Steeping and warm water? Tips on steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Hahaha....hmmmmmm , bout 20 or so I'd say. Let the steeping begin !

So let me ask this to all of the wise and experienced steepers. Does steeping get rid of that " mentholy " taste in fruity juices? I picked up some fruity stuff from Pink Spot and they all have that menthol / perfume hit to them. I dont really care for menthol at all. I have had them sitting open in a dark place for a week or so and they still have that menthol taste. I'm gonna try the warm water idea.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Hahaha....hmmmmmm , bout 20 or so I'd say. Let the steeping begin !

So let me ask this to all of the wise and experienced steepers. Does steeping get rid of that " mentholy " taste in fruity juices? I picked up some fruity stuff from Pink Spot and they all have that menthol / perfume hit to them. I dont really care for menthol at all. I have had them sitting open in a dark place for a week or so and they still have that menthol taste. I'm gonna try the warm water idea.
I think it depends on the manufacturer. Any Pink Spot vapors in here???

outofbreath

Feb 17, 2012
New Jersey
OK, now I am really confused. I read one post in the forum that the juices should be stored in the refrigerator, another in a different thread talked about ordering enough to get thru the summer so the juices wouldn't be exposed to the summer heat. I am storing my juices in the refrigerator and filling the carts from there. Is that the reason I can't get the taste I remember from them? Am I doing this all wrong? Can you tell I am a newbie :) HELP!!!!!! :)

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I would not recommend storing them in the fridge. I hear because of the condensation? Most people say store the juices in a cool, dark place, such as inside a cabinet, and you can leave them there to steep. But I guess heat and exposure to air will help steep them faster. But I would definitely not store them in the fridge, unless it's like... you're not planning to use the juice for a really long time?

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
I think you can go overboard. I took a glass and raised the water to a boil, let it cool off for about 10-20 seconds, and stuck my bottle in a sandwich bag to keep it from getting wet and put it in there. After 5 mins the bottle was pretty hot. I thought water wouldn't get hot enough to melt the bottle because I drink hot coffee this way. But the bottom of bottle is a ever so slight warped. I threw the flavor away. Didn't feel safe vaping it.

Last edited:

perlionsmitnick

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
TX
I think you can go overboard. I took a glass and raised the water to a boil, let it cool off for about 10-20 seconds, and stuck my bottle in a sandwich bag to keep it from getting wet and put it in there. After 5 mins the bottle was pretty hot. I thought water wouldn't get hot enough to melt the bottle because I drink hot coffee this way. But the bottom of bottle is a ever so slight warped. I threw the flavor away. Didn't feel safe vaping it.

I nuke it just to a boil in a pyrex beaker then let it naturally cool to room temp. You must use caution taking it out because it is like a jar of hot oil. Nice thing is is that it is vaporizing when done so it give you a good idea what the flavor is going to be like in real life.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
No need to boil water, hot Tap water is all you need. Your just warming up your juice so it thins the liquid so it mixes better when you shake it up. I'll shake up my juice 2-3 times during the cool down to room temp.

I read a few posts where they'll set there juice on a warm surface like a router and shake it up periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread