Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Something about this mod resinates with me lol

No, seriously... resin.

I mean, I'd love a $600 stabwood work of art, but then I'd not have the other $500 to spend on tanks and drippers. Gimme some resin, any day.

The obvious comparison, here, is the Cartel Revenant. But, it's not an accurate comparison. Ok, so they're both dual 18650 resun box mods, but...

Where the Revenant is quite spendy, this one is a little more affordable.

Revenant = once up to $200, now around $130

Basilisk = starting out around $120

Where the Revenant can be a little complex, this one is quite simple.

Revenant = 4 buttons for up, down, mode, and fire with all kinds of TC and TCR, and curves here and auto and settings there. Complex.

Basilisk = 3 buttons for up, down, fire. Modes include power and "Rebuild" power curves. Simple!

Where the Revenant is a 160 Watt mod, the Basilisk dials it up to 200.

The Basilisk is also kinda petite compared to the Revenant. A bit lighter, too.

And simplicity doesn't stop with the board... no USB charging, and no firmware. On the one hand, that might be considered a con. On the other hand, it's really not a good idea to charge in unit anyways...

There is one place that the Basilisk offers more options, though... color. When ordering the Revenant online, ya gets what they sends. When ordering the Basilisk, you can choose thr color scheme. Nice!

The door is great on the Basilisk. I had some issues with the door on the Revenant.

I think the only complaint I have about the basilisk is the corners. Not only did they go back to basic with the board, but the box is quite old-school boxy, complete with some pretty sharp corners.

So, if you're in the market for a decent, simple, beautiful box, I would certainly check this one out.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Stentorian-Basilisk-MOD.html
13b5682aac715129aee86de342d98dd1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
This box does not have TC at all. It's a straight up VW box.

Wow!
That's not something you hear of.
Now a days it has to be covered in LED's and have 10 different functions that aren't accurate.[emoji6]

Sent from the future

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Wow!
That's not something you hear of.
Now a days it has to be covered in LED's and have 10 different functions that aren't accurate.[emoji6]

Sent from the future
Yep. This one went back to basics. It's kinda nice not having to worry about modes and contorting fingers to hiy funky key sequences.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Just to inform anyone thinking of this mod,the resin is very thin and nothing behind it to support it.This is one you want to treat gingerly,as I saw one destroyed from a couple of drops.
DEFINITELY an 'at home on the carpet device'

Sent from the future

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Just to inform anyone thinking of this mod,the resin is very thin and nothing behind it to support it.This is one you want to treat gingerly,as I saw one destroyed from a couple of drops.
Are you referring to Grimm Green's device?

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yes. I'm not saying it's a bad mod,as I don't have one,but that I don't think it would survive a lot of abuse.
I have one, and take it out quite frequently. I won't say it's tough, but then, I don't drop my mods. IIRC it too three drops, and the device still fired lol

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Mmmm the basilisk isn't a squonker... Wrong section of the forum...
Yup... dunno why it ended up here. I swear I was under VW APV. Must've shifted as I was posting through Tapatalk.

Can a mod move this thread? @classwife @retired1 @Robino1

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.