• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Still miss them--In Loving Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I posted a link to my personal blog over in The Women's Room... It is the story of my Mom's brief battle with Pancreatic Cancer...

Date of Birth: 07/04/43
Date of Diagnosis: 07/07/10
Date of Death: 07/15/10

Here's the link again... Thanks for reading!

Winning In Our Lives: Pancreatic Cancer - My Mom's Story

Kelly, my heart goes out to you!! You and your family are in my prayers!! I understand completely what it's like to lose your parent so suddenly. There are no words to describe it.

Thank you so much for sharing your Mom's story here! It truly touched my heart!

Last edited:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
My mom 12/14/47 to 07/01/09, liver cirhossis (teetotaller)
My dad 04/11/36 to 09/28/10, lung cancer
My uncle 03/23/40 to 03/20/05 liver cirhossis (sober 30+ years)
My grandma 11/18/1912 to 05/12/91, lung cancer
My grandpa 03/24/1909 to 08/12/86, COPD and lung cancer

I miss you all and see the pattern. May I break the chain. RIP

Yes! You have broken the chain! AMEN!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Memaw, my beautiful grandmother died of lung cancer. I held her hand as she took her last breath and left. I miss her everyday even after 15 years.

Beans,
I'm so sorry for your loss! The ache of losing someone you love never really goes away, but, with time, it sometimes eases a bit. I lost my mother 2 years ago the 26th of this month. I miss her so much! But she still lives on in her children, and grandchildren, as does your grandmother.
Thank you for sharing your memories of her.

'T'

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
This is in loving memory of my precious Mother. It was 2 years ago today that she was called home to be with the Lord. I miss her very much, but I know I will see her again someday! Our family was truly blessed when He chose her to be our mother, and I will always be thankful for her unconditional love and guidance throughout my life.

you guys made me cry.
My Mommy - lung cancer - 10-10-2005. She was 67 years young
My Daddy - lung cancer - 11-01-2009. He was 73 years young.
I hope me and my sweet sister have broken that chain. She is 3 weeks vaping and I am 6 weeks.

I have to share with you wonderful people that it is only on this forum that I have been able to share about this. I don't feel like I am judged or they are judged. Hearing..."oh, did they smoke?" when i told someone what they died of damned near broke my heart. They were warm and loving, fun to be with, the best of friends to many, and to each other. My Daddy held her hand on their 48th wedding anniversary and told her how much he loved her...3 days later she was gone. No one can ever take that away from me I know. They left a legacy of love and hope. For my Daddy and Mommy, I'm gonna go vape some Wild Cherry Pepsi.

Last edited:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
you guys made me cry.
My Mommy - lung cancer - 10-10-2005. She was 67 years young
My Daddy - lung cancer - 11-01-2009. He was 73 years young.
I hope me and my sweet sister have broken that chain. She is 3 weeks vaping and I am 6 weeks.

I have to share with you wonderful people that it is only on this forum that I have been able to share about this. I don't feel like I am judged or they are judged. Hearing..."oh, did they smoke?" when i told someone what they died of damned near broke my heart. They were warm and loving, fun to be with, the best of friends to many, and to each other. My Daddy held her hand on their 48th wedding anniversary and told her how much he loved her...3 days later she was gone. No one can ever take that away from me I know. They left a legacy of love and hope. For my Daddy and Mommy, I'm gonna go vape some Wild Cherry Pepsi.

metalmomma;
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!! You or your parents won't be judged here!
I'm amazed at the insensitivity of people sometimes. It hurts to lose your parents, no matter how they have passed on. It sounds like they loved each other, and their children, very much. Their legacy lives on in you. My Mom loved Pepsi..vape some for her too?

Take care and God Bless!
'T'

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
In Loving Memory of Peggy Lorraine Cornman (Podovinnikoff) - January 23, 1944 through July 3, 2008

A victim of Bladder, Kidney, Lymph, Metastisized Cancer and of the lack of health care provided by the County Hospital she was forced to go to due to not being able to afford Health Insurance. She was scared to go to the County Hospital due to a terrible experience there over a decade before and was trying to make it to her 65th birthday to qualify for Medicare and go to a hospital with a good reputation. She didn't make it. The experience was shocking, quick, traumatic and I just thank God that he led me to obtain Hospice Care for her and she did not have to experience constant pain. It is a strange experience to love someone so deeply and at the same time pray that they would let go and go to God so their suffering will stop. Cancer is a disgustingly evil disease and I pray that we can find a way to beat it.

Didier Aubin

Moved On
Nov 1, 2017
France
carfromjapan.com
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread