Status
Not open for further replies.

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
Puff my offer still stands for the wta I personally am not using and if can help someone else I would be happy to send some along! I understand the struggle!
This last week has been horrible I have literally gone back to full time smoking ugh...
Not sure what my issue is maybe a juice change?

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Puff my offer still stands for the wta I personally am not using and if can help someone else I would be happy to send some along! I understand the struggle!
This last week has been horrible I have literally gone back to full time smoking ugh...

Sounds like a juice change and maybe a temp nic boost? Try cleaning all your gear, especially the attys, recoil, rewick, fresh/new batteries, etc. Drastically change your flavor; tobacco to fruit, fruit to desserts, etc., sweet to savory tobacco or citrus.

Also, what you eat and drink will affect your vape taste. Pay attention to that and greatly increase your water intake.

Hope this vape slump is a short one. Just remember that this, too, will pass. One morning you will wake up and everything will taste great again.

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
Shari always sound advice!

I need to put my mind to it and do it... I was doing great for a bit but then fell.
I also started therapy so that is hard opening old wounds.... And working through them.
We do talk about smoking but she says to be easy on myself right now.
And we have a strategy.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
That's so nice of you! I'm sorry to hear you're back smoking full time but you'll get back to vaping I'm sure. What mod are you using? I'm not fully satisfied with my vape (vapers tongue and bad coils lol) but it's still easier to deal with for me than smoking my roll your own tobacco. Still I do get the cigarette cravings. Maybe you should switch up your juice as everyone says and try it again?

Reactions: TxTigger

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
To all my wonderful Peeps,
Does anyone know why they (being venders) would sell drip tips for a ViVi Nova? From what I could tell, the Novas are top coil atomizers. Unless the name "ViVi Nova" is a brand name like "Joye", I don't get it. Could someone straighten me out on this? And please try to use small words I'm electronically disabled. LOL ;-)
Thanks in advanced,
Tiggs,
p..s.
Are there no dripping atomizers that you can buy pre-built coils for? I might be willing to pay someone to make them for me at first if it was cost efficient. Just for a while for me to see if this is still going to work for me, because if I don't figure out how to get the throat hit l'm looking for, e-ciggs may never work for me. :-( Or should I not worry about dripping. Would my money be better spent if I were to save up for a mod? I have no idea what I'm talking about. What's the next step up from a variable voltage ego? I need more of something. I haven't tried WTAs yet, but I figure I should wait till I get done moving up a notch or two and I'm really happy with both form and function of my equipment, which I'm just ok with now. The egos and spinners aren't very consistant. I've found the dripping to give more consistant draws, personally. Hell, my p.s. is longer than my dang original message! What a dork I am! XOXO

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
To all my wonderful Peeps,
Does anyone know why they (being venders) would sell drip tips for a ViVi Nova? From what I could tell, the Novas are top coil atomizers. Unless the name "ViVi Nova" is a brand name like "Joye", I don't get it. Could someone straighten me out on this? And please try to use small words I'm electronically disabled. LOL ;-)
Thanks in advanced,
Tiggs,
p..s.
Are there no dripping atomizers that you can buy pre-built coils for? I might be willing to pay someone to make them for me at first if it was cost efficient. Just for a while for me to see if this is still going to work for me, because if I don't figure out how to get the throat hit l'm looking for, e-ciggs may never work for me. :-( Or should I not worry about dripping. Would my money be better spent if I were to save up for a mod? I have no idea what I'm talking about. What's the next step up from a variable voltage ego? I need more of something. I haven't tried WTAs yet, but I figure I should wait till I get done moving up a notch or two and I'm really happy with both form and function of my equipment, which I'm just ok with now. The egos and spinners aren't very consistant. I've found the dripping to give more consistant draws, personally. Hell, my p.s. is longer than my dang original message! What a dork I am! XOXO

Hmm.. actually I did see one yesterday, a new small RDA from kanger, that comes with one coil pre-installed... would that suffice? I'll go find that link...

Andria

Reactions: Puff2K

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
Andria,
I was thinking about replacement coils, like for when the original needs to be replaced. How long should one last? I got the impression they have to be replacef often. Thanks for going through all the trouble to find the link for me. I really appreciate it. I've a aot Dr. apt. so I gotta run. I'll check back l8r.
Ty,
Tiggs

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria,
How are you today?

I'm great actually; I went out and got the emissions test and the tag to get the truck legal... and got home about 10 mins before the bottom fell out of a truly impressive thunderstorm... impressive enough to send my cat hiding under the bed, anyway. :D Glad I wasn't driving in that crap, it looked like the kind of rain that prevents you from seeing the hood ornament of your vehicle, nevermind whatever is in front of you. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria,
I was thinking about replacement coils, like for when the original needs to be replaced. How long should one last? I got the impression they have to be replacef often. Thanks for going through all the trouble to find the link for me. I really appreciate it. I've a aot Dr. apt. so I gotta run. I'll check back l8r.
Ty,
Tiggs

Actually most coils themselves don't need replacing too often, if the wire is bigger than 32ga; 32ga coils don't last long, the wire is so fine, but most of thicker wire last a while. I had some 29ga coils last more than 3 months.

Also, it's possible to buy pre-made coils, and all you'd have to do is attach them -- I found this link on eBay -- RBA RDA Coils 10 Pre Built Coils Kanthal 1 3 Ohm US Seller 4 Wick | eBay -- and those are 1.3Ω coils, none of that sub-ohm crap; just $3.50 for a pack of 10!

Andria

Reactions: ShariR

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
Andria,
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Everyone/Anyone,
But nobody's offered up any advice about whether I should be thinking about spending my money on something all together completely different, like an I-stick (sp). OR.......maybe I will need both anyways and so it really doesn't matter and I'm making myself neurotic about the whole thing for not. That's one of my extra special skills. Over-thinking stuff until I get locked down and can't decide my way out of a wet paper bag! *g* I don't know if it's cuz I'm too smart for my own good or too dumb to be thinking? ;-)
Forever confused,
Tiggs

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria,
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Everyone/Anyone,
But nobody's offered up any advice about whether I should be thinking about spending my money on something all together completely different, like an I-stick (sp). OR.......maybe I will need both anyways and so it really doesn't matter and I'm making myself neurotic about the whole thing for not. That's one of my extra special skills. Over-thinking stuff until I get locked down and can't decide my way out of a wet paper bag! *g* I don't know if it's cuz I'm too smart for my own good or too dumb to be thinking? ;-)
Forever confused,
Tiggs

I don't really find the iStick all that "different"... it's a different shape, but it's still a variable regulated mod, which is actually very comfortable in the hand. and they're not too expensive -- the 30w iStick with full kit is about $34 at MtBakerVapor.

I highly don't recommend anyone getting an iStick50w until they figure out what the hell is wrong with them and fix them; just too many problems with those, auto-firing, starting fires, or just not working. The iStick 30w is the best of them; it will step down, so that low wattage vaping is possible, (the 20w will not), and it doesn't have so many problems as the 50w.

It's definitely a better mod than the spinner, if you want to start learning how to build coils, or use an RTA/RDA in any fashion, because the battery can handle pretty much whatever you throw at it, safely -- I'm guessing you don't want to do the super-low sub-ohm thing. :D And the battery life is outstanding, FARRRRRRR longer than any ego/spinner/winder what-have-you.

The coil-building thing only *seems* intimidating because it's probably something entirely new -- I was terrified of it. It's nothing but wrapping a wire around a drill bit and then fastening it to 2 screws (in some fashion, they all differ slightly in that regard), and sticking some cotton inside it. The wicking is actually rather more challenging than the coil building or mounting, but once you do it a few times, you start to get a feel for how much is just enough. And the improvement in the vape is just unbelievable, worth every bit of initial angst and cussing fumbley's. :D

Andria

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I don't really find the iStick all that "different"... it's a different shape, but it's still a variable regulated mod, which is actually very comfortable in the hand. and they're not too expensive -- the 30w iStick with full kit is about $34 at MtBakerVapor.

I highly don't recommend anyone getting an iStick50w until they figure out what the hell is wrong with them and fix them; just too many problems with those, auto-firing, starting fires, or just not working. The iStick 30w is the best of them; it will step down, so that low wattage vaping is possible, (the 20w will not), and it doesn't have so many problems as the 50w.

It's definitely a better mod than the spinner, if you want to start learning how to build coils, or use an RTA/RDA in any fashion, because the battery can handle pretty much whatever you throw at it, safely -- I'm guessing you don't want to do the super-low sub-ohm thing. :D And the battery life is outstanding, FARRRRRRR longer than any ego/spinner/winder what-have-you.

The coil-building thing only *seems* intimidating because it's probably something entirely new -- I was terrified of it. It's nothing but wrapping a wire around a drill bit and then fastening it to 2 screws (in some fashion, they all differ slightly in that regard), and sticking some cotton inside it. The wicking is actually rather more challenging than the coil building or mounting, but once you do it a few times, you start to get a feel for how much is just enough. And the improvement in the vape is just unbelievable, worth every bit of initial angst and cussing fumbley's. :D

Andria

I couldn't agree more with everything Andria said. I found that I needed more power pretty early on. I couldn't quit while using an ego and went back to smoking. When I tried again I went to a Sigelei Zmax that went to 15 watts. I continued my upward move through the iStick 20 until I settled on the Sigelei 100w plus and the Sigelei 150w box mods. I only vape at about 20 watts but I love the power being available and the solid feel of a big box mod.

I got a couple of Kayfuns and a couple of RDAs and started building my own coils. I was scared at first, but I watched several YouTube videos and then went for it. I can't even imagine using anything else. It really is very easy to do and the benefits are tremendous.

I say Go For It!!! :headbang:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I couldn't agree more with everything Andria said. I found that I needed more power pretty early on. I couldn't quit while using an ego and went back to smoking. When I tried again I went to a Sigelei Zmax that went to 15 watts. I continued my upward move through the iStick 20 until I settled on the Sigelei 100w plus and the Sigelei 150w box mods. I only vape at about 20 watts but I love the power being available and the solid feel of a big box mod.

I got a couple of Kayfuns and a couple of RDAs and started building my own coils. I was scared at first, but I watched several YouTube videos and then went for it. I can't even imagine using anything else. It really is very easy to do and the benefits are tremendous.

I say Go For It!!! :headbang:

I just vape around 10w or so, which could get tricky with the 20w, since it won't step down -- I'd have to build much higher resistance coils than I've been doing for more than 6 months, so the 30w suits me better because of its ability to step down. And using it at such relatively low power, the battery life is just tremendous -- all day long and it's still only doing two of those "flashy squares" when I plug it in to recharge.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread