Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I don't see what the big deal is about smoking a cigarette every now and then. I completely quit for about a year, then smoked a few on holiday. Now I smoke 5-6 cigarettes when I am in Prague, which is about every 6 months. I don't smoke at all in the US and don't crave cigarettes here. There's just something about being in Prague with a pint of Pilsner Urquell which makes me want a cigarette, so I smoke a few. No need to feel guilty about it. I also only drink on holiday. It's a pleasure I'm just not ready to give up completely, and I'm fine with it...

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
It's nice that some people can smoke a cigarette now and then and not worry about going off the deep end. Others simply can't do that and 1 cigarette leads to another and another until they're back smoking full time. If someone is fine with being a dual user and using vaping to cut back on cigarettes smoked I'm fine with that. But if their goal is to completely quit I respect that, too.

No one here needs to feel guilty or embarrassed about smoking...or not smoking for that matter. Just as the ease or difficulty of quitting is different for everyone, so is the ability to smoke now and then without a problem. I don't know if I could do it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It's nice that some people can smoke a cigarette now and then and not worry about going off the deep end. Others simply can't do that and 1 cigarette leads to another and another until they're back smoking full time. If someone is fine with being a dual user and using vaping to cut back on cigarettes smoked I'm fine with that. But if their goal is to completely quit I respect that, too.

No one here needs to feel guilty or embarrassed about smoking...or not smoking for that matter. Just as the ease or difficulty of quitting is different for everyone, so is the ability to smoke now and then without a problem. I don't know if I could do it.

I couldn't. Just opening the door for "just one"... that 3 yr old in my head starts going "time for a smoke?" every 3 minutes. When I try to ignore it, then it's "Is it time NOW?" "How about NOW?" "HOW ABOUT RIGHT NOW?!?!" :facepalm:

"Just one" is the worst possible trap -- and in your heart, you know that. "Just one" isn't cheating anyone but yourself -- because "just one" leads to another "just one" which leads to another "just one".... at some point, if you really want to quit, you have to draw the line, tell the 3 yr old "no, not just one, not just one puff, not anything -- now shut up and deal with it". My experience really was that once I took that option completely off the table -- no smoking, no "just one", not at all, never again... that 3 yr old shut the hell up. And for 10 days, perfect happiness, vaping, no smoking... and then the cravings came back, even though I didn't WANT to smoke -- which told me it was a physical craving, not psychological -- and that's where WTA is helpful. It won't do one thing about psychological addiction -- but if the mind is made up, but cravings persist, THEN WTA can help a great deal.

Andria

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Ok, quick update:

The court has rescinded the order to suspend my license until at least June 25th, my next court date, and that major hurdle is passed without problem. My lawyer thinks he can convince the S.A. to be lenient due to other issues and is confident that the whole thing can be resolved by the next court date. I'll cross my fingers and not hold my breath lol.

Other than that, I hate playing preschool teacher to squabbling *experts* who forget the ultimate goal and rather argue with increasingly bigger words. Get over it folks, it's about something more than ego... lol!

Ok, enough rant, everybody ok?

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I don't see what the big deal is about smoking a cigarette every now and then. I completely quit for about a year, then smoked a few on holiday. Now I smoke 5-6 cigarettes when I am in Prague, which is about every 6 months. I don't smoke at all in the US and don't crave cigarettes here. There's just something about being in Prague with a pint of Pilsner Urquell which makes me want a cigarette, so I smoke a few. No need to feel guilty about it. I also only drink on holiday. It's a pleasure I'm just not ready to give up completely, and I'm fine with it...
I'm glad that works for you. I really am.

I was always jealous of peeps who only smoke socially or on special occasions. Less so, now that I have vaping. :D
Smoking "socially" was how my full-time habit started. Every time I successfully quit smoking, the thing that led me back was that ONE I thought I could get away with. I know better now, so I wouldn't smoke a cig, unless I was ready to fall off the wagon. :2c:

etherealink - May the force be with!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I
I'm glad that works for you. I really am.

I was always jealous of peeps who only smoke socially or on special occasions. Less so, now that I have vaping. :D
Smoking "socially" was how my full-time habit started. Every time I successfully quit smoking, the thing that led me back was that ONE I thought I could get away with. I know better now, so I wouldn't smoke a cig, unless I was ready to fall off the wagon. :2c:

etherealink - May the force be with!

I wasnt an occasiobal smoker. I smoked a pack a day for 20 years...

leanns480

Nov 3, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah I think you and I are similar in our journey.
have you tried NET juice? i might suggest give it a try!
I haven't tried it yet. I have all this juice I hate to spend money on more especially since I have the diy stuff.

Edited to add: Well, I placed the order anyway. I have 2 different net juices on the way

Last edited:

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Been out of touch for a little while....no Internet access, work and other assorted good stuff. I'm smoking like a chimney right now. I'm SO ...... at myself.
Hi Rotowoman. Sorry to hear you fell off the wagon. But you'll get back on when you're ready. Think of all the cigarettes you didn't smoke while you were vaping. It still puts you ahead of the game.

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Been out of touch for a little while....no Internet access, work and other assorted good stuff. I'm smoking like a chimney right now. I'm SO ...... at myself.
Just think of it this way, you *know* you *can* quit. When the time is right, Nirvana will smile again and it'll be all good. Don't rush it, don't stress. Glad to have you back.

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
I haven't tried it yet. I have all this juice I hate to spend money on more especially since I have the diy stuff.

Edited to add: Well, I placed the order anyway. I have 2 different net juices on the way
Leanns I am glad to hear that! The net for me help to calm the cravings a bit.

Rotowoman I understand work is a huge trigger for me as well.

Hugs

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I got the 'cloudflare' error page -- TRACERT and PING said the www for ECF was working just fine, so I figured it must be that monster DB. But would it have KILLED them to post a little note about it on FB? I think not.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread