• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Starter Stickie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The reason I was going through the archieves was I know someone here is coming up on her one year anniversary....I believe it's on/about the 11th?

Due to lack of time, I wasn't able to find it. Yesterday, I crossed the 10 month mark. I don't know how to do it, or if Mistress Vicks is the only one who can do it, but what would ya'll think of a "Starters Stickie" with the dates of our starting a PV and the end of analogs (if it applies)...

Just an idea..... yahs, nahs?
==================================================================
If you have more than one (vaping date & First analog free day), be sure to alert us to both, as they are equally important milestones!

March 10, 2009 - Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

May 3, 2009 - MlrGrl

YKnotAgain:
Started vaping 04/30/2009
Quit Smoking 5/18/2009

DFib:
Started vaping 1/14/10
Quit smoking 1/16/10

Kate51: Smoke free since March 9, 2009

WiSteelerFan: Dropped analogs on March 13th, 2010

January - 14, 2010 - Dfib starts vaping
16, 2010 - Dfib stops analogs

March - 9, 2009 - Kate51
10, 2009 - Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah
13, 2010 - WISteelerfan

April - 30, 2009 - YKnot Again - starts vaping

May - 3, 2009 - MlrGrl
18, 2009 - YKnot Again - quits analogs

June - 10, 2010 - Steve414

October - 8, 2010 - ElectroWoman

November - 24, 2010 - SmokingRT starts vaping

December - 1, 2010 - Jmitchelliv

Last edited by a moderator:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I can still edit it, as I'm the mod for the Cheddar Curtain. What do you want it to say, and I'll fix it :D

I think ECF is set up for OP's to be able to edit their old posts only for a certain amt of time - then it locks them.

I was just going to update the list in the OP with the new anniversary dates that posted....

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I used up all the carts in three hours (I had five of them!), flooded the atty and blew it out ~ from the mouthpiece side ~ cooked the auto battery which then cooked the atty. I told NPro I think it was faulty. OMG (they replaced them.)
I didn't find ECF until about three weeks later. I'm amazed I lived! My goodness that banner looks nice. Where did the time go...where did the $2000+ go, it should be in my pocket!! It's NOT! 8-o

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Hey Mrs Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah, This is your day now! Wow, it's unbelievable how fast a year can go by....what on earth would I have done with 22,000 cigarette butts! It's just an idea, but I could have just kept them, took a picture to send to the FDA, all enlarged and neatly framed for their fine panelled walls.
You now are of course required to do a rambling and fully illustrated sequence of your one-year-journey to infamy, so go to it!
You know I love you, what a nice friend!
(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink)(clink) :thumbs:
doc088088.jpg
A little "Cabin Fever" chiller for you!

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Ok kiddies, it's time to gather around the fireplace....auntie Vicks is going to tell a story...

It was mid Feb when I was surfing the web at work (hey, it happens, right?) and I've no idea what I was actually looking at, but there was a Google ad off to the left that said something about Electronic Cigarettes. I kinda snorted to myself, and said something to the effect of "no way...." but I clicked on the link (and I NEVER click on ads)

Got put in the Smoke 51 site....looked through it, kinda shrugged my shoulders, and closed the link. But the thought stayed with me.

Through the next couple of weeks, I started running searches for e-cigs. Found a LOT of contrary information. I found the American ECig forum (I don't think it's running anymore) and Vapetron before I found ECF. I combed through a TON of information before I decided on ordering my 901 from Puresmoker.

Got it a week later, and was totally stoked. I ordered some juice from TW at the same time - lucky me they both came in the same night. I could barely wait for the batteries to charge up. Finally, the light turned green, and I shoved a cart in the atty, screwed it all together, and took that first draw.

Nothing. Nada. Not a whisp of vape. It was like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. I pulled it apart, looked at everything, had NO clue. A dead atty? A dead battery? I couldn't believe that PS would sell me bad gear, they had such glowing recommendations. I looked everything over. Hmmmmm.

"Maybe let's try taking the little rubber thingie off the end of the cart....... Well, that makes it go in easier, doesn't it." (yup, left the condom on the end of the cart....what a BONEHEAD I was :D)

Screwed the atty back on the battery, sucked, and YEA! It works! Then coughed like I'd never smoked before..........HOLY CRAP, that's strong!

I learned early on to take little baby sips of vape until my mouth and throat were 'ready' for an inhale. I learned that first commute in to work what it tastes and feels like to have a mouth full of liquid from a flooded atty (TW Cherry in the mouth........blech!!!!!)
Found out the hard way what happens when you get a sticky switch on an auto battery (HOT, HOT, HOT Atty!!!), and what happens when you burn out your ONLY atty (took a lot of begging on the classifieds to get a replacement 2 days later). Found out what happens when a new release PV comes out and the buying frenzy starts (I ordered a Dura C on opening week).

Gawd, I've learned so much, made so many excellent friends I've NEVER met face to face (and plenty that I have met), and found that quitting smoking with the right gear and A FANTASTIC support group makes all the difference in the world.

I couldn't have gone a year without tobacco (especially the year I've had!!!!!!!!!!!!!) without you guys. We all support each other, offer strength when someone's flagging, advise when someone's struggling, and humor when someone's down. I didn't quit smoking on my own, guys, and this milestone is for ALL OF US!

{{{{{{{{{GROUP HUG!!!!!!!}}}}}}}}}

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Ok kiddies, it's time to gather around the fireplace....auntie Vicks is going to tell a story...

"Maybe let's try taking the little rubber thingie off the end of the cart....... Well, that makes it go in easier, doesn't it." (yup, left the condom on the end of the cart....what a BONEHEAD I was :D)

{{{{{{{{{GROUP HUG!!!!!!!}}}}}}}}}

LOVED hearing about your begining!!

If I remember correctly, you were the one I PMd the day I got my first 901 to ask about the condom on the end. I didn't realize that your response was the voice of experience!! LOL

{{{{{{ Vicks }}}}} I do believe some of us wouldn't be here without you, too. Heaven knows the suppliers should be sending you an anniversary present....I can think of 2 mods I purchased due directly to you LOL

Hmmm....wonder what the traditional gift is for first year of vaping? It's paper for weddings......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread