Still crave a cig when i drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
diy or store bought? my fave store bought juices were charlie noble pistachio ry4, super charged heaven ry2k and good life vapor deadly sin. I got into diy fairly quick (so much cheaper) and there the possibilities are endless for ry4 variants. I like clones of all of the above but my calculator is so full of recipes to try now that I rarely make the same mix twice anymore.

edit to add: vaping this at the moment which is my diy take on good life vapor's pb sin, which I never tried. I just read the description and adapted my deadly sin recipe by kriga:

PB Sin Clone v2.1
4.25% Butterscotch DX (TFA)
4.25% RY4 Double (TFA)
3.25% Cinnamon Danish Swirl V2 (CAP)
2.50% Peanut Butter DX (TFA)
2.00% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
1.00% Joy (FA)
0.25% 0.9% Saline

absolute heaven

I make my own vg, pg and nic and add halo's trebeca to it with a couple drops. I don't like full flavored juice it's just to much for me, so i add a few drops and good to go. I do not make my own flavoring, i learned long ago i am not that good at it after trial and error, plus i am just lazy smiles and giggles. it's really cheap for me to do it the way i do it because the flavoring i buy last me forever after making my own pg,vg and nic to add it to. I do also use GI Joe ry as well for a twist. Dang i am gonna have to check out your selections of ry's, they sound so good and about time i expand my ry flavoring. My favorite is ry's anything in that family i love

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I don't know why but vaping doesn't cut it when i drink. I love my jim beam when i am off work.......

It's because the ethyl alcohol in your Jim Beam dulls your sense of taste, many e-liquids can seem nearly flavorless after a few drinks. If you want a juice that can still provide "thump" when you're drinking, try a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) made from a tobacco blend containing Latakia like this one; Balkan Reserve it exclusively for the times you're drinking and need that extra flavor. Be warned, most retail NETs are hard on wicks/coils and can trash a factory coil head after just a tankful or two.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
It's because the ethyl alcohol in your Jim Beam dulls your sense of taste, many e-liquids can seem nearly flavorless after a few drinks. If you want a juice that can still provide "thump" when you're drinking, try a NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) made from a tobacco blend containing Latakia like this one; Balkan Reserve it exclusively for the times you're drinking and need that extra flavor. Be warned, most retail NETs are hard on wicks/coils and can trash a factory coil head after just a tankful or two.

lol well i glad you told me that because i use premade coils! I do have some NET in my arsenal but haven't really used it yet, recently bought it. Waiting for my tank to empty to give it a spin.

Reactions: Str8vision

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Dude/dudette? You have an intense sounding job, something I can't relate to. Neither do I drink often but I like me a whisky/very occasional beer. The gear below compliments my drink perfectly.
Get yourself a very good mtl specific tank. Get some high end tobacco flavoured juice. I use 12mg but ymmv.
Try a couple clones first and see if it's your thing, then get yourself a high end tank. Imo, it makes you enjoy your vape more than a £20 direct lung vape.
Remember the newer gear, no matter the price, favours the whooshy whooshy vaper.
The set below is a paps v4 with a dvarw mtl rta (€79 tank) and black note sonata juice.
It's like the best cigarette you've ever had!!!
IMG_0707.JPG

Btw, those are net tobaccos

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Dude/dudette? You have an intense sounding job, something I can't relate to. Neither do I drink often but I like me a whisky/very occasional beer. The gear below compliments my drink perfectly.
Get yourself a very good mtl specific tank. Get some high end tobacco flavoured juice. I use 12mg but ymmv.
Try a couple clones first and see if it's your thing, then get yourself a high end tank. Imo, it makes you enjoy your vape more than a £20 direct lung vape.
Remember the newer gear, no matter the price, favours the whooshy whooshy vaper.
The set below is a paps v4 with a dvarw mtl rta (€79 tank) and black note sonata juice.
It's like the best cigarette you've ever had!!! View attachment 687663
Btw, those are net tobaccos

beautiful gear!! yeah i vape anywhere between 18mg to 36 mg..just depends on how stressful my job is that day..going below 18mg is tragic..bad move.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I gotta be honest about what a cig gives me. Frankly, when I *really* get in the mode of wanting one enough to have one, I think about how much time I get to lose off my life. I'm not kidding, I get to this point of ARGHHHHH and it's extraordinarily satisfying to know that I won't have to live those extra 4 minutes or whatever. It's kind of a nihilistic space. :(

I mean, when I smoked all the time, I kind of worried about it, but now there are times I just lose my mind completely and go, "It's time to shave a little bit off this horrific game called life." I'm usually pretty stressed out by that point, and it's an exercise in savoring the loss of life.... Weird, but there you go. I think as a teenager when I started, I was pretty morose about the whole "life" thing too. Made it easier to learn to inhale.

I mean, don't get me wrong one cig doesn't taste horrid to me, it reminds me of when smoking was actually pleasant as I could still breathe, etc., but the main thing? Let's just get rid of a few minutes, drat it, this is *tiring*.... I don't have to be drunk, just verklempt, as it were. :)

Fortunately that doesn't happen so much anymore, but it's a kind of defiant middle finger to my existence...

Anna

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Hmmmm. Damn. I want a kabuki...
I refuse to buy coils though

Ok, this is hard.
When comparing the two, what does the cigarette give you that the vape fails?

Honestly since i slipped up and had a few puffs nothing. The cig was horrible. Now back tracking before i did that and was craving a cig when i did drink...i don't know i really don't know what i thought i was missing. Heck i can't even make sense to why i was smoking to begin with, and it went on for 30yrs. There is just something in cigs that has a powerful effect, and if you ask me it's not nic...and whatever it is it's not in vape juice either even after adding the nic. I remember when i first started vaping i had a tough time for the first couple of weeks and then some for about a month. I would ask myself what am i missing, i got the nic, i got the hand to mouth and i got clouds..why am i having such a hard time tossing the cigs and converting to this..and i just could not answer that question. The reasonable answer i finally came to was there was more in cigs that was addictive then what i realized..and that was what i was missing and battling with. some invisible additives that i couldn't even pin point to help me understand what i was battling with. That really bothered me and still does. I just wonder where was the FDA and all their researchers holding BT accountable like they are trying to do with vaping? You would think vaping is up there with a street drug and omg they must save us from this horrible killer, yet turn their heads the other way and have for years with BT. It's all about money they don't really care about people. Rant over sorry about that.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I gotta be honest about what a cig gives me. Frankly, when I *really* get in the mode of wanting one enough to have one, I think about how much time I get to lose off my life. I'm not kidding, I get to this point of ARGHHHHH and it's extraordinarily satisfying to know that I won't have to live those extra 4 minutes or whatever. It's kind of a nihilistic space. :(

I mean, when I smoked all the time, I kind of worried about it, but now there are times I just lose my mind completely and go, "It's time to shave a little bit off this horrific game called life." I'm usually pretty stressed out by that point, and it's an exercise in savoring the loss of life.... Weird, but there you go. I think as a teenager when I started, I was pretty morose about the whole "life" thing too. Made it easier to learn to inhale.

I mean, don't get me wrong one cig doesn't taste horrid to me, it reminds me of when smoking was actually pleasant as I could still breathe, etc., but the main thing? Let's just get rid of a few minutes, drat it, this is *tiring*.... I don't have to be drunk, just verklempt, as it were. :)

Fortunately that doesn't happen so much anymore, but it's a kind of defiant middle finger to my existence...

Anna
Ok I'm drinking and just tried my 1st after 2yrs of being smoke free and I have to say it tasted good. ( sorry folks) I kinda want to smoke a whole one.

Mine tasted horrible, i had the taste in my mouth for ever it seemed like...and it tasted like a ashtray. It so strange how we all respond to things so differently...especially when it comes to cigs

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Mine tasted horrible, i had the taste in my mouth for ever it seemed like...and it tasted like a ashtray. It so strange how we all respond to things so differently...especially when it comes to cigs
I was drinking pretty good last night, but it did taste good!

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I had a drink a few weeks ago. Used to drink quite a bit 20 years ago, smoked packs when doing it.

Figured when I poured that bourbon I'd want a stick after the first sip, so I took a long drag. For me I think it was being occupied between drinks. Be it telling wild stories (talk with my hands when drinking) or the hand to mouth of smoking.

Apparently just vaping was enough.

Daniel Martinez

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know why but vaping doesn't cut it when i drink. I love my jim beam when i am off work. It relaxes me and i just enjoy it on my weekends off. I deal with alot of stress at work as i am in the medical field and work for a gastroenterologist office. I am a doctor's assistant and i deal with soo much stuff, including surgery back logs to translate. I have to tell patients whether they have cancer or not and read biopsy reports. It's incredibly stressful when i have to give bad news, it's me calling the patient with bad news. It's me who sets up a referral to a oncologist. I have to make sure their insurance will be covered by who i refer them to. It's me all the patients turn to when meds don't work out and it's me who calls in their prescriptions to fix it. I have to get it right with no mistakes as it's me who generally ask for doctor approval for what i think will work best for them..yeah i know what??but you guys don't know who really works behind the scenes when the doctor is most days performing surgery and busy. Just a taste of what i deal with. But drinking just makes me crave a cig still to this day. Anyone else deal with this? tips..suggestions? Please don't tell me to give up my jim beam. It's the one escape that keeps me sane on weekends after working all week. I almost gave in the other day when i had more patients then normal to call with bad news. In spite of all i have to deal with all week i have to be a counselor to these patients when i give them bad news, plus be a single parent on top of it to teenagers who still have not accepted their dad's death, something i still grieve. Maybe i just haven't found the right flavor to compliment what i drink..anyone drink jim beam and found a flavor that goes well with it. I am a trebeca person, don't like fruity flavors. Makes my mouth taste like cotton candy before i finish the tank and that gets old real fast for my taste buds.
What I found to help me out a whole lot with this problem was a strong tobacco flavor. I noticed when I drink the fruity/dessert flavors just don't cut it at all. After a lot of trial and error I found that a red tobacco or very earthy tobacco flavor helps me not want a cig when I drink. I'm a huge Jack Daniels fan so the more earthy a tobacco the better!

B-Dang

Sep 28, 2017
International Falls MN
I would never go to a hypnotist again. Last time I went, it was a disaster. I guess the signs were there that he was a whack job. Who charges $15 for a therapy session? Another indicator was that Dr. Feelgoods office was in his van. I remember getting into the van and the next thing I remember is waking up chained to a chair in his basement with a bucket of popcorn on my lap. Don't worry, he didn't do anything freaky to me. Turns out he wasn't a Dr. at all. He just wanted to perform his one man show of Steel Magnolias for someone since none of his friends would show up to his play. I was really angry at first and about half way through the play I managed to slip out of the chains. I was going to call the cops but his rendition of the play was breathtaking to the point of tears and I stayed until the end. After my third standing ovation, I clocked him and knocked him out - not for kidnapping me and making me watch his play but for making me miss their all acoustic revival of Um Bop and other classics by Hanson I had tickets to that night.
hahahahahaha best post ever you win the internet today my good sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread