Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
My understanding is, the only difference is the metal ring that you have to pour the juice around, to fill the tank.

On the Starre tank, there are two notches, which makes it much easier to fill (I have a Starre tank, really love it)

On the Maganus tank, no notch.

There's a YouTube video where someone compares the two tanks... do a search and you should be able to find it.

$25 for the FreeMax Starre tank is a great deal!

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
My guy at my local vape who was selling both says FreeMax(the parent company) stopped outsourcing to Vapeston, so we may not see the Maganus for much longer. Vapeston was overcharging as well...The FreeMax Starre was originally $34.99 and the Maganus was $44.99. I picked one up when they first dropped then grabbed 2 more for $25. This tank is the best right now IMO and accepts multiple coils(Melo, Herakles, Atlantis 1 & 2, their nickel coils) and the Anyvape Sega rba deck works as well. I'm hearing good things about this top filling tank called The Crown as well but they're not stateside yet. The coils are supposed to be stainless steel, last longer and can vape upto 120w. The company is called Uwell and they actually produce 70% of the coils we're vaping on from all the top brands. They just decided to make their own tank now and supposedly it's a beast! Keep an eye out :thumb:

tln37

Apr 16, 2015
Centreville, VA
My guy at my local vape who was selling both says FreeMax(the parent company) stopped outsourcing to Vapeston, so we may not see the Maganus for much longer. Vapeston was overcharging as well...The FreeMax Starre was originally $34.99 and the Maganus was $44.99. I picked one up when they first dropped then grabbed 2 more for $25. This tank is the best right now IMO and accepts multiple coils(Melo, Herakles, Atlantis 1 & 2, their nickel coils) and the Anyvape Sega rba deck works as well. I'm hearing good things about this top filling tank called The Crown as well but they're not stateside yet. The coils are supposed to be stainless steel, last longer and can vape upto 120w. The company is called Uwell and they actually produce 70% of the coils we're vaping on from all the top brands. They just decided to make their own tank now and supposedly it's a beast! Keep an eye out :thumb:

Wow, sounds great! Crown...huh. Thanks for the heads up!

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
Not a problem. There's a few reviews out on YouTube...Mostly from the UK. There was one reviewer "The Don" in the states that got a hold of one. He has one video reviewing it and another at his local vape shop with a member of Uwell. They say they're sending them to vape shops now, so it should be sometime this month.

Reactions: bikershrink
I got the Crown yesterday (ordered online from a link on The Don's review).. It's every bit as awesome as they say. Everything about this tank is SIMPLE!! I think there's 8 parts total (I broke it down to wash it, even though it arrived clean), Filling is a dream and machining is some of the best, if not THE best I've seen... Highly recommended!!

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
I got the Crown yesterday (ordered online from a link on The Don's review).. It's every bit as awesome as they say. Everything about this tank is SIMPLE!! I think there's 8 parts total (I broke it down to wash it, even though it arrived clean), Filling is a dream and machining is some of the best, if not THE best I've seen... Highly recommended!!

Nice! How are you liking the stainless steel coil over kanthal? Notice any differences?

The Stainless works nice! Heats up fast and seemed like it took a lot less time to "break in". I'm currently looking to find Stainless wire for my own builds. If I can find an inexpensive source I'll probably switch from kanthal.
Another "possible" benefit is that according to the reviews I've seen, supposedly the SS coils last a lot longer than the other sub-ohm coils currently out there (It'll take me awhile to prove or disprove that, of course.. lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread