Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm (ETA: End of December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
This tank is starting to frustrate me. Well not the tank, I really love it, but building on it. I seem to have to styles of coils I build in it. Good looking coils that dont work, or ugly coils that work great. Cannot for the life of me get a set of good looking coils that work well.

I have had MULTIPLE builds that after working out the hot spots and getting the all nice an pretty once I put them in the dang thing I check it on the meter for a short and it reads good. Fire it and BANG! Sparks and ..... Tonight I had a spark shoot out of one of the air holes and go about 4 feet across my damn kitchen! some how I keep managing to build so one of the coils touch the top of the chamber. building 4mm coils.

How high off the deck can your coils be? Im thinking that the next time I tear it down Im going to have to take my calipers and measure it so I freaking know...

Ok, sorry, rant off....
Wow that would make me lose it and possibly fling it into a low orbital pattern

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
Sounds like most people dont use the 20ml option.

I used the supreme and it was ok. The deck of this version was rather small and the way I had to stuff the wick in tiny holes wasn't too much favorable to me

The Plus has a bigger deck, can handle 4mm ID coils which is good ( I like clouds ), the juice holes seems to be huge,.. So another pro compared to the supreme.

I'm getting the rx300 soon and looking for a decent cloud tank to put on. Would this Plus be recommended or are there other tanks coming very very close, or are performing even better than what this Plus has to offer ?
I love the Big Buddha I use at times on mine

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Recieved mine,.. Awesome atty

Made a dual coil FC / 7 wraps / 4mm ID / 0.54ohm

It sits on a RX300 and cannot go higher than 165w due to some reason. Is that because ohms are too high for it?

I'm wondering about the build whether I have the most efficient one in terms of flavor and cloud production. Perhaps less wraps? Perhaps Alien wire? Lower Coil ID, let's say 3mm?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Recieved mine,.. Awesome atty

Made a dual coil FC / 7 wraps / 4mm ID / 0.54ohm

It sits on a RX300 and cannot go higher than 165w due to some reason. Is that because ohms are too high for it?

I'm wondering about the build whether I have the most efficient one in terms of flavor and cloud production. Perhaps less wraps? Perhaps Alien wire? Lower Coil ID, let's say 3mm?
that would be correct. it's likely reaching it's volt limit. I can't find the limit as it doesn't seem published anywhere but it's well under the power and amp limit so building a bit lower would allow more watts if you needed them. If you built to a .4 you can go up to around 220 watts. around .15-.25 is where most mods have their best output. once you start going higher in ohms you hit volt limits and when you start going lower in ohms you hit the amp limit

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
that would be correct. it's likely reaching it's volt limit. I can't find the limit as it doesn't seem published anywhere but it's well under the power and amp limit so building a bit lower would allow more watts if you needed them. If you built to a .4 you can go up to around 220 watts. around .15-.25 is where most mods have their best output. once you start going higher in ohms you hit volt limits and when you start going lower in ohms you hit the amp limit

Awesome reply. Like it how a piece of text clears up things in life ;)

If this is the case, it's kinda hard to make use of the big deck in terms of big coils / high ID / large number of wraps. These builds do raise the ohms a lot. Not that I fancy on vaping 150w or more unnecessary though, I rather like to live long on my batteries before charging

Still looking for the ideal build on either FC or aliens as I'm not sure my current one is what I can get out of this freshly bought Aroma Plus

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Awesome reply. Like it how a piece of text clears up things in life ;)

If this is the case, it's kinda hard to make use of the big deck in terms of big coils / high ID / large number of wraps. These builds do raise the ohms a lot. Not that I fancy on vaping 150w or more unnecessary though, I rather like to live long on my batteries before charging

Still looking for the ideal build on either FC or aliens as I'm not sure my current one is what I can get out of this freshly bought Aroma Plus
Have u tried using SS wire? Advanced vape supply sells fancy spools of ss316l wire and it has a lower resistance then kenthal. Plus IMO taste better

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Have u tried using SS wire? Advanced vape supply sells fancy spools of ss316l wire and it has a lower resistance then kenthal. Plus IMO taste better

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have only SS 28g single wire
I was already curious about using SS fused claptons so I ordered it a few days back.. Getting it this week :)

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Does anyone note a marked difference in flavor when using the 10ml tank and chimney vs the 5ml tank/chimney?

I really do believe using the shorter tank does not provide as much flavor as the 10ml.
I only bought the 10. Can't say if it does, but in theory it should have a better flavor when the distance is less ( according most vapers that is)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I only bought the 10. Can't say if it does, but in theory it should have a better flavor when the distance is less ( according most vapers that is)
That's what I heard. I'm working my way backwards, started in RDA mode, now in 5ml haven't gotten around to the 10 or 20ml yet.

Reactions: jmercury1

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
I'm using 6 wrap 4.5mm id SS Fused Claptons which read at 0.17 ohms on my Triade. I've only used SS for ages now, much better flavor imo.

Now I'm curious as I hardly used SS before. Made a build on the crius plus ages ago but didn't really found it that special. Perhaps with more exotic wires such as fused claptons it will.

SS can handle TC and wattage-mode
Is there any noticeable difference between kanthal and SS on wattage mode as well?

4.5mm ID sounds crazy .. I guess it fits though, but how to handle the wicking ends? I bet it would require to comb out a lot of cotton at the ends to fit them in the juice flow well

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Now I'm curious as I hardly used SS before. Made a build on the crius plus ages ago but didn't really found it that special. Perhaps with more exotic wires such as fused claptons it will.

SS can handle TC and wattage-mode
Is there any noticeable difference between kanthal and SS on wattage mode as well?

4.5mm ID sounds crazy .. I guess it fits though, but how to handle the wicking ends? I bet it would require to comb out a lot of cotton at the ends to fit them in the juice flow well
IMO SS taste better (as in no metal taste) ramps up quicker under less watts and doesn't need to be "burned clean" before using. it's a superior metal to kanthal for vaping IMO.
plus it's readily available, cheap, and usable in TC mode

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Does anyone note a marked difference in flavor when using the 10ml tank and chimney vs the 5ml tank/chimney?

I really do believe using the shorter tank does not provide as much flavor as the 10ml.
I did. I used the same juice in both 5ml and 10ml mode and I definitely seem to get better flavor in 5ml mode. Haven't bothered to try it with the 20ml tank and probably won't.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Interesting. The same e-liquid with the same cotton and the same coils at the same ohms at the same watts taste different in 5ml and 10ml mode. I get more flavor out of it with the taller chimney vs the shorter.
I wouldn't say the taste was different. It was more pronounced in 5ml mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread