Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm (ETA: End of December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
This tank is starting to frustrate me. Well not the tank, I really love it, but building on it. I seem to have to styles of coils I build in it. Good looking coils that dont work, or ugly coils that work great. Cannot for the life of me get a set of good looking coils that work well.

I have had MULTIPLE builds that after working out the hot spots and getting the all nice an pretty once I put them in the dang thing I check it on the meter for a short and it reads good. Fire it and BANG! Sparks and ..... Tonight I had a spark shoot out of one of the air holes and go about 4 feet across my damn kitchen! some how I keep managing to build so one of the coils touch the top of the chamber. building 4mm coils.

How high off the deck can your coils be? Im thinking that the next time I tear it down Im going to have to take my calipers and measure it so I freaking know...

Ok, sorry, rant off....
What kind of wire do you use? I'll take my deck out tomorrow & measure for you :)
My single coil is 4mm also.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Right now Im running dual coils, 2x24K fused with 36ni 7 wraps. Its a great tasty vape, but my coils look like crap, slightly spaced, and not evenly. but it works. Issue I am really fighting is how to get coils that are wider than the leg holes to fit. if I bend them so that the legs tuck under the coils and then down into the holes I get a coil that is a touch to tall and grounds out against the top of the chamber. if I leave the legs straight and try to jam them in, I can keep the coil low enough to fit, but the legs are squeezing the bottome edge of the coils and I get HOT spots... I dont know what is going on with me, I have been building for a few years and can normally sort it out. But I cant really find many pics online of how others have solved this issue. I can find pics that are already wicked, but then I cant see the legs...

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Right now Im running dual coils, 2x24K fused with 36ni 7 wraps. Its a great tasty vape, but my coils look like crap, slightly spaced, and not evenly. but it works. Issue I am really fighting is how to get coils that are wider than the leg holes to fit. if I bend them so that the legs tuck under the coils and then down into the holes I get a coil that is a touch to tall and grounds out against the top of the chamber. if I leave the legs straight and try to jam them in, I can keep the coil low enough to fit, but the legs are squeezing the bottome edge of the coils and I get HOT spots... I dont know what is going on with me, I have been building for a few years and can normally sort it out. But I cant really find many pics online of how others have solved this issue. I can find pics that are already wicked, but then I cant see the legs...
If you join the Steamcrave Fan club on Facebook their are tons of pics. The peeps there are very friendly & always willing to help.

Reactions: Mowgli

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
I got one of these yesterday. I finally got around to building on it today (single 3.5mm, 26 gauge, 1.0 ohms). Not bad.

One thing I want to point out to anyone else getting one is to NOT screw the cap on too tight when you fill it. My very first fill, I guess it was a bit too tight.
It took me 30 minutes finally work it off of the ring where the fill holes are.:-x

Another thing.... I didn't care for the drip tip that was installed, but again, it took me a day and a life to get it off to put the adapter in so I could use a drip tip I like better.

Other than that, it seem to be an alright tank. Of course, time will tell. I've had other tanks that were great and turned out to be duds down the road.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Sounds like most people dont use the 20ml option.

I used the supreme and it was ok. The deck of this version was rather small and the way I had to stuff the wick in tiny holes wasn't too much favorable to me

The Plus has a bigger deck, can handle 4mm ID coils which is good ( I like clouds ), the juice holes seems to be huge,.. So another pro compared to the supreme.

I'm getting the rx300 soon and looking for a decent cloud tank to put on. Would this Plus be recommended or are there other tanks coming very very close, or are performing even better than what this Plus has to offer ?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Sounds like most people dont use the 20ml option.

I used the supreme and it was ok. The deck of this version was rather small and the way I had to stuff the wick in tiny holes wasn't too much favorable to me

The Plus has a bigger deck, can handle 4mm ID coils which is good ( I like clouds ), the juice holes seems to be huge,.. So another pro compared to the supreme.

I'm getting the rx300 soon and looking for a decent cloud tank to put on. Would this Plus be recommended or are there other tanks coming very very close, or are performing even better than what this Plus has to offer ?
few things
1) love the plus. flavor is amazing. very happy with it. i can't see anything coming out being better then it for a while. Overall it's my favorite 30mm atty
2) the RX will overhang. Plus I'm not a huge fan of them anyway. If you want a mod that it'll look nice on, a few choices are the finder 250, sense blazer, triad 250, and ijoy Lux or a boxer DNA/yihi mod or Yihi G class but those are really pricey! 300bucks give or take. the blazer and lux are under 100 easily and the finder/triad 250 are found for around 120-150ish

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
I'm aware of the overhang and I just take peace with this tiny discomfort. The RX 300 is already on its way so I just have to accept it. 3mm overhang can be survived.

If the overal performance is better than the supreme, and can be somewhat compared to my current favorite atty ( Limitless Classic) in terms of vapor production I guess I just go ahead and get it.

Any cheaper place to buy it other than the official Steamcrave shop? :)

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I'm aware of the overhang and I just take peace with this tiny discomfort. The RX 300 is already on its way so I just have to accept it. 3mm overhang can be survived.

If the overal performance is better than the supreme, and can be somewhat compared to my current favorite atty ( Limitless Classic) in terms of vapor production I guess I just go ahead and get it.

Any cheaper place to buy it other than the official Steamcrave shop? :)
i got mine from subtank supply
i paid 40.50 and it included the 5ml and 20ml kit
I think they raised the price a bit but they have free shipping and you get it in 3 days
there is a 10% off coupon code as well TENOFF
right now you'd pay 45 for the whole thing ;)

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
I ordered one about a week ago from steamcrave because no store in Aus had them and it still hasn't even hit Aus yet. Meanwhile a vendor here got them in stock yesterday, ... :(

Steamcrave ships on/after 5th.

i got mine from subtank supply
i paid 40.50 and it included the 5ml and 20ml kit
I think they raised the price a bit but they have free shipping and you get it in 3 days
there is a 10% off coupon code as well TENOFF
right now you'd pay 45 for the whole thing ;)

Checking it out.. Hope they deliver for free to Europe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread