SteamPunk Styled Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
I been collecting bits and pieces for a few days now.. Going over and over how I was going to build this late into the night instead of sleeping and generally driving my Wife nuts. :)

Anyway, I shopped the plumbing department and pieced this all together in store the other day while it was slow at work..

It's a combination of a 1" no stop coupling, 1" to 3/4" bushings, 3/4" plugs, 1/2 coupling, 1/2" plug, delta faucet spring, brass finishing washers and a brass screw.

It's big, takes an 18500 and heavy. But I like it.

Last edited:

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
Nice work!
Did you round out the end of the stem fitting, or is that soldered on with brute force? While making a 3/4" stick style mod, I used a drill press, a vise, and a 3/4" sanding drum to remove the end of a 3/8" copper coupling, and had a pretty good fit, but still managed to get solder everywhere :glare:
What did you use for the stem fitting?

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
Nice work!
Did you round out the end of the stem fitting, or is that soldered on with brute force? While making a 3/4" stick style mod, I used a drill press, a vise, and a 3/4" sanding drum to remove the end of a 3/8" copper coupling, and had a pretty good fit, but still managed to get solder everywhere :glare:
What did you use for the stem fitting?

1/2" copper coupling. sanded to fit then soldered

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I been collecting bits and pieces for a few days now.. Going over and over how I was going to build this late into the night instead of sleeping and generally driving my Wife nuts. :)

LOL, I'm not building a steampunk mod, but now that I'm getting into the rebuildables, find myself staying up pretty late and getting my better half really ticked off about my vaping obsession ;)

DelboyinDorset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Dorset - UK
I think its (not being sexist laydees) a case of boys and their toys (and he is flamed and burns) how many of us started on them disposables or that pathetic little ego with the insta-burn tasting clearo on it and look at what we got now ^^ Keeps us off the streets and who says we got to look complete wallies whilst imbibing on our super flavours looking down at the poor so last century fools burning their nicotine...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread