Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I just got my shipping information today for the order I placed 11/10. There were no communications from them at all this time. No order confirmation, no answers to emails. The shipping confirmation was the one generated by Stamps.com

I really love their tanks, but I think that I have enough of them now.

Reactions: Racehorse

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Sadly, nothing has changed it seems. In addition to my automated confirmation email, not a peep in weeks. They were apparently getting so much email regarding the issues they shut down the customer service email option on the website (insult to injury they said due to spam (meaning us). Only way to make contact now is by phone. This was my first time ordering from them so I had no expectations but I regret to say it's leaving a less than pleasant taste in my mouth. If it's a mom and pop shop in distress, heck, just say so in an email or site banner and I will stand by you 100%. Given the chance, I would even lend assistance if it was feasible! This is a very forgiving community as a rule and they should take advantage of that and just put out some basic information to let us know what to expect in regards to our orders. All that said, with my luck there was probably a death in the family and I will look like a braying jack-... down the road. In any case, I hope all is well with them and I'm not going to be calling them anytime soon demanding my trinkets.

Regards,

Reactions: Baditude

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Oh! Forgot to say code "freeship" is/was good for free shipping ;) making it an even better deal!

Agreed Oplholik! Mine too!

Thank you that was a steal of a deal I am glad I got in on! I am honestly sad to hear about what is going on with IBTanked :( I have been ordering from them for years and was just about to put in another order for a custom tank, but, now I am going to wait to see what is going on with them.
I agree carto tanks might not be as popular as they once were but I feel a lot of people still use them, I think their custom glass/replacement tanks might be their mainstay anymore though. I really hope they just hit a glitch and are not going out of business, seriously it's a shame they are not communicating a lot better with their customers concerning this.

Reactions: Baditude

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
When I received my order, the tanks were the wrong size. Look great, but I don't need any half size carto tanks. I have bags full of regular size.

I give up.

PS--Kudos to @10x sugar for the tip on DFW! Now I'll actually have regular size 22mm tanks--for cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I ordered 4 tanks from DFW, and received the longer ones, and I ordered the regular size. I also ordered them with the SS caps, and received two with SS caps, and One blue, and one gold caps. Oh well. I don't use the longer ones, just the 35mm, but I ordered them for just the caps anyway. So, if you need colored tubes with out the caps for XL cartos, let me know. LOL

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I ordered 4 tanks from DFW, and received the longer ones, and I ordered the regular size. I also ordered them with the SS caps, and received two with SS caps, and One blue, and one gold caps. Oh well. I don't use the longer ones, just the 35mm, but I ordered them for just the caps anyway. So, if you need colored tubes with out the caps for XL cartos, let me know. LOL

I have been a Carto Tank user since I started vaping, and all of my supplies in the past have been purchased from IBTanked. I was very sorry to read this Thread which I subscribed to.

Thanks for the Heads Up on the Clearance Tanks from DFW.

I also ordered 3 Tanks from DFW Vapor and received the XL Size when I wanted the Standard Size similar to oplholik.

Contacted DFW today and I received an Immediate Response. Sent them a picture, and they extended the following Offer which was very equitable. I ordered 1 more Tank, paid the Shipping, they will send me 4 Standard Tanks, and I can keep the 3 XL Tanks for Parts.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I am really worried about @OCD and the family. I placed my order for 4 painted ZAP tubes and a couple drip tips Nov. 15. I sent one email through the site, since I didn't an automated confirmation, then another direct email a couple weeks ago to the sales email account I'd gotten messages from in the past. Not a peep. Just really sad and worried; I sure hope they're all right.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
My order from 01/07, just shipped, so my orders are shipping a little faster now it seems. I'd guess they are getting ready to shut er down when they sell off enough of the stock that's left, just my feeling tho. I'd sure hate to see them go. :(
I see they are down to just the hafling cartos. Quite a few other items are out of stock.

Reactions: ColoKaren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread