Still searching for that ultimate Vape and Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a smoker for 22 years and used to smoke menthol all the time. When I started vaping 2 months ago I was trying all these different menthol flavors from various vendors and hated them all. I have gone through so many sample packs to find the right flavors for me and have settled with creme, chocolate, and a couple tobacco flavors. I think I have about 10 bottles sitting in a cabinet that I may never vape again. It's definitely been a long learning curve to find what I enjoy. I cannot vape RY4, and tried four different brands. However I love Tribecca from Halo, which is kinda like an RY4. All I can say is taste truly is subjective and finding what works for you will take some time.

As for the mini Protank I agree the draw is very airy but can be fixed by adding additional flavor wicks. I have both the mini and Pro tank 2 and have come to love them over all the other clearomizer/glassomizer's. For me the most attractive thing with the Kanger tanks is rebuilding the coils. It took some time but I have mastered the micro coil at around 1.5 ohms with a cotton wick. It has the best flavor and nice vapor production on all my PV's, even on my Ego Twist!

BooBoo888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
PA, USA
I started on strong menthol since that's what I used to smoke, but got sick of that one trick pony fast when I realized how much I loved creamy, bakery and creamy fruit vapes. I never tried any tobaccos and have no real desire to at this time, and straight fruits just don't seem to do it for me.

Also, I have only tried one tank so far, the mini Pro Tank 2, and have had a hassle-free, satisfying experience with it and would definitely recommend.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I think it's important to have several flavors at your disposal so that you're not vaping the same one constantly- it's too easy to become bored with it.
You need something to break it up and give your tongue something new to enjoy.

Initially when I began I had one bottle of Apple Pie.
As delicious as it was I found myself sometimes either enjoying it or not being able to taste it.
I don't yet have an all day vape cause there's too many flavors left to try.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
Going to get an iClear 30 and see how a warmer top-coil vape does on flavor. But sometimes you just have to chase other things if the juice or the flavor isn't cutting it for you. For example, one thing you might find you enjoy just as much as a good flavor/juice is some GOOD throat hit. It's quite satisfying as well.

I had 2 iClear 30's start to leak last week a day apart. Honestly, it was a godsend. I found flavors really muted in it and actually prefer clearos to them.

SharonH

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
Ontario, Canada & California
For the OP - I have around 40 flavors. In the 12+ weeks of vaping, every 2-3 weeks I've been ordering a bunch of 5-12 ml bottles of assorted flavors along with 1-3 20-30 ml of ones I know I like. I probably vape 3-4 flavors a day in 10-12 mg and have 24 mg butterscotch loaded in an ego when I need a stronger hit. I find different flavors like this keep me interested more. Plus even if I don't like one, it's not a huge loss with small bottles. I'll eventually get through them all.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Love reading everyones input-I am so anxiously awaiting for my new juices in the mail from Ec blend and Ahulsion. I am so so sick of grape and watermelon jolly rancher. I have a few other but hate them. So while I wait i went to a local shop in search of a chocolate mint of some sort . No luck. Our local shops juices are gross. So I settled on a peach pineapple ice and also bought the Viva Nova. But all I can taste is menthol and a horrible plastic taste. Hooo Hum.

katann23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
I've been vaping two years. I'd say for the first year and a half I went through flavors like crazy. I was lucky to find the right setup for me within a few months (Provari w/ carto tank), so I've really not changed hardware for a very long time.

It's funny though now, I find myself changing flavors a lot less often. I have about 5 go to flavors, but it's not unusual for me to vape the same flavor for a few days at a time. I still order new juices from time to time, but truthfully, if I had to stick with what I have in my regular rotation now forever, I'd be fine.

Fwiw, my regular vapes are:

1. Ahlusion Mango Lassi
2. Ahlusion Sweet Surrender
3. Vape-a-licious Pomberry Twist
4. AiV - Twas Brillig
5. Vape Dudes Pumpkin Cheesecake or AiV Pumkin' Tumble

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Love reading everyones input-I am so anxiously awaiting for my new juices in the mail from Ec blend and Ahulsion. I am so so sick of grape and watermelon jolly rancher. I have a few other but hate them. So while I wait i went to a local shop in search of a chocolate mint of some sort . No luck. Our local shops juices are gross. So I settled on a peach pineapple ice and also bought the Viva Nova. But all I can taste is menthol and a horrible plastic taste. Hooo Hum.

Best chocolate mint I have found is a bit pricey but taste like the best Andes mint you've ever had in your life! It's called Queenside from 5 Pawns. All of their flavors are delicious. It's my once in a while vape lol. :)

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
I don't know if I want 1 adv but a family of adv's is nice, I like variety I suppose and I don't like vapor's tongue/fatigue/tastebuds over saturated by one flavor alone-I can meander in the flavor families I prefer and not get bored-yet. but I am looking for a better vape from equipment-I use evods and have a protank-i am looking at the aspires and auroras-I just want more saturated flavor that's primarily my quest, and not have to tinker and bicker with stuff-I want something simple and good-not a cloud producer just something that really makes the taste amazing and pronounced. I can tell the stuff is great with the evods, but I have a feeling I can find something better -heck i read about the reos-i mean they sound the best for flavor in the vape world, but might be too confusing for me at this stage. and I NEED something that works with my long lasting mvp 2(I heard aurora doesn't fit it well-wahhhh!)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Well the best flavor is, and always will be, "more than one". I find that no matter what the flavor that after a while they loose their taste, so I always have at least three contrasting flavors going. (that way you just have to have more than one PV) :lol:

One thing I think many fail to recognize is that nicotine is also a flavor. So it's a mistake not to try some "unflavored" e-liquid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread