Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I have posted too many of these lately, but this one merits sharing. Wife concluded she liked the 1/8" band and I decided the mirror polish stands up to wear better than the brushed, so we are replacing her daily mod. This is dyed and stabilized burl that I have resawn to 1/8" fit into a standard aluminum box that can be had from "Speedy Metals". They don't make a "perfect size", but the compromise is fine.

Personally I think the burl is just so nice! This is a mock up to see if she approves before putting in a large screen dna 40. The lexan screen is blacked out and flush installed as I have grown to like the look.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I have an enclosure that I am not going to build. It ended up a bit big and I am going in a different direction. You are welcome to it. It has buttons, but no 510 and is drilled for the VT 510. It is this one:

Some items I don't like about it: The screen install did not end up perfect (it is OK, but not seamless) and it will need posts and magnets installed to mount the free cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread