
aqamu2up.jpg

Notice that my mesh doesn't go far into the tank, but I may try it longer next time.. So far so good..

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
I would think a local hardware store.. I don't even remember how I came about with mine, but I would imagine in the carpet supply area..oh, also possibly leather working type supplies as well..

The flavor is not too bad, but it should get better.. I wish I had some bamboo yarn but I will have to look some of that up.. The cotton center will get really dark, but I am thinking it is from the black from when I torched the mesh..if u leave enough in the tank, you can pull some out after a bit and cut it off.. Just have to be careful to not upset your coil.. Lol

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
k3vin

Great walk thru.

There are a number posts on this, but most are contained within threads that you may not readily click on because of the thread title . A number of combination efforts have been described in http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ystems/295410-vivi-nova-rebuild-tutorial.html

Its a bit long but may be worth the read.

Also BJ43 has extensively tested a number or combinations all over this forum, especially in gennies, so a search on his user name may also be helpful.

My best setup using this combination was with bamboo (Aunt Lydia #10). But I always go back to cotton...for flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread