Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you don't mind unregulated then yes, Might as well they are Rock Solid; nothing to break and you can customize it. I have a LP edition. And still use it now and again. But if you can help it just skip the Bull and buy a Sun Box. Done the Best Regulated out in Squonk world. But $400 And I have one of them Sun Box E8 Nano and Love It!

My Daily Rotation:
SX Mini ML Class/ Tilemahos X1; Radius P3/Kabuki; E8 Nano/ Origen Tiny
Or
vape Forward Stout/Tilemahos V2 +; Radius/P3 Kabuki; E8 Nano/Origen Tiny
Thank you. Yes - I like the bulletproof nature of the sound of a Reo, but would be bothered by lack of adjustability, and hit power dropping as the battery drops.... And safety of course.

So if I can go right to the best, then why not.

I see a few different options for it too though.. Haha - never easy for a newb to a particular ecosystem... :) I'll probably choose an 18650 one with a dna 40.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Thank you. Yes - I like the bulletproof nature of the sound of a Reo, but would be bothered by lack of adjustability, and hit power dropping as the battery drops.... And safety of course.

So if I can go right to the best, then why not.

I see a few different options for it too though.. Haha - never easy for a newb to a particular ecosystem... :) I'll probably choose an 18650 one with a dna 40.

Yes it can be difficult. Especially in Squonkers; they cost the most but you get what you pay for as my experience says.;)
Sun Box is the best I've found on the Market at this time of course. And once again I've owned most of them looking for the Best and Sun Box has been it for me.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yes it can be difficult. Especially in Squonkers; they cost the most but you get what you pay for as my experience says.;)
Sun Box is the best I've found on the Market at this time of course. And once again I've owned most of them looking for the Best and Sun Box has been it for me.
Awesome. Frankly research on Google is what led me to the Steamcrave... Haha. Didn't seem like a lot of options.

I don't like putting around with stuff. Trying to get the gear settled and be hunkered down gear wise for awhile if needed. Dang gov't...

Anyway - I shall have a Sun Box soon! No doubt about it.

Been vaping for 3.5 years in various devices and rebuildables of course, so I'm not new to the game, but new to this "league" :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Maybe the Chalice? Chalice V3

Or this? SQuonky

Or this? XOne Atty

This is the one I know I want since it's confirmed for MTL. I can/will just keep waiting for it. And for the price, I'll probably get two! low profile reomizer works with lp mods only

I sent you a pm just now with some info...

FYI... You can't go wrong with a Reo... Bulletproof, tried, and tested... Once I got mine everything I had was sold off as it was all rendered useless... You can buy 2 Reo's and atty's for the same cost as a Sunbox!!!

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I sent you a pm just now with some info...

FYI... You can't go wrong with a Reo... Bulletproof, tried, and tested... Once I got mine everything I had was sold off as it was all rendered useless... You can buy 2 Reo's and atty's for the same cost as a Sunbox!!!
Haha so true about the Reos... I'm not opposed to getting the right build either. Would be kinda fun getting the right build and all that...

Argh.. Decisions decisions... I'll probably end up with a Reo and a Sun Box... Lol

Reactions: muzichead

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Welp - i now have the following on the way:

-Steamcrave mod
-Reo Grand LP/SL Black Wrinkle/Hammer Tone
-2 Origen Little 16'a
-A Clown Chalice 3

Waiting to order:

-RM2
-Sunbox Classic E7

Is that the Sunbox to aim for? Can't seem to find them anywhere at the moment.... I just know I want an 18650 one. Dicodes/DNA75/DNA40 I couldn't care less and will listen to any advice. :)

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Actually - I think this one is calling my name if/when it's ever in stock: Sunbox E8 Kompakt

This is of course nice too! Sunbox E7.5

So confused that there seems to be different things showing up on VapinArt compared to direct:

Like the E7 and E8 seem completely different here: Welcome to SunBox Store

I think I decided I'm gonna get an RM4 while I'm at it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dsheik

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Welp - i now have the following on the way:

-Steamcrave mod
-Reo Grand LP/SL Black Wrinkle/Hammer Tone
-2 Origen Little 16'a
-A Clown Chalice 3

Waiting to order:

-RM2
-Sunbox Classic E7

Is that the Sunbox to aim for? Can't seem to find them anywhere at the moment.... I just know I want an 18650 one. Dicodes/DNA75/DNA40 I couldn't care less and will listen to any advice. :)

Can't go wrong with a Reo once you have your build sorted out, bullet proof mod. Just watch out for shorts on the chalice 3 clone, make sure you check your build carefully with the top cap on. I suspect they have collapsed more springs than any other atty! RM2 is a nice little atty and much easier to build on.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Actually - I think this one is calling my name if/when it's ever in stock: Sunbox E8 Kompakt

So confused that there seems to be different things showing up on VapinArt compared to direct:

The E7 is pretty outdated at this point, but still a solid mod regardless. The E8 is the model that they came out with after the E7, it's more compact and has a big screen DNA40. The other models you are seeing on Vapinart (E7.5, E8 kompakt, E9) are their latest offerings and are yet to be released. I own an E8 and can't say enough good things about it, build quality, feel in hand, and plain functionality are just outstanding. I'm looking forward to the new models but imagine they will be pretty tough to get at first.

Reactions: stanleybb50

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Can't go wrong with a Reo once you have your build sorted out, bullet proof mod. Just watch out for shorts on the chalice 3 clone, make sure you check your build carefully with the top cap on. I suspect they have collapsed more springs than any other atty! RM2 is a nice little atty and much easier to build on.
Awesome - I appreciate the advice very much!
The E7 is pretty outdated at this point, but still a solid mod regardless. The E8 is the model that they came out with after the E7, it's more compact and has a big screen DNA40. The other models you are seeing on Vapinart (E7.5, E8 kompakt, E9) are their latest offerings and are yet to be released. I own an E8 and can't say enough good things about it, build quality, feel in hand, and plain functionality are just outstanding. I'm looking forward to the new models but imagine they will be pretty tough to get at first.
Excellent - thank you so much for providing clarity!! Almost certain it's the standard E8 I'll go with then. :)

Seriously - this helps immensely.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS

Love to get my hands on the E8 Kompakt.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
muzichead beat me to it.... there is already a thread on the COV Wraith.

For what it's worth I would wait a while and try the Reo with the little 16 first, see how you get on. It's a very well regarded setup, and as long as you keep the build reasonable you will get decent battery life and the drop off in voltage is not a big deal.....

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thanks!
Love to get my hands on the E8 Kompakt.
Now that I know what I'm looking at, me too! Lol
muzichead beat me to it.... there is already a thread on the COV Wraith.

For what it's worth I would wait a while and try the Reo with the little 16 first, see how you get on. It's a very well regarded setup, and as long as you keep the build reasonable you will get decent battery life and the drop off in voltage is not a big deal.....
Good point. And yes - I'm all MTL and plan single coil likely somewhere around the 1.4 or maybe 1.4 ohm range. We'll see. I'm sure I'll need to experiment with it.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Oh my life for an in stock RM2.... lol

Anyone have any inside info?

Email Rob and ask him when / if they are going to be back in stock. The RM2 is a modified dripper. Last time I bought the base atty it was on clearance and that was a couple of years ago.....

To be honest though you already have the Origen Little 16 on its way and that would give you far more options in terms of different builds and also has an AFC. A lot of people that had the RM2 see the Origen Little 16 as an upgrade!

Don't get me wrong the RM2 is a great little atty but it does not give you as many options and the Origen is better made.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Oh my life for an in stock RM2.... lol

Anyone have any inside info?

I sent a message to Todd on FB and am awaiting an answer. The suggestion above about contacting Rob is also a good idea. You could send him an email or even call the # on the site. He will answer the phone as well...

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Email Rob and ask him when / if they are going to be back in stock. The RM2 is a modified dripper. Last time I bought the base atty it was on clearance and that was a couple of years ago.....

To be honest though you already have the Origen Little 16 on its way and that would give you far more options in terms of different builds and also has an AFC. A lot of people that had the RM2 see the Origen Little 16 as an upgrade!

Don't get me wrong the RM2 is a great little atty but it does not give you as many options and the Origen is better made.

I sent a message to Todd on FB and am awaiting an answer. The suggestion above about contacting Rob is also a good idea. You could send him an email or even call the # on the site. He will answer the phone as well...
Thank you much! I just called and it was Rob who picked up, and he said probably a week and a half to 2 weeks. :)

[emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread