Stardust: getting juice in my mouth and other issues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
I'll be getting an E3 tomorrow which is a stardust look-a-like with replaceable innards that I ordered from discountvapers and wanted to solve a few issues I'm having with my current stardusts since they might also come up with the E3. Also I do use the stardusts occasionally and would like to improve on them.

I'm getting quite a bit of ejuice in my mouth but when I look at the drip tip the bottom of it is nicely pressed up against the silicone cap inside the tube with no visible gaps. Could this juice be from condensation build up that I'm getting in my mouth? Anyway ideas of ways to lessen this....even if it may not be a condensation issue?

Also I cleaned my stardust by taking out the silicone cap and my top metal ring came off. Should I use just any kind of superglue to reattach this or is there something specific that works best?

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That juice in the mouth effect could be one or both of these things:

1. You're getting condensation in the metal cylinder when you vape. To cure this, take a drag and release the button a couple of seconds before you stop dragging on the Stardust.
  2. You're getting overflow e-liquid in the metal cylinder when you fill the Stardust. To not do this, fill slowly from your e-liquid bottle so you don't flood the top chamber to the extent that surplus e-liquid goes down the hole in the top of the metal cone.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
If the metal ring came off, you might have lost the silicone seal piece that goes underneath it, or perhaps it's there but not positioned correctly. Take off the top metal band, look underneath it - is there a flat silicone ring there? make sure it's seated correctly and then you can glue the metal band back on. I've had issues with the top metal bands on the new stardusts being too loose, was getting too airy of a draw and some leakage and discovered this was the problem. Once I fixed that piece, it was all good and I krazy-glued the band on. Note: I'm not talking about the o-ring around the mouthpiece part.

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
ty... I'll try releasing the button technique first, it happened near the end so I don't think it was a filling issue...

but... I took my stardust top off to refill it and to try this technique and my drip tip looked all melted on the inside.

I have a Kgo that has a button that sometimes sticks in the on position despite me doing a few techniques to remedy it. I probably set it down while it was on and it melted the top of my tube. Score 1 for a tough stardust coil. Got another PV ordered so won't have this problem soon and I'll keep a closer eye on this thing.

ty clovery... I'll just use a light dab of water resistant safe superglue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread