Stainless steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
So I have been building alot of coils with ud stainless steel 24 and 26g wire latley, usually just standerd coils. I like the low resistance and the durability over Kanthal. So my question is who else is using this stuff and have you found anything better than standerd builds with it. I was thinking of making some up and mixing it up with twisting or claptoning with other media like nichrome, NI, TI, and Kanthal. I really like the results of standerd SS, but always like to try new things. What have you tried?

Reactions: Steven Pye

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
I'm into TC and have used ni200, Titanium and SS 316L. today i coiled my first spaced SS wire and i like it so far. A nice warm vape and not so damn springy to work with as titanium.

Funny enough i find ni200 the easiest to work with, but i miss the warm vape.

With titanium i always seem to mess it up.. I'm unable to make a spaced coil so i make non-spaced with the help of the kuro coiler. But even then i even managed to vape great balls of fire with the titanium.. That just happened once probably i messed up and had a hotspot.

So for now i lean towards the ni200 and SS wire. Time will tell.

Reactions: Clark Kent

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
You can pretty much use SS just as you would Kanthal. Twisted, Claptons and so on. Only advice is if doing twisted or a clapton variation, i wouldnt mix with kanthal. The advantage of SS is it has a very clean crisp taste, main reason alot of people switch to it. I think SS and Ni80 are neck and neck as far as flavor and ohm range, so they can mix. Just my :2c:

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I'm into TC and have used ni200, Titanium and SS 316L. today i coiled my first spaced SS wire and i like it so far. A nice warm vape and not so damn springy to work with as titanium.

Funny enough i find ni200 the easiest to work with, but i miss the warm vape.

With titanium i always seem to mess it up.. I'm unable to make a spaced coil so i make non-spaced with the help of the kuro coiler. But even then i even managed to vape great balls of fire with the titanium.. That just happened once probably i messed up and had a hotspot.

So for now i lean towards the ni200 and SS wire. Time will tell.

an easy way to make nice even spaced coils with ni200 is to wrap on a screw. 6/32 and 8/32 are the most popular. just wrap in the threads and then mount in rda and unscrew the thing from your nice pretty coil.

This was made on a screw...

BoostAddict

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2015
Virginia
26g 316ss 9 wraps.jpg
I also prefer spaced coils for TC...... 316L ss 9 wraps freehand

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
an easy way to make nice even spaced coils with ni200 is to wrap on a screw. 6/32 and 8/32 are the most popular. just wrap in the threads and then mount in rda and unscrew the thing from your nice pretty coil.

This was made on a screw...

Thx for the tip! In the meantime i'm all into SS though :) I find the material way easier to coil and it's even possible to just power vape it :)

Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I wldnt waste my SS by molding it with nichrome.....two very different experiences for me.
I realized that now, most of all other wire beside SS is not getting any use any more, I have tried some twists and claptons with all SS, but it seems to take a long time to pulse out the hot spots and get it glowing nice and even. I seems the best for TC is just a nice simple spaced SS coil. I did have good results from a 26/32-2.5 id SS after getting it to pulse even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread