• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
At the last South West MO Regional Meeting, we discussed the idea of arranging monthly meetings for other regions in Missouri. This thread is for the St. Louis, MO area meetings. I guess we will start the ball rolling with some initial questions. 1st: should we have the meetings at the beginning, middle or end of every month? 2nd: what day of the week works best for everyone on average? 3rd: what time of day works best for everyone on average? 4th: what part of the city should the meetings be held? 5th: should we rotate which part of the citiy we meet at every month? 6th: what venues within the city should we hold the meetings at? These are just some starting questions to get the discussion ball rolling.

This thread is going to be a sticky so that new people can add their ideas and so that we can adjust things as problems arise. By problems I mean things that might necessitate changing: day, time, city, venue, etc. This will also allow people to arrange car pooling if necessary. As this meeting thread is for St. Louis area vapers in Missouri, I assume someone in that area will take the helm when it comes to organizing the meetings. I hope that this will be a helpful starting point for discussing monthly meetings in the St. Louis area.

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Glad to find this thread. A few St. Louis folks are planning a meeting for Saturday, May 15th, exact time and place to be determined once we get a feel for what might be a relatively convenient location for folks.

It'd be great if people could post on this thread their general locations and ideas of meeting places.

So far, the three who are definitely planning on getting together the 15th live in Wildwood (west St. Louis County), Webster Groves, and St. Charles.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
As I am not in the area, I have to leave it to you guys up in St. Louis to setup and maintain your regional meetings. Your idea sounds like a good suggestion. It would be nice to see you and your friends in St. Louis join our social group so we can improve the Show Me Vapers network. I hope more of your regional vapers jump in. Good luck :D .

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Ok, sounds like more people are deciding on attending the 1st St. Louis, MO: Regional Meeting on Saturday 05-15-2010. Things that are decided: 4 x people are going, meeting is on Saturday 05-15-2010. Things that need to be decided: Were in St. Louis is the meeting going to take place and at what time? Everyone who is going for sure should cast in an idea of a venue between: Wildwood, Webster Groves, St. Charles and the Airport. I don't live in the area (so I won't be attending), but how does Union station Hardrock Cafe at 6:30 p.m. Saturday 05-15-2010 sound? I'm just throwing this out so that people can begin deliberating, the 15th isn't too far off from now. Good luck with the planning and don't forget to take pictures of everyone and what they are vaping on. Cheers.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Union Station would be a bit of a hike for the four who've responded thus far, although it might make more sense if someone from across the river wanted to attend.

With the folks represented right now, we're better off to stay west of 170. :)

Let's give it a few more days for people to weigh in and see if others want to attend. I think that so long as we reserve the date and make sure folks know it's an evening event, we can wait a bit longer to set the place and exact time. I think it'd be far more critical to nail down all the details right now if we were talking about folks traveling from a far distance, but thus far, we're all within about 1/2 hour of each other. :)

Ok, sounds like more people are deciding on attending the 1st St. Louis, MO: Regional Meeting on Saturday 05-15-2010. Things that are decided: 4 x people are going, meeting is on Saturday 05-15-2010. Things that need to be decided: Were in St. Louis is the meeting going to take place and at what time? Everyone who is going for sure should cast in an idea of a venue between: Wildwood, Webster Groves, St. Charles and the Airport. I don't live in the area (so I won't be attending), but how does Union station Hardrock Cafe at 6:30 p.m. Saturday 05-15-2010 sound? I'm just throwing this out so that people can begin deliberating, the 15th isn't too far off from now. Good luck with the planning and don't forget to take pictures of everyone and what they are vaping on. Cheers.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Truth be told, I'm really not sure that the St. Louis folks who've RSVPd thus far are necessarily viewing ourselves as the St. Louis chapter of the Show Me Vapers . . . more than anything, this is a meeting of folks in the St. Louis area who want to get together, enjoy some good company, share PVs and liquids around the table, and generally have a good time.

If any active members of Show Me Vapers want to show up and consider this as a chapter meeting, that's great. The more the merrier. :)

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
The gathering was great . . . wonderful to see so many vapers in one place. :toast:

We had seven vapers attending, but I was lousy with taking pictures. :( I took a few with my cell phone, but, well, it was a cell phone and the bar was kind of dark. Worst of all, I HKholer and his wife had to leave early, and I didn't think to take the picture until after he had left. Hopefully, someone will relieve me of photographer duties for the next meeting. :)

The first photo, left to right: Mrs. Jfully4vaping, Jfully4vaping, Stltransporter, and me. Treece was taking the photo, so we took a separate picture of her. :)

I'll post details on our next get together. We're going to try a different place, though . . . Gameday was way too loud. :blink:

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Glad to hear that all of you had a great time. Nice to hear that you are going to post information for your next meeting, so that if new St. Louis area vapers join they can plan ahead to make one of the future meetings. Are you trying to find a place to make your regular haunt? All in all, good to see local vapers gathering and having a good time. cheers.

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Glad to hear that all of you had a great time. Are all of you considering making gatherings a regular thing? If so, are you going to meet at the same time and place every month, roughly? I only ask, so that if new St. Louis area vapers join they can plan ahead to make one of the future meetings. All in all, good to see local vapers gathering and having a good time. cheers.

Yes, we're planning on making it a regular thing, although we haven't yet decided if we're going to be going to the same place each time . . . it might be fun to mix it up a bit, especially since it provides greater exposure to folks who might be interested in vaping. :)

I'll post as soon as we know more.

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
St. Louis folks are getting together June 19th (Saturday--yes, the day before Father's Day) at Village Bar in Des Peres, MO 4:30-ish until whenever . . .

Village Bar The - Google Maps

It's not exactly an easy spot to find. It's right there on Manchester, but the signage isn't so great. The link I provided has a picture of the building . . . rather distinctive with the stripes. :) Parking is BEHIND the building, and you enter the bar from behind. When you walk in, you're convinced you've done something wrong because it looks like a service entrance instead of a public entrance . . . but just head to the right, and you'll be in the bar.

It's easy to miss the driveway to the back of the building. Heading west on Manchester, the building will be on your right. Right after Paradigm Financial (or Paradigm something or other), there will be a turn in right before you hit the striped buildings. Heading east on Manchester, the building will be on your left. You'll see the striped buildings, and the turn in will be immediately after them.

Last time, we had a blast seeing folks' devices and sampling different liquids people brought to share while there.

Any questions, feel free to holler at me.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Welcome and glad to have you in the group FreeGT. By the way, JustJulie, thank you very much for organizing the St. Louis monthly meetings. I'm glad to see that more people are wanting to attend as well. I hope all of you have a great time and I look forward to see the pictures from your June 19th meeting. Cheers.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
Welcome to the group ltros. The next St. Louis, MO: Regional Monthly Meeting is Saturday June 19th 2010 (06-19-2010) at Village Bar in Des Peres, MO 4:30 p.m.. JustJulie has provided all of the necessary information for the gathering in post #16 in this thread. Again, glad to have you in the group and have a great time.

Best Regards,
kdd121s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread