Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Been a member for a while and spent the last few days looking over this thread. Thought I would join in and share my story. I started vaping in Nov 2014. I went a week with no coffin nails with no problems or withdrawls at all, even at work. I was using cheap ce4's and 650 mah egos. I had a couple of friends over that I've known almost the whole time I've been a smoker, I let one of them light a cigarette in my house and that was it, I asked her for one and was back up to a PAD that day. I was formerly 2 packs a day, so I didn't slip too far back. Since then the longest I've went without one is like 12 hours. At home I seem to do fine vaping, it's at work where I have the issues. My work is very high stress that used to send me out frequently for cigarettes. When I am at work I smoke. I'm not sure what is wrong, and why I can't do like I did that first week.

Here is the equipment I currently have along with about 100 bottles of premixed juice in as many flavors.
Juice Delivery Systems:
Atlantis (which I hate cause it spits hot juice no matter what I do)
Orchid V6 Buillt at .9
Omega RDA built at 1.9
Mutation RDA built at 1.9
Cloupor Cloutank C2's (love these though hard to find) Adjustable airflow
Mini and Regular Protank 2's
and a multitude of ce4s

Batteries/Mods
2 spinners
mini and 20w i stick
nemesis
and an mvp2

The juice I have is 0-36 mg. I have tried it all with no luck, especially at work. I have tried WTA's and that doesn't even help. I have one of about every flavor profile. I even DIY some of my juice. I still smoke somewhere under a pack a day and I have a panic attack if I don't have a pack beside me. I really want to quit. I have smoked since I was 12, I'm 36 now. My mother who had smoked for many more years than me quit in January 2015 by using equipment I gave her. Both of my grandmothers died young, in thier 60s, and 2 other family members in thier 40s from respiratory diseases caused by smoking, I really want to make this work as I have a young son and want him to have his mother when he gets older.

If WTA didn't help at all, then I would say that the problem is not physical dependence, but entirely psychological -- which isn't really surprising, it seems that most of the cigarette habit is psychological. It's really a matter of, a) really wanting to quit -- wanting it so much you're willing to suffer to some extent -- b) allowing the vaping to take smoking's place -- because as long as you tell yourself that it's just not enough, it won't be; and c) giving yourself the excuse to smoke. Once you take that option *completely* off the table, much of the desire for it goes away.

Just my own experience with coming back from relapse...

Andria

leanns480

Nov 3, 2014
Tennessee
That very first week I didn't even have any cigarettes around me. I was smoking RYO and walked by the machine, tobacco and tubes several times a day and never even got the urge to have one. That's one reason why I got ce4s again, that first week that was all I used with little 650 mah egos. I thought if I went back to that set up, except with the spinners this time as I no longer have the egos, that I could do it. I am going to have to just suffer through the panic attacks and not let my hubby go get me cigarettes. When I have one because I don't have any he can't stand to see me suffering and is my enabler.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Welcome, leanns. I also had a difficult time quitting. I smoked for 42 years and by the time I tried vaping (for the 3rd time over the span of 4 years) I had worked my way up to 3 to 4 packs a day. On my last attempt I was able to wean myself down to about a pack a day over a few months, but I still continued to smoke almost exclusively at work.

Unlike you I don't have a stressful job (mostly boring) but I worked closely with smokers and we took our smoke breaks together. Even though I used a Sigelei Zmax VV/VW mod it just didn't cut it when my coworkers were smoking. It was suggested to me to get a cigalike to use at work so I would experience the look and feel of a real cigarette while "smoking" with smokers. It seemed like a step down but I gave it a try anyway. Lo and behold it worked for me. I was able to have the cigarette experience without actually smoking.

The day I started using my eRoll at work was the first day I was cigarette-free and have continued to be ever since. I don't even use my eRoll anymore and am perfectly comfortable using big box mods at work right next to smokers. I don't know if it would work for you or not since it depends on each individual's needs and triggers. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes it's something you wouldn't expect that can get you over that hump.

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Another thing that enabled me to quit smoking was my participation in this thread. People here understand what you're going through. I'd dare to say that none of us here quit "by accident" like many others seem to have done. We struggled...and some are still struggling. Pop in and let us know if you're having a good day or a bad day so others here can give you support, pats on the back or kudos, depending on what's happening. We love to commiserate or celebrate even small successes. We're like AA...but for smokers (SA?), and it made a world of difference to me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That very first week I didn't even have any cigarettes around me. I was smoking RYO and walked by the machine, tobacco and tubes several times a day and never even got the urge to have one. That's one reason why I got ce4s again, that first week that was all I used with little 650 mah egos. I thought if I went back to that set up, except with the spinners this time as I no longer have the egos, that I could do it. I am going to have to just suffer through the panic attacks and not let my hubby go get me cigarettes. When I have one because I don't have any he can't stand to see me suffering and is my enabler.

Could be that just having them could relieve the panic -- I still have my last open pk in the freezer, because the idea of having none available and being here all day with no car, makes me completely panicky. As long as they're here, I have the choice -- and I choose to vape, because it's *better*.

Andria

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I rolled my own cigarettes for several years because I smoked so much I couldn't afford store bought ones. I kept the last pack I rolled at work for close to a year before I got rid of them. Then I got rid of my rolling machine soon after that. I believe that if I hadn't kept them I would have panicked, too. I think it's a smoker's state of mind to always know there's a smoke available if needed, the difference being whether or not you choose to smoke it.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I let hubby hide them once and it triggered a panic. If I put them away somewhere (like the freezer or car) maybe it wouldn't be as bad.

I think that's a good idea. When he hid them they weren't accessible to you so it probably felt like you couldn't have one if you really needed it. This way you know where they are and can make the choice to smoke one or not. If you do choose to smoke one, don't beat yourself up too bad about it. Around here it's more about the ones you don't smoke than the ones you do.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Mine are in the freezer, right behind my stash of nicotine. :D So the only time I even see them is if I'm adding some to the box, but now that I've started a 2nd box, I won't even need to see them then; they're behind the first box which I won't need to remove unless/until I actually need to get into it -- for my regular day-to-day vaping/mixing, I just add whatever is left in the 120ml bottle after filling 3 30ml bottles *all* the way to the top (6 months' worth of nicotine) -- which works to about 34.5ml actually -- into the "for use" bottle I keep in the fridge. But everytime I've encountered that now-9-month-old pk of smokes in there, I've just smiled and felt like doing a little dance -- free at last! They don't own me anymore! :banana:

Andria

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
How did you do that Topdogie01? I'm afraid if I install the new Tapatalk it will uninstall my old version 2.
I use android, so if you have a fruit device im not sure if you can or if will be this easy.

My device is rooted, but its not needed if you have the apk (installer) for the version you want.

If rooted use a file browser and go to /data/app/ and copy the tapatalk one (mine is com.quoord.tapatalkpro) to your sd card (or anywhere else you can find it again.

If you are not rooted but have the apk, then proceed just make sure you know where the file is (I make a folder called "apps to install" on my sd card so I find them easily)

Go to Settings, Application Manager, Tapatalk and tap on clear data.

Update tapatalk. Set up an account or sign into your tapatalk account. (If you already have an account it should bring up ecf automagically) then search for ecf and add the fourms again. Can sign in with your forum details now or after you reinstall the old version. (Shouldn't matter, I waited until after because I couldn't get my old version to even search for forums)

Now that we have tapatalk and ecf working together again, lets open Settings (the android app, not in tapatalk), go to Security, and make sure Unknown Sources is enabled. (Needs to be since the old version of tapatalk is not being installed by the play store).

Now lets open our file browser and head to where we put our old tapatalk. Tap on the app, if it says this is a package installer, what would you like to do select install (cant remember if it normally says that or not) then open with package installer (again if it asks, I have too many development things on my tablet. ? I cant click on a link without it asking 4 times what app I want to use). It should then warn you that this will replace another app and the data will be saved. Allow it and let it install your old version again. Now you can open tapatalk and log into ecf and tweak your settings to how you like it.

And before we are fully done, lets head back to Settings, Security, and disable (uncheck) outside sources if you need to.
(DARK MODE SHERRI!!)

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Lox's tapatalk was not an issue yet mine was. I cleared the cache as recommended and rebooted my iphone - no go......so then those in the tapatalk thread recommended I not delete the program but remove ECF from it - then add it back in - that worked. I noticed on my laptop my bookmark wasn't working.....there was a number attached to the address under the new software vs the old software, so I'm thinking it's the links that have changed generally. Reinstalling ECF on tapatalk addressed the issue I suppose.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I use android, so if you have a fruit device im not sure if you can or if will be this easy.

My device is rooted, but its not needed if you have the apk (installer) for the version you want.

If rooted use a file browser and go to /data/app/ and copy the tapatalk one (mine is com.quoord.tapatalkpro) to your sd card (or anywhere else you can find it again.

If you are not rooted but have the apk, then proceed just make sure you know where the file is (I make a folder called "apps to install" on my sd card so I find them easily)

Go to Settings, Application Manager, Tapatalk and tap on clear data.

Update tapatalk. Set up an account or sign into your tapatalk account. (If you already have an account it should bring up ecf automagically) then search for ecf and add the fourms again. Can sign in with your forum details now or after you reinstall the old version. (Shouldn't matter, I waited until after because I couldn't get my old version to even search for forums)

Now that we have tapatalk and ecf working together again, lets open Settings (the android app, not in tapatalk), go to Security, and make sure Unknown Sources is enabled. (Needs to be since the old version of tapatalk is not being installed by the play store).

Now lets open our file browser and head to where we put our old tapatalk. Tap on the app, if it says this is a package installer, what would you like to do select install (cant remember if it normally says that or not) then open with package installer (again if it asks, I have too many development things on my tablet. ? I cant click on a link without it asking 4 times what app I want to use). It should then warn you that this will replace another app and the data will be saved. Allow it and let it install your old version again. Now you can open tapatalk and log into ecf and tweak your settings to how you like it.

And before we are fully done, lets head back to Settings, Security, and disable (uncheck) outside sources if you need to.
(DARK MODE SHERRI!!)
Wow! Thank you for all this. I'm not sure if I can access the apk again. I uploaded it to mega and hopefully Dropbox but I forgot my mega account info. If it's on Dropbox I can maybe try this. Yes, it's also an Android phone. Thank you again for typing all this out. I hope I can give it a try. :)

VoodooZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Muncie, Indiana, USA
The new forum looks so weird. O.O

But it has been a really long week thus far, still off the cigs for now. And sadly, I didn't meet my goal of being off nicotine. That is something that I am going to have to work on in the future. I get too jittery without it. And very frusterated and aggressive.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Thank you everyone for the help, I will try these suggestions (hiding them from myself and using the cigalike at work) and see what happens. I will be frequenting this thread.:vapor:
Welcome!

Keep at it and keep coming back here! Took me 7 months, as a dual user, before I gave up the stinkies. Just past my 6th month smoke free! :D

You can do it! :thumb:

Last edited:

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
@leanns480
Please know that you are not alone. I myself am a dual.user and many here can attest that I too struggle, but they are such a wonderful group of people. I even went away for a while because I felt guilty for smoking... Weird right?

I also get frustrated with people that just pick up an ecig and it's all magical for them and they quite smoking...
But I think a few people here hit the nail on the head, it is more that a physical addiction at least it is for me...
If I have a pack around I smoke them, when there is not I panic. I stopped smoking for I think it was at most two weeks a little more, but I had to push my own boundaries to see if I could only smoke one more, just one....ugh we all know how that story ends where I am still a dual user. I am working on it though

Andrea is right wta works very well for people, it does not for me I prefer net. Please send me a pm if you want to try wta I would be happy to send some along. Also are you a flavor chased by chance? Curious because I am and I get very bored very quickly... So I get a lot of juice and after I do a tank or three i get bored... Then I feel guilty for buying more juice and equipment, and drip tips and more equipment did I mention juice?

Anyway that's I all have to say about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread