Stealth vape at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
"Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission." ;)

Indeed.
I'm not sure if my boss would say yes or not, I suspect he'd take the easy answer and say 'no' and I wouldn't press him on it.

So currently I vape at my desk, bought my spare PT in to work and plugged it in last week, I'm not quite chain vaping, but pretty close to it.

Everyone else in the office knows I vape, and I vape off a bat wherever I am if the main boss isn't in sight.

Noone cares, so far as I know, noone has complained, at least, so I'm hoping when the big boss figures it out he'll be cool, and I suspect he will, seeing as it doesn't bother anyone.

Of course, I still go outside on smoke breaks to stretch my muscles (desk job) and vape outside and catch up with the sales guys (I program the site, so talking to the sales on smoke breaks really helps me do my job better)

But yeah, if anyone isn't vaping inside at work, and hasn't asked, go ahead and ask, worse that can happen is they say 'no' and nothing changes. On the other hand, if they say yes, you'll end up educating a lot more people that vaping is harmless to others, and an educated public means better results when it comes to government passing laws, right?

Jon Solo

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
Orbit
Best case scenario: Convert your boss from analogs to digi's. Worked great for me :p

Meetings are much more enjoyable these days. Especially when the projector is fired up. Giant plumes of vapor rolling past the light beam can be hilarious! One of our coworkers (an ex smoker) that is frequently in attendance says it reminds him of meetings from the 70's, heheh!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Everyone at work who I have explained this thing to, smokers and non-smokers alike, assumes that I can use it indoors. Today I was in an all-day meeting, big room-full of folks. I'd vape every so often, and just hold it in so I wouldn't be billowing vapor. Nobody batted an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread