Stepping up from Ego Twists

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
I had this in the "Variable Voltage APV Discussion" section, but thought maybe I would try it here to see if it gets any responses ...
------------

Good Morning all :)

I started vaping about 2 years ago on Blu's. Moved up to ego's with vivi nova's and stardust tanks. Then on to ego twists/vision spinners with some Kanger bottom coils and a few pro tanks, and I've been settled there for about a year now.

It's once again time to replace my batteries, and I'm thinking about moving to something more.

I've been looking at Provari's, specifically the mini, because it's small and compact, and I can get the extender cap for home/weekend use. But I don't want to get too focused on one thing right now.

What other VV/VW devices are out there now that are worth considering? I have to admit, I'm not a fan of box mods. I do like the Dovpo E-LVT, but I have not seen any others that appeal to me, and a box mod would only be for home use anyway, so I would still need something for work and such. Suggestions?

While I like the simple look of some mech mods, I really am looking to have the adjustable voltage/wattage option. I find I do use it a lot, as some juices just taste better to me at 4.2 than 3.7, and I usually have 2 or 3 flavors going each day (ADHD???). I will probably get a few pro tank 2's or 3's just to get some new tanks, and because I broke one of my pro tanks :blush: I am not into rebuildales or making my own coils or replacing cotton or such, I'm just a just a clean the heads, replace when necessary kind of vapor, so it's good if what I get there are usually coils readily available in stock online.

Any other tanks (pyrex/glass necessary, I vape a lot of lemonade/citrus) that have a decent track record? I haven't really been following the market for a long time, and it seems it changes so fast, in 6 months, everything I knew about is obsolete and I know nothing about the new stuff!!!

Thanks for any ideas or opinions!

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I had this in the "Variable Voltage APV Discussion" section, but thought maybe I would try it here to see if it gets any responses ...
------------

Good Morning all :)

I started vaping about 2 years ago on Blu's. Moved up to ego's with vivi nova's and stardust tanks. Then on to ego twists/vision spinners with some Kanger bottom coils and a few pro tanks, and I've been settled there for about a year now.

It's once again time to replace my batteries, and I'm thinking about moving to something more.

I've been looking at Provari's, specifically the mini, because it's small and compact, and I can get the extender cap for home/weekend use. But I don't want to get too focused on one thing right now.

What other VV/VW devices are out there now that are worth considering? I have to admit, I'm not a fan of box mods. I do like the Dovpo E-LVT, but I have not seen any others that appeal to me, and a box mod would only be for home use anyway, so I would still need something for work and such. Suggestions?

While I like the simple look of some mech mods, I really am looking to have the adjustable voltage/wattage option. I find I do use it a lot, as some juices just taste better to me at 4.2 than 3.7, and I usually have 2 or 3 flavors going each day (ADHD???). I will probably get a few pro tank 2's or 3's just to get some new tanks, and because I broke one of my pro tanks :blush: I am not into rebuildales or making my own coils or replacing cotton or such, I'm just a just a clean the heads, replace when necessary kind of vapor, so it's good if what I get there are usually coils readily available in stock online.

Any other tanks (pyrex/glass necessary, I vape a lot of lemonade/citrus) that have a decent track record? I haven't really been following the market for a long time, and it seems it changes so fast, in 6 months, everything I knew about is obsolete and I know nothing about the new stuff!!!

Thanks for any ideas or opinions!

Based on what you said, these would be my initial recommendations:

Innokin iTaste VV V3.0

Kanger Aerotank v2

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
The Itaste VV3 is basically the same thing as the MVP2 (which I think is what you are referring to when you say 'box mods') except it is an ego style battery. It has less capacity so it won't last as long as an MVP but if you buy 2 that should be enough to get you through a day of work, depending on your vaping.

The Aerotank V2 or Aerotank mini would both fit really nice on the Itaste VV3 so that should be a good tank to get. It is made of glass and also comes with a stainless steel tank section.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
I use ProTank2 with Aero base and an Aero tank. Love them both, but actually am drawn a little more to the ProTank2 with Aero base.
I am currently using a Tesla that provides VV and VW, but I found that I very seldom adjust the wattage but do adjust the voltage. My Tesla has been giving me some problems later so I just ordered a ProVari blem.

I still use ProTank2 Minis and an EVOD Twist when out and about, so, if you do make the jump, don't give up you stick batteries! They come in handy!

Good luck on finding something that suits your needs!

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Hey. You have been vaping a while. Ready to upgrade. Do it right. Get the provari mini and call it a day. I own the cool fire and the svd. And just ordered a provari from my local b&m. I need something that is going to last. Extension cap
For home/weekend use. Trust me when I say. The provari is the mod to have. Don't spend 60-100$ on something else. Just spend the extra $$$. Go with your gut. And get the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Vamo V5 is a nice mod if you weren't wanting to shell out the $$ for a provari. Tobeco has a DNA30 tube mod clone out that's fairly cheap (Like $80 on ebay), but if you're not doing rebuildables then most stock coils probably can't handle 10 watts or more.

As for tanks... I'd highly suggest looking into rebuildables, if not then probably something like the Aspire Nautilus.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
I hate to say it ;) but the Provari is probably what you are looking for. I would have said the iTaste SVD, but it's being having problems recently with the fire button only lasting a couple of months. That's a shame because, with it telescoping, you would have the chance of finding out which batteries you prefer. I started out thinking I'd use 18350s and 18650s but I found myself using 18500s almost exclusively. I'm enjoying my Sigelei 20W, but it only goes down to 7W, which will burn most liquids in Protanks.

If you were ready to try RBAs, I might say differently but, for you now, the Provari is probably the right choice.

I find the air control on the aerotank too loose. The Nautilus is supposed to be a little better and have more positive control. PBusardo did a comparison of them: Taste Your Juice | THE “BATTLE OF THE BOTTOMS” – THE NAUTILUS WINS!

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
(...)

While I like the simple look of some mech mods, I really am looking to have the adjustable voltage/wattage option. I find I do use it a lot, as some juices just taste better to me at 4.2 than 3.7, and I usually have 2 or 3 flavors going each day (ADHD???).

(...)

Have you considered using a mech mod with a Kick module? It's a way to get the best of two worlds: the added longevity of a mech, with available VW. Plus, if something nasty happens (an ugly fall, for example), all that is needed is to replace the Kick, instead of the whole thing. Or, simply keep using the mech (with a fuse, at least!) as a mech, while waiting for the new Kick to arrive. :)

I personally like the Roller from Atmizzo. I's very minimalistic and small. Even with the Kick, it's much smaller than a regulated mod. (My Sigelei ZMax, for example). That was a good point for me, because I moved from the Ego... so I wanted something small. YMMV.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
Thanks everyone.

Ya, I see a Provari in my future. Probably a mini, with an extension cap.

No, I'm not much into RBA's, and honestly, don't really want to be. I'm really not all into the mechanics of vaping, more just the vape itself. If I can get a simple, reliable, easy to maintain setup for someone on the go 16+ hours a day, I'm happy. I'll look into the Aerotanks and the Nautilus. Thanks!!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
The Provari Mini is a great choice. Especially if you are a simple vaper who has no wish to subohm or vape at high wattages. You should be happy with one.

An even more compact choice would be the iTaste VVv3. It's $25 over at 101vape.com. Offers variable watt and ohm checking in something the size of an ego. May be worth looking into as your back up, or stealth option.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I went from a spinner and twist to a provari mini. I never tried anything else. I bought a mini then a stealth a few months later. I've dropped them both several times and no problems, they're tuff little things for sure. Buying two was quite an expense but I know between the ruggedness of the units and the warranty I'm all set as far as batteries go. My sis bought an iTaste (can't remember which one) for about 80 bucks and it died two months later, so she's out a battery and 80 bucks. I've not had one problem with either except for my clumsiness in dropping them.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Have you considered any of the DNA mods? The second generation Dna 30 s are really nice and all the bugs have been worked out in the new generation builds. Plus you can get a very good cloupor 1:1 clone new generation for around 69 dollars at fluid vapes. This is a great price as they usually go for 89.00. And fluid vapes ships from out of california. This is a very nice device and you won't have to spend a fortune on it. Plus it has the new dna chip in it and it will regulate your volts depending on your wattage and it will fire 30 watts no matter what resistance your coil is using. It also will go sub ohm down to .3. It's a very nice unit and will save you some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread