Steeping Southern Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
My Southern Classic arrived yesterday and today I am puffing on it. It seems to have a fruity, floral taste to it instead of the flavor profile described on the Halo site. It seems like a steep is in order for this guy. The lid is off for now and i will retry it in a couple days I guess. This is my first Halo that has asked for a steep.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
yeah, the only real dilemna i have is if i'll play the "will i or won't i" game with myself before buying, or just skip teh conflict resolution process altogether and load up my cart the moment its available.

in the end, i always buy, i'm weak like that. i'm weak in a lot of other ways too, thanks to general laziness and luv of bacon, but those never give me pause.

sadock

The secret to happiness is slowness
Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
Wow. I never thought of "steeping." Is that when you leave it open to air out? During my initial run through of Halo's flavor catalog (28 at the time, I believe), there were only two flavors I found so revolting they went in the garbage immediately: Southern Classic & Midnight Apple. SC was revoltingly sweet to me, and MA tasted like rotten fruit IMO.

I didn't even try to mix those two flavors with others because they were so awful. I figured it would be a lost cause. Maybe they just needed to steep. This was before I even found you guys. Cest la vie. Live and learn.

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
Yes, @sadock you have the right idea about steeping. Take the lid off the bottle and let that baby sit. Put the lid on and shake the bottle once a day. I give my bottle a good sniff every few days or so to see if I detect any flavor changes.

My Southern Classic has now been steeping since 14 June and it seems like the overwhelming fruitiness of it is dying out some but I'm not ready to put it into a tank again just yet. I thought I was really going to like SC but it's going onto my reject list.

I've been thinking about getting Midnight Apple on my next order.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
MA is a love it or hate flavor. i personally, really like it. it's not syrupy or artificial tasting to me and did not require a steep before i enjoyed it. SC on the other hand, took about a month steep before it was tolerable. Too clovery for my tastes.
I agree!!

Midnight Apple is a good vape, I rather like it. Southern is at the bottom of my Halo list. Just don't like it at all.

Reactions: wheezal

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
Got SC and HX3. SC is not bad. I might order some more while it's still half price. HX3 seems to not know whether it's a menthol or tobacco flavor and fails at each. I have a bottle of chocolate eliquid from a local store that I am using to mix with HX3 (I don't want to waste my Belgian Cocoa on it). It's much better with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread