SSJ2 PLUME VEIL (Seriously it's silly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptJYossarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Had a bit of a dremmel-y weekend. Cutting discs and wire brushes and drilling out and oh my...aside from fixing up my tobh's and asMODus (getting rid of teeth) I also transformed my Plume Veil into something absolutely ridiculous.

Super Saijan 2 Plume Veil:

MODDEDTOPCAP.jpg

COMPARISONTOSTOCK.jpg

The black one is a stock clone.

DREADNAUGHT(TM)AIRHOLES.jpg

DREADNAUGHT(TM)AIRHOLES.jpg

Just wrapped up some quad 22 ga macros on her...

IMG_20141014_024721.jpg

Unfortunately they don't ramp up fast enough. Gonna try a more intense build later.

***DISCLAIMER: I am being super risky here with this coil set up. I am using VTC5s, and only those, with this build. DO NOT ATTEMP TO REPLICATE THIS COIL SET UP WITHOUT KNOWING BATTERY SAFETY. vape SAFE***

CptJYossarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Resistance on the build was at 0.12, which was dissapointingly high for such a hard build to put on there...I was aiming for around 0.08 or 0.07. I redid the build with g-plat and it came out to about 0.1 but the ramp up was still huge. The flavour on the build is definitely muted because there's just soooo much airflow. The only way to get anything decent out of this thing would be to go ridiculously hot...talking 0.05 or 0.06. Which I might do...just been busy with school stuff.

This was mostly just for experimentation, not a daily use thing at all. I use a stock plume clone I have for the daily and it's awesome stock. This was an attempt at making the most ridiculous fog making machine that I could, and it sort of works. The clouds are pretty big but no density cause it's not quite hot enough. I'm gonna work on it though :p

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I don't honestly consider .12 dangerous so long as the user knows exactly what they are doing and are using a conductive enough mod so that nothing excessively heats up, I actually have a mod built to that resistance which I vape on every single day and the coils are going on three months old!

With all that airflow You need something like this guy in there.

cloudcha2.jpg

Twisted 22G Nichrome 80, wrapped around a 2.5mm screwdriver six times.

cloudcha3.jpg

I have that build sitting aside just to fool around with. Yes, I've vaped on it and yes I'm aware that it's ~290Watts and 70A. Heats up stupid fast, gets majorly ...... off and angry within about 1.5 seconds unless you've got a metric crap ton of airflow, I have a Plumeveil 1.5 top cap that has 1/2" wide air slits that I use it with and with all of the other airflow open it's enough to cool that thing down.

Disclaimer - ***I have taken the necessary safety precautions to ensure my own safety while pushing batteries to/near the limit. I am extremely experienced with high amperage batteries.*** Furthermore, I never fired that build for longer than three seconds, Drawing 70A from a VTC5 is entirely possible but MUST be limited to less than 5 seconds. After firing the build 10 times for 2-3 seconds I remove the battery and swap it out for a fresh one. I do not let the batteries get below a resting voltage of 3.90v when supersubohming with them and I only use fresh/nearly new VTC5's as they are IMO the most stable at exceedingly high quick pulse drain rates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread