Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Got my NET juices in today and it may really work... It tastes just like a cowboy killer. I haven't smoked one since mid day yesterday

Great! I have my fingers crossed that it works for you. Keep us posted. :D

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
My cravings have been terrible and today has been stressful. I rolled two cigarettes. I only had two drags and had to put it out. So bitter and harsh. I realize I'm craving a pleasure that no longer exists. There's nothing pleasant about smoking at all. But I still have the cravings. What is wrong with me. Yes, I still plan to try WTA.

Reactions: Thayamax

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I realize I'm craving a pleasure that no longer exists.

That's an excellent way to put what you're feeling. vaping is replacing cigarettes for you and you find it much more enjoyable than smoking. That's at least half the battle. Hopefully WTA will help with the cravings if increasing your nicotine level isn't working. Keep trying...you'll find the right combination that works for you.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
That's an excellent way to put what you're feeling. vaping is replacing cigarettes for you and you find it much more enjoyable than smoking. That's at least half the battle. Hopefully WTA will help with the cravings if increasing your nicotine level isn't working. Keep trying...you'll find the right combination that works for you.
Thanks. :) I'm not sure how I've managed this but I want to go back to it and can't now. But my protanks have gotten very hard to draw, like sucking a golf ball through a straw. Any suggestions? Thanks. I do have other tanks, I just haven't gotten around to cleaning them yet.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
But my protanks have gotten very hard to draw, like sucking a golf ball through a straw.

Have you tried a new coil? Coils get gunked up after a while and it restricts the airflow. If your ProTanks have silica wicks you can dry burn them to burn off the gunk. Some people soak the heads in vodka to get rid of it.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Have you tried a new coil? Coils get gunked up after a while and it restricts the airflow. If your ProTanks have silica wicks you can dry burn them to burn off the gunk. Some people soak the heads in vodka to get rid of it.
That's what I was wondering, if I should change the coil, thanks. I'm beginning to see why everyone rebuilds, it does get expensive (or maybe it only seems that way on top of everything else I spent). I have vodka on my list of stuff to buy but none in the house yet. I don't know how to dry burn yet. Thanks again. :)

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Puff,

Basic dryburning means pull the coil head out of the tank (on a protank just leave the coil itself on the base) and gently pulse it. When it stops vaping the juice it's about as clean as you can get.

With a coil on a silica wick, try not to let the coil glow or heat up much as you dry burn or it will scorch the wick and ruin the flavor permanently.

The airflow is what makes it feel like sucking a golfball through a slurpie straw. Do you have another tank you can try? If not I have a few "starter" rda's that I could send out with instructions and would take even a first-time builder mere moments to set up and will even work with an old-style ego battery.

Any questions just pm me.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
If you are changing the coils, save your old ones. You can rebuild them later when you get into it, or if you decide to get a different rebuildable (tank or dripper) you could pif the ol heads to someone who can rebuild them. I piffed all of my old heads to family to get them started and rebuilt the coils until they upgraded.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I used ProTanks for over a year when I started vaping. I only stopped when I switched to the Kayfun Lite +. Here's a video on how to clean the ProTank and dry burn the coils. It really makes the coils last a long time. The process is the same for the ProTank 2 and possibly the 3 as well the mini.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Speaking of coils and such, I have some new protank coils and an aerotank that I'd love to get rid of that I have no use for. If anyone is interested, just let me know.

Feel free to post any gear or juice in the appropriate PIF forum threads. It's a great way to swap with other members or donate to help other vapers in need. The link to the PIF forum threads is in my signature. :cool:

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Puff,

Basic dryburning means pull the coil head out of the tank (on a protank just leave the coil itself on the base) and gently pulse it. When it stops vaping the juice it's about as clean as you can get.

With a coil on a silica wick, try not to let the coil glow or heat up much as you dry burn or it will scorch the wick and ruin the flavor permanently.

The airflow is what makes it feel like sucking a golfball through a slurpie straw. Do you have another tank you can try? If not I have a few "starter" rda's that I could send out with instructions and would take even a first-time builder mere moments to set up and will even work with an old-style ego battery.

Any questions just pm me.
Thank you etherealink! I do have other tanks here, I've just been dragging my feet on cleaning them for some reason. Will dry burning remove gunk from the area around the coil as well? Thanks. :)

Reactions: etherealink

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I used ProTanks for over a year when I started vaping. I only stopped when I switched to the Kayfun Lite +. Here's a video on how to clean the ProTank and dry burn the coils. It really makes the coils last a long time. The process is the same for the ProTank 2 and possibly the 3 as well the mini.

Thank you for posting the video! Hopefully I can resurrect the protanks. :)

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Thank you etherealink! I do have other tanks here, I've just been dragging my feet on cleaning them for some reason. Will dry burning remove gunk from the area around the coil as well? Thanks. :)
On the coil yea, on the wicks most likely not.

Straight pg does well too. The basic idea works mainly with the coil

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California

Thanks for that! Hard to believe I've been re-wicking PT coils, but never dry burned any! :facepalm:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Feel free to post any gear or juice in the appropriate PIF forum threads. It's a great way to swap with other members or donate to help other vapers in need. The link to the PIF forum threads is in my signature. :cool:

P.S. When I said "appropriate thread" I didn't mean to say this thread was inappropriate to offer your friends here a gift. I meant that if you post offers in the PIF forum threads, to make sure you find the appropriate thread depending on whether you want to swap gear or juice or make a donation through the Treasure Chest, etc. :D

Reactions: Puff2K

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
P.S. When I said "appropriate thread" I didn't mean to say this thread was inappropriate to offer your friends here a gift. I meant that if you post offers in the PIF forum threads, to make sure you find the appropriate thread depending on whether you want to swap gear or juice or make a donation through the Treasure Chest, etc. :D
I knew what you meant, thayamax! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread