Steeping Times and an Ultrasonic Cleaner Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
My fancy 6l UC also gives off an odd burnt thermoplastic smell when I use the heat setting. I found it scented the juice as well. As an electronics dude I knew the smell was wire insulation. I have stopped using the heating element and no issues. Is my UC faulty, probably but with the heat off it still works like a charm. 4 hours and my 85% VG juice tastes like it has been steeped for a month. Very happy. FYI, that burnt smelling juice returned to normal after 3 days of shaking and venting on my desk.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
I use these with #6 stoppers. They are amazing and fit in my ultrasonic!

31whpBaIf5L.jpg

PYREX 250mL Narrow Mouth Erlenmeyer Flasks with Heavy Duty Rim ,6/pk

1 customer review

Price: $25.22 + $3.92 shipping

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Scientific Equipment of Houston.

2 new from $25.22

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
Never smelled anything coming from the UC, used distilled water with the bottles tightly capped I don't see how the smell could have gotten in ?
Heck I don't know maybe I'll try it again with just a nic base no flavoring.
edit> also the heating element is outside the stainless 3 L tank

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Where does everyone get their glass bottles? I'm looking for 10, 30 and 60 ml clear with decent dropper tops.

Any you can recommend -- fair price and good quality?

For plastics I've tried a few and settled on the MBV blue top bottles.
http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/2-oz-cobalt-blue-glass-boston-round-bottle

Perfect products, great prices and fair shipping. Make your first order big.
They sometimes give free shipping on first orders.

Get poly-cone caps with the correct threading.
(Continuous Thread Lined Black Phenolic Closure)

The link for the appropriate caps are listed at the bottom of each bottle's page.

0000771_20-400-continuous-thread-lined-black-phenolic-closure.jpeg

Last edited:

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Hi! Just found this thread.

Is the blender option still on the table? Here's why I ask:

Many blender bottoms (the blade/gasket assembly) will fit old-style narrow mason jars. (Not the new wide-mouth ones)

Often times the manual doesn't say anything about it.

So try it! I'm going to whip up a 1 ounce batch in a small jelly jar with the mason-mouth on it and blend it. I'll get back to you on the results.

Hope this helps!
-Johntodd

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
OK, I did the blender trick with Vapingzone's Pralines and Cream.

It formed a foamy emulsion. I blended, let it settle, and blended again.

Then I vaped it in my IGO-W on my mech (0.7 dual build).

I swear it tastes like it's steeped a week. I've never had a VZ flavor come together that fast. But, the proof is in what it tastes like tomorrow.

Thanks!
-Johntodd

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How long do you blend it? How much was in the blender? I always thought a thorough blending would cut down steep time. Especially if used in conjunction with a UC. But alas ... I'd have to get a "special" blender just for e-juice because my wife would think the parts per billion of e-juice possibly left after the blender was cleaned might make the rest of the family ill. I've told her that wasn't possible but ... who wants to win a fight that results in a ......-off wife?

Reactions: JohnnyDill

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
The bottles I use hold about 100ml. I make 70ml of juice per bottle. The last batch I had 6 bottles with a rubber band around them so they'd stand up straight in the cleaner. I filled the tank to just under the "max" line on the inside of the tank. I tried putting just one bottle in the cleaner but it fell over and floated on its side. I thought there might be a problem with water leaking into the bottle so that's why I bundled the bottles together with a rubber band.

Now normally I don't make 420mls of juice at a time. But the Holidays are coming up and my sister and son-in-law really like the combo juice I make that's equal parts of the "finished" e-liquids - Cowboy, Desert Ship, and the generic Tobacco.

Maybe Just My Imagination Dept.

It seems to me that since I have gotten away from cartos (except for the Boge Leo DC/LR cartos) and mostly use these tanks:

TURBO EZ KIT
ELITE 808 CLEAR AND EASY TANKS 2.0
GO GO PREMIUM TANKS

... I've been going through juice a lot faster than I used to.

Anybody else notice this? Or am I delusional?

Shameless Self-promotion Dept.

I recently finished my second video:

I'm considering doing more reviews. What do y'all think?

I could not look away from this video! Best take on it ive ever watched!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
I forgot to follow up on the blender experiment! So sorry!

In short: I blender-mix all my juices now. They mix easier (no more devil-shakin' for me), and it knocks about a week off steep time. I still crockpot them (caps off) to drive out the alcohol from my flavorings.

Don't be afraid of the foam. Your juice will get whipped with air and look like a weird thin cake frosting, but it will settle out properly. I blend mine for about 2 minutes on my blender's slowest speed, the "stir" setting. It's still very fast for this type of thing.

I use the smallest Mason jar, which is a jelly jar. It holds one cup, but 4 ounces is the biggest batch I've made in it.

But I've only gotten good results. No off-flavors or nic loss due to oxidation. Vapes great!

Hope this helps!
-Johntodd

LucyA

Oct 20, 2012
Transfer
The bottles I use hold about 100ml. I make 70ml of juice per bottle. The last batch I had 6 bottles with a rubber band around them so they'd stand up straight in the cleaner. I filled the tank to just under the "max" line on the inside of the tank. I tried putting just one bottle in the cleaner but it fell over and floated on its side. I thought there might be a problem with water leaking into the bottle so that's why I bundled the bottles together with a rubber band.

Now normally I don't make 420mls of juice at a time. But the Holidays are coming up and my sister and son-in-law really like the combo juice I make that's equal parts of the "finished" e-liquids - Cowboy, Desert Ship, and the generic Tobacco.

Maybe Just My Imagination Dept.

It seems to me that since I have gotten away from cartos (except for the Boge Leo DC/LR cartos) and mostly use these tanks:

TURBO EZ KIT
ELITE 808 CLEAR AND EASY TANKS 2.0
GO GO PREMIUM TANKS

... I've been going through juice a lot faster than I used to.

Anybody else notice this? Or am I delusional?

Shameless Self-promotion Dept.

I recently finished my second video:

I'm considering doing more reviews. What do y'all think?

Love your review! Informative and entertaining :)

Reactions: aikanae1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread