State by state guide to current vaping legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: pennysmalls

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It's isn't States that are introducing these bills, it's individual State legislators. In most States any member can create any bill about anything they like. There is probably some typical multiple of bills introduced to bills enacted into law. I bet it is a very small percentage that get enacted. If there is broad support for a bill then it's time to be concerned. But it never hurts to write your representative if there is a bill that concerns you.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I did notice that two bills in Indiana were introduced, that I was unaware of, and these bills remove some of the more drastic regulations that had been passed in previous legislation. One was the impossible security requirement and the other was the labels requiring all the different codings. So some good things are listed on that site, although I didn't yet read the newer bills that made these so called good changes.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I did notice that two bills in Indiana were introduced, that I was unaware of, and these bills remove some of the more drastic regulations that had been passed in previous legislation. One was the impossible security requirement and the other was the labels requiring all the different codings. So some good things are listed on that site, although I didn't yet read the newer bills that made these so called good changes.
And I paid attention to Michigan where I live and there's nothing going on there. Is it possible my legislators get it? Perish the thought.

Off the topic, I'm absorbed with figuring out how to persuade skeptical smokers to try vaping in a way that's most likely to create a new regular vaper (I don't worry about dual use, that will take care of itself). I'm noticing at work one of our vapers who stopped vaping has started back again and another who stopped wants to try my eliquid, meaning it's on her mind. It seems like once a smoker has some experiences with vaping that sticks with them and even if they stray may be they usually come back? I told the girl that, for every smoker I switch to vaping, I get a $5 bounty from the Chinese ecigarette cartel so I keep asking her when I'm going to get my 5 bucks. (I'm a recovering jokeaholic, constantly falling off the wagon.)

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
Basically my state Tennessee is terming vapor as smoke for the clean air act. But here smoking is still allowed in bars and other places. So basically no vaping where there is no smoking. And also they have laws for schools considering them tobacco products but smoking shouldn't be allowed in the school system anyway. Other than that, no worries here. Thankfully.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Hopefully FL bill HB1143 gets reworded.
    If not it will be illegal to just carry or possess a e-cig in a no smoking area............

"or inhaling, exhaling, carrying, or possessing a nicotine dispensing device as defined in s.877.112.Section 2.
    This act shall take effect July 1, 2016"

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If not it will be illegal to just carry or possess a e-cig in a no smoking area............

"or inhaling, exhaling, carrying, or possessing a nicotine dispensing device as defined in s.877.112.Section 2.

Does that apply to Adults?

Yiana

Ultra Member
    Nov 20, 2015
    Planet Earth

That's a load of bs. I am pulling for you guys down there. That is beyond obnoxious. My inlaws are in Fort Myers until April. They just bought a winter condo there. I'll make sure to let her know. She vapes. She got me into vaping. Maybe they can write the congressmen down there and have their friends do the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread