Starter Kits: evic or subox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

painbowslash

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2015
Singapore
Howdy everybody! I just got my subox mini and it's been working great so far, with only the occasional hot juice spitting because my coiling and wicking is pretty bad.

My smoke buddies have often borrowed my vape to have a go, and decided to buy a vape too. They decided to skip buying beginner stuff like clearos and ego c-twists and want to buy a starter kit.

My vape shop carries both Joytech Evic VT and Subox Minis at the same price, so my friend can't really decide which starter kit to buy

The Evic has temp control, more power and more battery life, but neither of us have used the Joytech Evic so I can't make a comparison.

Online reviews and comparison between the subox and evic are mostly by users who have recently bought their evic, so no problems have arisen from them yet.

May I please request some honest reviews on the problems of the Evic VT? Ideally if you have used the evic as well as the subox

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2015/06/23/the-joyetech-evic-vt-review-last-contest-winner/

Honestly, I say neither. The power surge from the Evic is pretty extreme and the Subox kit has a mod with a fixed 510 pin.

The newer Evics have corrected the problem with the power surge in wattage mode. They used to do 1.5 seconds at 30 watts before settling down to whatever you have it set for (normally 15 for me). I picked one up recently at my local shop and it doesn't have that problem anymore. Newer firmware, I think. There is a series of clicks you can do to see what your firmware is. I think if you turn it off, then click the power button 20 times it will show you the firmware revision. The newer models don't do that now and they don't suffer from the problem of overpowering the coils when coming out of sleep mode.

On the other hand, the Subox mini looks sharp, but that non-adjustable 510 pin is a firm no-go for me. I mean, really. Every regulated mod should have a spring loaded 510 pin nowadays. I hear they plan to correct that, but I haven't heard from anyone who has seen it in the field.

Reactions: ElevenEleven

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I don't have either, but I do have the older kbox. I would always pick the replaceable battery mod (subox), but that's just my preference. I do know people who have both and like them both. The evic usually comes paired with an ego one tank, and the subox with a subtank. Of these 2, I prefer the ego one tank so...

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Does the evic come with an RBA? That's been the biggest plus in my mind for the mini. Within the two week period it took from me deciding to go back to vaping and receiving my orders, I quickly climbed the mental ladder from "let's do it hassle-free easy as possible like I used to with cartos" to "okay I guess I do want to actually dive deep and do some rebuilding" so I'm really glad I bought a tank that comes with the RBA to let me do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread