Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm (ETA: End of December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hi, Im considering getting one of these, but a couple of questions.

How airy is the draw? i like to have the option to get a very airy draw if i want, kinda hard to compare whats a airy draw i guess, but i consider my Vcmt to have a very airy draw.

How prone is it to leaking? i know that comes down to wicking, but im not a wicking expert and dont really wanna tinker around with a bunch of diffrent builds/wicks to avoid leaks. Since i usually vape below 50 watts, i assume i can just pack the wicks tight and leaking shouldnt be a problem?

I see some mentions the postless deck, but i thought i read somewhere u can buy additional decks for this, velocity and such, or is that for the supreme?

Thanks in advance for any input
Since answers were provided for all but I wouldn't pack the wicks tight. Tight through the coils, fluff, cut & tuck. Just make sure the juice holes on the deck are covered.

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My wicks (Rayon) on both Plus's just tuck into the juice well with no ends sticking out through the hole. I run 4mm ID coils so there is a lot of trimming and thinning. The tails that go into the juice channel get cut between the deck o-ring and top edge. Lifted and placed in the channel with any excess overflow trimmed.

Hectus

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
europe
Thanks for ur answers.

Sounds like it has to be wicked simular to the vcmt that i have, which is not too hard of a job.

Thanks for the link to the Gb flash sale, tempted to just grab one now, but i really should wait til i get paid.. choices choices :p but as usual the aromamizer is prolly bought before today ends.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
I need to know whether I can do a single coil build on the post-less deck. I have mine running in a dual coil clapton setup (I think Im going to put my stainless steel tri core aliens on it)... I cant stand how much juice this thing burns through (20 ml a day if not slightly more), nor do I like having to carry around a 4 battery device like the RX300 just to make sure I have enough battery to make it through the day. By the way, thats vaping at 60-70 watts with combined .3 ohm resistance...

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I need to know whether I can do a single coil build on the post-less deck.

It's doable, I have a single Clapton on the pestles deck in mine now :)
I really don't think it's saving much juice thou! This is a mega tank designed for big Air, Clouds & unfortunately Juice Consumption.
To put it in perspective, it's the vaping style that consumes the juice.
The 23 & 25 mm versions will all so use a ton of juice, with high wattage big air flow builds.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I need to know whether I can do a single coil build on the post-less deck. I have mine running in a dual coil clapton setup (I think Im going to put my stainless steel tri core aliens on it)... I cant stand how much juice this thing burns through (20 ml a day if not slightly more), nor do I like having to carry around a 4 battery device like the RX300 just to make sure I have enough battery to make it through the day. By the way, thats vaping at 60-70 watts with combined .3 ohm resistance...
I've only used a single coil can't remember the specs but it was 4mm I.d.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Ok, Ill have to try a simple single coil on it and play with the wicking. Im also having the same problem another fellow earlier in this thread was mentioning, leaking only on fills. Ive tried every combination, JFC off, AFC off, fill, JFC on only a tiny bit, AFC on only a tiny bit (I like a tight draw, analogous to a cigarette) and I lose about half a mil out the air flow holes. Ive tried every combination of JFC and AFC on and off, tried wicking differently (I rewick every day because flavour is the most important to me and it begins to degrade after a day, for sure after 2 days).

Because of this leaking, I am running it in 20 ml mode just so that when I fill it in the morning, thats the only mess I have to worry about cleaning up.

Like I said, really love the tank, especially the price point for the flavour you get but the leaking on fills and battery life consumption along with the amount of juice I go through is killing me.

It is about time juice companies start taking a hard look at their juice prices because these tanks, if they are burning 20 ml a day and you figure $20 for 60 ml of juice (which seems to be about the going rate), thats more expensive than regular cigarettes. A pack a day smoker, buying a carton for say $50, will last 10 days. A 20 ml a day vapor(er?) going through 20 ml a day will vape 200 ml in the same 10 day time frame (and it is not hard to vape 20 ml a day on this particular tank). 200 ml will cost more than $60.

I havent even begun to talk about batteries which are a huge problem right now in the vaping world. To run a dual coil setup, you need a 3 battery setup minimum, probably 4 just to be on the safe side (I think Id have 3 dead right at the end of the day, 4 gives me just a little more room just in case I vape more than usual).

I really am a single coil setup kind of guy, dual coils dont get you anything. I could put together an amazing single coil setup and compare it to a dual coil setup and I guarantee, you wouldnt tell the difference, or it you did, it would be VERY minor, almost unnoticeable. In fact, dual coils burn more juice and kill batteries for (hardly) any benefit...

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ok, Ill have to try a simple single coil on it and play with the wicking. Im also having the same problem another fellow earlier in this thread was mentioning, leaking only on fills. Ive tried every combination, JFC off, AFC off, fill, JFC on only a tiny bit, AFC on only a tiny bit (I like a tight draw, analogous to a cigarette) and I lose about half a mil out the air flow holes. Ive tried every combination of JFC and AFC on and off, tried wicking differently (I rewick every day because flavour is the most important to me and it begins to degrade after a day, for sure after 2 days).

Because of this leaking, I am running it in 20 ml mode just so that when I fill it in the morning, thats the only mess I have to worry about cleaning up.

Like I said, really love the tank, especially the price point for the flavour you get but the leaking on fills and battery life consumption along with the amount of juice I go through is killing me.

It is about time juice companies start taking a hard look at their juice prices because these tanks, if they are burning 20 ml a day and you figure $20 for 60 ml of juice (which seems to be about the going rate), thats more expensive than regular cigarettes. A pack a day smoker, buying a carton for say $50, will last 10 days. A 20 ml a day vapor(er?) going through 20 ml a day will vape 200 ml in the same 10 day time frame (and it is not hard to vape 20 ml a day on this particular tank). 200 ml will cost more than $60.

I havent even begun to talk about batteries which are a huge problem right now in the vaping world. To run a dual coil setup, you need a 3 battery setup minimum, probably 4 just to be on the safe side (I think Id have 3 dead right at the end of the day, 4 gives me just a little more room just in case I vape more than usual).

I really am a single coil setup kind of guy, dual coils dont get you anything. I could put together an amazing single coil setup and compare it to a dual coil setup and I guarantee, you wouldnt tell the difference, or it you did, it would be VERY minor, almost unnoticeable. In fact, dual coils burn more juice and kill batteries for (hardly) any benefit...
It was a Clapton just can't remember what kind. No leaks at all. Just make sure with. 4mm I.d. Or bigger coil, fluff your ends cut and gently tuck.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

You should try diy. You save tons of $.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Well, I am a full time student plus 60 hour work weeks so diy is kind of a no go. As it is, rewicking every day is sometimes something I dont have time for and end up just buying regular cigarettes.

As an update, just put alien stainless steel coils in. Flavour is great. I tried a massive pack of cotton, just stuffed the holes with a tiny bit of cotton sticking out the bottom when looking at the side. Still leaks on initial fills, although this time, it only leaked on one side. Im going to take it apart tonight and see, maybe my definition of loosely packed is different than everyone elses. There is a crap ton of cotton in there. It seems to be wicking fine, just leaks on that initial fill.

As to coils, clapton versus alien coils. Whatever. No offense to whoever came up with alien coils, but, there is no distinguishable difference in flavour or taste to me between clapton and aliens.

Where there is a huge difference is, this is my first time using stainless steel. Since I cant seem to get my RX300 to stay in temp control mode (which is fine, I hate the way temp control works anyway), Im using it in wattage mode at the same 60 watt setting I was using for my kanthal setup. Mwuah! Stainless Steel wins. No burn in time. They just give me straight up flavour straight away. However, stainless steel does have a drawback. They will amplify any bad flavours, wicking material, oils on the coils, bad juice, etc. I am sold on stainless steel.

So, I will just order some straight up clapton coils. I think there is a big difference between standard wrapped coils and clapton. Just not seeing a difference in aliens versus claptons... These are what I ordered...

2 Pack Quad-Core Alien Coils 316L SS (28x4/36g)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Well, I am a full time student plus 60 hour work weeks so diy is kind of a no go. As it is, rewicking every day is sometimes something I dont have time for and end up just buying regular cigarettes.

As an update, just put alien stainless steel coils in. Flavour is great. I tried a massive pack of cotton, just stuffed the holes with a tiny bit of cotton sticking out the bottom when looking at the side. Still leaks on initial fills, although this time, it only leaked on one side. Im going to take it apart tonight and see, maybe my definition of loosely packed is different than everyone elses. There is a crap ton of cotton in there. It seems to be wicking fine, just leaks on that initial fill.

As to coils, clapton versus alien coils. Whatever. No offense to whoever came up with alien coils, but, there is no distinguishable difference in flavour or taste to me between clapton and aliens.

Where there is a huge difference is, this is my first time using stainless steel. Since I cant seem to get my RX300 to stay in temp control mode (which is fine, I hate the way temp control works anyway), Im using it in wattage mode at the same 60 watt setting I was using for my kanthal setup. Mwuah! Stainless Steel wins. No burn in time. They just give me straight up flavour straight away. However, stainless steel does have a drawback. They will amplify any bad flavours, wicking material, oils on the coils, bad juice, etc. I am sold on stainless steel.

So, I will just order some straight up clapton coils. I think there is a big difference between standard wrapped coils and clapton. Just not seeing a difference in aliens versus claptons... These are what I ordered...

2 Pack Quad-Core Alien Coils 316L SS (28x4/36g)
It does need a lot of wicking. But fluffy making sure the juice holes are fully covered. Fully covered but not packed.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Ill play with it tonight, on one side, there is a tiny bit on both sides of the hole that is exposed so maybe that is the cause. Nonetheless, loving the tank, loving the flavour, at this point, I really dont understand why people are using prebuilt coil tanks like the smok tf8/12. You can buy 10 prewrapped clapton coils for $10 or even a small 15 foot spool and wrap them yourself (around $16). Since coils last for at least 3 months, usually mine last for 6, thats a year and a half of coils. If you buy the spool and wrap them yourself (which is also easy to do and takes about a minute per coil), a 15 foot spool would last what? 4 years? Rewicking is a bummer, but, prebuilt coils cant be rewicked easily so those coils only last me a few days. At $3 or more per coil, thats pricey.

Buy an aromamizer plus, make your own coils or buy premade wrapped coils and cut the leads, stick in the hole, tighten the screws, thread cotton through, trim the ends, done. Once youve done it a couple times, it takes 10 minutes for a complete rebuild every 3-6 months. Rewicking is a mere couple of minutes every day if you are as picky as I am.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I really love the performance of the 50' Marauder. But the gas consumption and berthing fees are killing me... :blink: :lol:
mercedes-cigarette-amg-racing-boat-01.jpg

One doesn't get a 30mm RTA to save on juice and battery consumption... Have you looked at the EXO RTA?

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
I really love the performance of the 50' Marauder. But the gas consumption and berthing fees are killing me... :blink: :lol:
mercedes-cigarette-amg-racing-boat-01.jpg

One doesn't get a 30mm RTA to save on juice and battery consumption... Have you looked at the EXO RTA?

I strongly disagree. This is precisely why someone would be interested in a single coil option. This is precisely why someone might be interested in a 10 ml tank. If you are accustomed to using tanks that go through 10 ml of juice a day but have a 5 ml capacity, you figure, oh snap!! Ill buy a 10 ml tank and that will make it so I dont have to fill it all day. Wrong!

The aromamizer uses a 10 ml tank because it consumes twice as much juice.

Mind you, I am not experienced in the newer tanks (I was rocking a veritas, the aromamizer before the supreme - whatever that one was called and a tank from ceravape that is probably a year old now). I had no idea that newer tanks were cutting your mileage by half.

I know I know, it might sound bizarre, but if I could put a 50 gallon gas tank in my Ford Explorer, I would. Why? Because I hate the time it takes to put gas in it. Same premise here. The bigger tank I was hoping would equal all day vape, thus, no more having to carry spare liquid with me. I wasnt expecting that the bigger tank is because it uses twice the liquid.

Single coils should be self explanatory. There are two mods that I know of that have a 4 battery option, the RX300 and the Smok something or other. Id like to use my SX mini G class without carrying spare batteries.

Ill just put it this way, there is something wrong if I have to have either a mod that would drown me should I need to save someone from drowning, or a backpack full of extra things just so I can make it through my 16-18 hour days. Because yep, I go to the campus for 3-6 hours and then to work 8-12 hours. My days can last as long as 18 hours.

Wouldnt you love your cell phone to last all day? Wouldnt your vaporizer be nice if it lasted all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread