Starting building... and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
OMG.. The husband just stole my coil, unwrapped it, and rewrapped it to machine shop perfection.... In between lecturing me about why the coil had to be "perfect" to cover the airholes....:lol::lol::lol:, this was his first coil.... I don't know whether to love him or hate him right now.

Single ladies, marry an engineer, LOL.

Oh, now he wants *me* to "replicate his work". Right. Okay.....

I wish I had this on video right now....

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
He wrapped a 1.14 coil and I wicked it.... It's ah, fixed :) :) I actually love the vape and wish I could claim even partial credit for this one, but you guys gave me all the information and then the Husband took over....

It's a great vape! I have pics, but of the NEW coil, LOL....

Not even that many insults were exchanged during the process, but he wouldn't even TRY vaping it. He tried to lose one of my tools, but I refused to allow it.... It would've probably ended up in one of the sheds inside the cement mixer.

Coilbuilding 101-- I guess I learned a lot. I'm going to try to do my own, simpler, RTA when it arrives.... When the husband is gone, maybe even out of town....

No leakage of any sort.... so far.

Anna

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Thanks for sharing, you made me remember how fun and excited I was when I made my first coil last October.

I used a Kayfun Mini v3 and I think it's an easier tank to build.

I'm still using Kanthal so I can't chime any suggestions regarding SS coils and usually make my coils around 1.5 ohm but for the mechs where I use around 1 ohm

I still use my Kabukis but It's way more fun to build, I love the vape I get in my Kayfun 5 when coiled and wicked right.

Congratulations Anna .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The ECF Collaborative Coil:::

y6Ti8jH.jpg

Nicely done, guys :) Tank still working :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread