SS Wire Rope for wicking Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I have looked back 5 pages and saw no mention of SS Wire Rope so I thought I might start a thread. I'm using a Digiflavor Siren and would like to get some Wire Rope to experiment with but can't find much info on it, like where to buy it, which would be better, 304, 316 or does that matter, the number of strands or does that matter. What's the best way to cut it, where can I find 3mm diameter rope ?? Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Hey Shawn, good see'in ya again. Thanks, I'll check it out. I do have a Dremel with reinforced cut off wheels, so I'm all set there.

I hear ya, but like I said, it's an experiment to see if it would work better that KGD or Rayon.

Plus, It gives me something to do and keeps me off the streets.;)

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I think I will try out Shawn's recommendation in post #2 of this thread, looks to be a good one. I'll let ya'll know how it goes when I get some to play with. Being FT, it will take about 3 weeks for me to get some in my hands after I get it ordered though. I'm about ready to change wicks in my Siren, and when I do I will try some Mesh this time before I spend the $$$ on SS Rope, just as a proof of concept type of thing.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
We use to use wire rope in gennys and still have some . It worked ok, but back then we didn't have the power, so it was slow to heat. The rope was the wicking material and we wrapped the kanthal around it...because of the spirals of the rope, it wicked the juice straight up from tank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread