Steeping and warm water? Tips on steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I've used the hot water method before and has worked quite well for me. It was until someone mentioned they set there newly made juices on a router or some other warm surface to perform the same task is when I changed my steeping method. Even though I was a big fan of the hot water steeping I find setting them on a warm surface and shaking them a few times through out the day to work better for me.

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Boobies. :D
Shall try warming a bottle in there. Have already woken up a few times with my device nestled between them, which is nice as it isn't all cold first thing in the morning.

Also boobies would be a good place to store a bottle on a night out, especially a cobalt glass one. I hate carrying a purse bigger than some folded bills.

Xx

motelgrim

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Florida
Hmmmm... It's not working for me. Some of them have been steeping for a week, but I still have that perfume taste... Errrr - just have to keep telling myself that patience is a virtue (although I think I have plenty of virtue already!!!).

I ordered raspberry from bluemist vaping because I liked the flavor of a sample I got a hold of. I ordered 30 mls with extra flavor and when I got it, it was so perfumey and waxy that it simply was un vapable - chemically smelling.
What I ended up doing was pouring the works into a glass baking pan to spread it out and let as much of it as I could be exposed to air overnight. That got rid of a lot of the stuff that was really making it unvapable.
I ended up cutting it with 50%more VG by volume which brought it down to 12mg from 24mg but it still tasted great and I ended up with twice as much juice as I started.
Anyway, try airing it out in a glass pan overnight and see what that does for you.

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
I will be honest and say I didn't read all the replies (but I did catch the bra one :) ) But what I do is take a glass of hot water and set it on my wife's candle warmer. Drop the juice in the water and leave it for how ever long it takes me to remember it is in there.

personally I don't buy pre-made juice, so I do it just to get my DIY juice to mix well.

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
I made a little pocket wallet out of my kids empy capri sun pouch (you know the tin like metal type pouches of juices that you put a straw in the pouch) -- its awesome. Any juice bottle fits and then i put it in the sun for 2 hours == perfect everytime!! Of course for us northeners, this only works in the summer =(, but is a easy peasy method to quick steeping!!!

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
I went and bought one of those candle warmers from the craft shop. Been soaking a bunch of newly arrived juices for about 24 hours now. Plan on trying them later this evening. It keeps the water very warm but not near boiling. I take them out every couple hours (or when I remember) and shake them. Really hope this system works to speed things up, since it's so simple and easy.

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
I do my method as soon as I get them. They steep over time without doing anything. My method just speeds it up some (theoretically).

Have you had a chance to try the candle warmer, and what do you think? I have been doing it that way for a while, but I am not much of a flavor person, so I just do it to make my DIY liquids mix together quicker.

Brew

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
I can't say with any conviction that it works better than father time, but I figure a few hours of it can't hurt. The best test would be to get two bottles of the same juice, then test one against the other during the process. I haven't done that but might soon. I've started to accumulate a number of juices so they are all getting time to steep and I'm not even putting the ones I got today into the bath. I initially tried this to speed things up cuz I was new and wanted the best flavor right away. The juice I got the last couple days I'm just letting steep with the caps off to see how that works.

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
perhaps an odd idea, but along the heat lines, I live in florida, and it gets quite hot here, especially in my truck. could making some juices and placing them in the truck (not in direct sunlight) while its hot help steeping?

perhaps I should make 2 samples of the same flavor and leave one in the house and put one in the truck... I feel a science experiment coming.... lol

Last edited:

dragonrage

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
melrose fl
perhaps an odd idea, but along the heat lines, I live in florida, and it gets quite hot here, especially in my truck. could making some juices and placing them in the truck (not in direct sunlight) while its hot help steeping?

perhaps I should make 2 samples of the same flavor and leave one in the house and put one in the truck... I feel a science experiment coming.... lol
lol i think with the new batch i will be getting at the end of the week will make new friends with my shed for a day not as hot as a car or truck but still hot as the fl heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread