starting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
as some of you may know i've ran into massive issues trying to get vaping supplies to baghdad. for one, iraq has banned vaping altogether thanks to an idiot minister of health decision on the fact that these things cause x and x health problems. ordered my stuff mostly via ebay and vapordna to the US and had my brother bring them in. long story. two weeks of wait :(

anyways. i have a few questions to ask.

1st question:
I have the Nitecore IntelliCharger i2 Battery Charger and have ordered 4 batteries. 2 sets.
With this charger and batteries, i have my main mod which after much research i decided to settle on the iPV3 Li unit.
Now. i have two batteries in the charger and its like 3 hours or so with the LG HG2 batteries in there. theres one 3 lights, one is solid, the second is blinking.
i assume these were drained? i bought them from vapordna and they came in a box packaged.
do they usually take this long? i figured i'd charge them before popping them into the Mod.

2nd question:
Which is better for a newbie?
Now, I have purchased the original Wismec Indestructible RDA with LOTS of cotton and 28ga wire so iam covered there. i also bought 70/30 ejuice. (i bought 6 30ml bottles so i gotta learn to make my own before i run out)
and I bought a clone of the Velocity RDA. It was a tough deal to pass on because it came with a 100ft kenthal wire. link here.
Now. which is best for me to start with? the Velocity OR the Wismec Indestructible? or should i say which is easier?

that'll do for now. these questions should get me rolling once i have the answers. in the meantime i'll watch some videos and learn more things.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
The velocity is one of the easiest decks I have tried to build on, it's actually the one I learned with and my main RDA I use daily. It does take a bit to get the hang of building, coil wrapping becomes the easiest part of the build. It may take some experimenting to get your positioning of the coils just right and wicking properly will most likely be the biggest learning curve. It is VERY worth learning and once you get it down, none of it is hard or very time consuming. (unless you like to experiment with builds, then it eats a lot of time)

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
if you struggle with building coils there are plenty of coil jigs on the market to make life easier i found the hardest thing was learning the right amount of cotton to use

coil building is pretty easy they do not need to look perfect like some of the pics you can find in the interwebs and they will still vape well the more practice the better you will get

watch loads of youtube videos on basic coils and builds etc

as mentioned above the part you may struggle with and comes with experience is the amount of wicking needed in your coil builds

different style coils require different styles of wicking and how snug ie tight the wick is inside the coil

can be a little frustrating when first starting out you will soon master it just keep practicing and you will be fine

enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread