The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Stentorian AT-7 Box MOD

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by USMCotaku, Aug 7, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. USMCotaku

USMCotaku ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Stentorian-AT-7-Box-MOD.html

Not sure how to classify this one I came across.
    Listed as a 100 watt device, but it looks like it is set at a steady 4.2 volt output. So as long as your build is sub 100 watts at 4.2 volt, it's like using a mech with no drop off (hopefully). Design looks interesting. Kind of a sci-fi look with a steam punk air to the inside.
    Internal 3500 mAh battery, listed as an RC quadcoptor battery.... some will find that as a downside, some will not. I will withhold judgement on that part till I see how efficient the chip is, and how long a charge will last..... and how long it takes to charge.
    Looks like the chipset is American made, and can run .1 to 3.0 ohms.

I see various pics of the logo and on board light lit up in different colors.... hopefully that is user adjustable.
    Something about this mod reminds me of all the fun toys and gadgets I've wanted over the years. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Am I seeing this right? An $85 built-in battery?

• Like Like x 1
  3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yay, tired of passing on mods because of the removable battery. This RC battery is probably better than some internals that just have a regular batt soldered in.

My 2600 Zelos charges super fast and lasts a very long time.

RC lipos ftw.

4. USMCotaku

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    what makes the battery choice a win is RC lipos are known to have good "c" ratings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. USMCotaku

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    One is set to arrive tomorrow. I'll be on set as usual, but thoughts will be posted once I get the chance to play with it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Salton Sea, CA

Is the cell replaceable without soldering?
    Or another disposable device after the cell stops?

• Like Like x 1
  7. USMCotaku

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    Well, she's in my hands....... takes both of them, cause she is huge
    Operation is straight forward. 5 clicks to turn on, 5 to turn off, that's it. Like a mech, you control wattage by your build. Battery life...... I've run about 3 ml through a dropper, and two tfv4 tanks through it on the charge it came with out of the box (which is never a full charge)...cause I haven't had the chance to charge it. I did plug it in to make sure the charge port worked.... and discovered it does not do vape while charging. May not be an issue if the battery can last all day on a full charge.
    It has a very sci-fi look to it, like something you would see in an episode of battlestar. Adding to that look is the light up logo and two LEDs inside. I do wish there was a way to turn them off.....but with a mod this large, stealth vaping is not a factor.
    It's well built, with zero rattle. The large fire button covers the whole atty side of the mod. It is nice and click, and will fire wherever you press it from.
    As large as it is, the top is beveled, so a 24 mm topper is the largest it will take with no over hang on the front and back (with room to spare on the sides).

As far as future battery replacement, I will have to open it up to be sure, but it seems like it is probably soldered in, but the battery is placed inside a box, where the light up logo is located, so I can't see it to be sure.

All in all, it's a fun device, a conversation starter. But not a pocket carry all day vape....unless you have big pockets, and a belt, or risk your pants falling down

• Like Like x 3
  8. cooladdict

cooladdict Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    Neat! I am very curious to hear how long it runs on a full charge. I have nothing at all against internal batteries but I like 'em to be substantial, especially if you can't vape while charging! :) Cool device and great first impressions! :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Salton Sea, CA
    A $1 plug connector at the battery allowing the user to replace the cell if necessary, would make this a mod winner.

• Like Like x 1