Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
To all my wonderful Peeps,
Does anyone know why they (being venders) would sell drip tips for a ViVi Nova? From what I could tell, the Novas are top coil atomizers. Unless the name "ViVi Nova" is a brand name like "Joye", I don't get it. Could someone straighten me out on this? And please try to use small words I'm electronically disabled. LOL ;-)
Thanks in advanced,
Tiggs,
p..s.
Are there no dripping atomizers that you can buy pre-built coils for? I might be willing to pay someone to make them for me at first if it was cost efficient. Just for a while for me to see if this is still going to work for me, because if I don't figure out how to get the throat hit l'm looking for, e-ciggs may never work for me. :-( Or should I not worry about dripping. Would my money be better spent if I were to save up for a mod? I have no idea what I'm talking about. What's the next step up from a variable voltage ego? I need more of something. I haven't tried WTAs yet, but I figure I should wait till I get done moving up a notch or two and I'm really happy with both form and function of my equipment, which I'm just ok with now. The egos and spinners aren't very consistant. I've found the dripping to give more consistant draws, personally. Hell, my p.s. is longer than my dang original message! What a dork I am! XOXO

Hi, Tigg. Here are a couple of my thoughts on moving up from an Ego style VV device. Two of your cheaper options would be an MVP and an Istick. The MVP2, which I have is a very reliable device-but older. It is VV and VW (variable voltage and variable wattage). They have come out with newer ones, I think you can get one in the $40 up range. The Istick is another, newer vv/vw device that has more power, some up to 50 watts, last I saw. It may go higher now. The early ones ran hotter, the newer ones I hear are fine. More ability to sub ohm from what I understand. Price ranges from about $25-$30 and up. Real small and portable. A kayfun will work on it with a little overhang.

About pre-built coils. They are available from several vendors. The only one I remember off the top of my head is VaporDNA. They sell them in various ohms from .3 to 1.2ohms-10 for $4.99. There are others. You want Kanthal coils. The coils can go in most rebuildable attys and tank attys. The coils should last you a good month or 2. I have run one of my coils for over a month, just changing the wick a couple times a week in my Russian 91s and Kayfun Lite Plusv2. So pretty cheap.

I build my own coils, easy once you do it a few times. (And for me: you have a good light, strong reading glasses and a fairly steady hand to hold a tiny screwdriver and wrap the end of the coil around an equally tiny screw). I love building my own coils - I can make them any ohms I want them to be and it only takes me a few minutes now. Most of the time is spent getting the stupid thing mounted on the atty.

What is it that you are looking for for your vaping nirvana? Just throat hit? Try upping the pg, raising the nic, trying a tobacco or juice with cinnamon, or menthol. I know for me, in the beginning when I was quitting the cigarettes, I had to have a tobacco and I used 24mg nic. The fruits and desserts, etc. did not work to ease my cravings or satisfy my soul. Other people want to get as far away from tobacco as possible.

There are lots of new devices and lots of new attys out there. The cheapest way out is the MVP or Istick that I know are reliable, there are probably others that I am not up to date on. A rebuildable atty or tank atty is the cheapest way to go, once you put out the initial output for the atty. Good Kayfun clones are around $30 now.

The Nautilus is supposed to be a very good tank for flavor, but you have to buy the BVC heads and they run a few dollars each. And they do not last all that long from what I read, especially if you vape dark colored juices or sweet juices.

Maybe some others will lend their 2 cents to this discussion.

ETA - and I do see that you have had more input. Great! Tell us what you are thinking you want.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just a quick post . . .

memorial-day.jpg

cyberscooty-memorial-day.png

7.gif

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I read about a lot of people that have gone back to cigarettes while they are sick. They mention that they find it easier to smoke a cigarette than to vape. I think it has something to do with all those chemicals big tobacco puts in the cigarettes. Some of them are probably like anesthesia so you do not feel how harsh the smoke is.

When you are feeling better you can try vaping again. When I could not vape some liquids for a while I vaped some unflavored and lowered my nic content. I also vaped straight vg for a bit, but it does give me a heavy chest feeling.

The fact that you are here posting is a good sign. I hope you get to feeling better right quick. We are here for you if you need us.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
For me it was mainly because I didn't vape (or eat, or anything else) for 4 days, and after that, the vape tasted HORRIBLE, I couldn't tolerate it, but cravings were driving me bananas. So I went back to smoking while I tried to get my taste back for vaping -- that's also around the time I started trying out sweet flavors, and started vaping blueberry muffin instead of Virginia. A pineapple+koolada vape, and the blueberry muffin, were what finally enticed me back to enjoying vaping, though it was probably another month before I fully retired the Virginia.

Now, if I got sick, I'd vape if I had the strength to pick it up and raise it to my mouth; I never wanna have to do the quitting thing again!

Andria

freepoet

May 28, 2015
Spokane WA
@leanns480
Please know that you are not alone. I myself am a dual.user and many here can attest that I too struggle, but they are such a wonderful group of people. I even went away for a while because I felt guilty for smoking... Weird right?

I also get frustrated with people that just pick up an ecig and it's all magical for them and they quite smoking...
But I think a few people here hit the nail on the head, it is more that a physical addiction at least it is for me...
If I have a pack around I smoke them, when there is not I panic. I stopped smoking for I think it was at most two weeks a little more, but I had to push my own boundaries to see if I could only smoke one more, just one....ugh we all know how that story ends where I am still a dual user. I am working on it though

Andrea is right wta works very well for people, it does not for me I prefer net. Please send me a pm if you want to try wta I would be happy to send some along. Also are you a flavor chased by chance? Curious because I am and I get very bored very quickly... So I get a lot of juice and after I do a tank or three i get bored... Then I feel guilty for buying more juice and equipment, and drip tips and more equipment did I mention juice?

Anyway that's I all have to say about that
I'm 100% relating to your entire struggle

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Hello all, I just want to apologize to those that know me from before, when Jack died, I pretty much lost my mind, probably a nervous breakdown, I never told anyone, no doctors just made my own way through best I could. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I am doing a little better but I am just holding on and have a long way to go. I still vape and smoke but have renewed my interest in vaping a bit more strongly so I am hoping to finally quit smoking. I hope you are all well. Said my piece, had to get it off my chest.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
OMG, Karen!!! I'm so happy to see you again! My SO and I were just talking about you last night, wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to come back in and say hi. I can't begin to tell you how much I've missed you around here, as I'm sure all the old regulars have as well, albeit most of them have been MIA for a while now, too. :(

I wish you great success with your vaping and I hope you feel well enough to come back soon. Take care of yourself. I really miss you. :wub:

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
OMG, Karen!!! I'm so happy to see you again! My SO and I were just talking about you last night, wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to come back in and say hi. I can't begin to tell you how much I've missed you around here, as I'm sure all the old regulars have as well, albeit most of them have been MIA for a while now, too. :(

I wish you great success with your vaping and I hope you feel well enough to come back soon. Take care of yourself. I really miss you. :wub:

YOU know, I will always love you!!! I will be around, I just have to motivate myself, not an easy task at all. :)

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
YOU know, I will always love you!!! I will be around, I just have to motivate myself, not an easy task at all. :)

Back at ya, woman! I sure hope it's sooner than later, but I won't rush you. Just know I'll be here for you when you're up for it. :headbang:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN

Karen!!! So very good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you are doing. Good to hear you are getting back to vaping and let me know if you need an ear to listen. Take care and hope to talk to you soon.

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
I don't really find the iStick all that "different"... it's a different shape, but it's still a variable regulated mod, which is actually very comfortable in the hand. and they're not too expensive -- the 30w iStick with full kit is about $34 at MtBakerVapor.

I highly don't recommend anyone getting an iStick50w until they figure out what the hell is wrong with them and fix them; just too many problems with those, auto-firing, starting fires, or just not working. The iStick 30w is the best of them; it will step down, so that low wattage vaping is possible, (the 20w will not), and it doesn't have so many problems as the 50w.

It's definitely a better mod than the spinner, if you want to start learning how to build coils, or use an RTA/RDA in any fashion, because the battery can handle pretty much whatever you throw at it, safely -- I'm guessing you don't want to do the super-low sub-ohm thing. :D And the battery life is outstanding, FARRRRRRR longer than any ego/spinner/winder what-have-you.

The coil-building thing only *seems* intimidating because it's probably something entirely new -- I was terrified of it. It's nothing but wrapping a wire around a drill bit and then fastening it to 2 screws (in some fashion, they all differ slightly in that regard), and sticking some cotton inside it. The wicking is actually rather more challenging than the coil building or mounting, but once you do it a few times, you start to get a feel for how much is just enough. And the improvement in the vape is just unbelievable, worth every bit of initial angst and cussing fumbley's. :D

Andria

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
Hey Andria,
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but sometimes my communication skills are not so good, but they eventually come back and then life goes on. Anyways I really appreciate your input but what is a super-low sub-ohm thing? I didn't know isticks had problems, but I'm glad you told me before I got one. This is the whole reason I was asking about what my next step should be. I've been thinking about building coils and I figure "might as well jump in the pool with everybody else." If it doesn't work out well, I'll have at least tried. It surely won't kill me. ;-) And I really hope you or anyone else doesn't feel I'm taking your or anyone else on this forums kind advice for granted because it took me so long to respond. Please know that is not the case. I just happen to several health problems that make life more difficult for me to do what I want to do all the time. I wish I wasn't like this. It's only been like this for the last couple of years and I'm still not use to it. Anyways, please know that I mean you no disrespect and I feel very fortunate to have found a group that is so willing to help me, CUZ I NEED A LOT OF HELP! lol :)
Well, Defiance is coming on, gotta go watch it. I'm a SciFi nut.
Truly Yours,
Tiggs

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey Andria,
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but sometimes my communication skills are not so good, but they eventually come back and then life goes on. Anyways I really appreciate your input but what is a super-low sub-ohm thing? I didn't know isticks had problems, but I'm glad you told me before I got one. This is the whole reason I was asking about what my next step should be. I've been thinking about building coils and I figure "might as well jump in the pool with everybody else." If it doesn't work out well, I'll have at least tried. It surely won't kill me. ;-) And I really hope you or anyone else doesn't feel I'm taking your or anyone else on this forums kind advice for granted because it took me so long to respond. Please know that is not the case. I just happen to several health problems that make life more difficult for me to do what I want to do all the time. I wish I wasn't like this. It's only been like this for the last couple of years and I'm still not use to it. Anyways, please know that I mean you no disrespect and I feel very fortunate to have found a group that is so willing to help me, CUZ I NEED A LOT OF HELP! lol :)
Well, Defiance is coming on, gotta go watch it. I'm a SciFi nut.
Truly Yours,
Tiggs

That's the nice thing about the internet, forums, email, it goes at whatever speed the reader wants. :)

It's really not hard at all; it's just one of those "next" skills, after one figures out that hey, this vaping thing is great, but how can I make it even better? We all go thru that until we hit a point where we're totally satisfied with the vape we have, but even then, it's still fun at times to try new things. I've no interest at all in any tanks other than Kayfuns, but I try out new RDAs from time to time; it's fun, it teaches me something I didn't know before, and the clones don't cost a lot. And you never know, sometimes you find really great vapes that way, like the Magma -- best vaping RDA I've tried, but it leaks a little, so it can't be considered perfect! I have another new one on the way in fact, the Achilles RDA; it's titanium, single-coil, and a very tight draw I hear, and it holds 2.5ml! So I definitely had to try that one! :D

When you're first starting to build coils, it's always best to stay well above 1 ohm; if you're currently using 1.8-2.5 Ω type coils, then I'd recommend something about 1.5-1.8 Ω for your first coils, so you can see how you like the vape. 30ga wire would work, but I find that 29ga is actually better, because it's just slightly more sturdy and less prone to deforming just from pulling a soaked wick out.

As I said, the Magma vapes really well, and it's also pretty easy to build on, actually a bit easier than a Kayfun, which is what it most resembles, in terms of flavor, TH, and airflow. The Tobeco clone of the magma is going for around $13-$18, depending on where you look, so it's an inexpensive way to start out, and pretty easy.

The iStick30 is a very small mod, and my own experience after using one daily, almost continually, for about 2 months now, is that for the roughly $30 it costs, it's an excellent choice; no problems whatsoever. However there's another low-cost alternative that is probably much better quality, which can be bought for roughly $5 more, at VaporDNA -- the CoolFire IV -- 40w, just slightly bigger than an iStick30, though it's heavier. It's an Innokin, and they make excellent products. So far I'm very happy with mine (had it almost a week). :thumb:

Andria

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
Hi, Tigg. Here are a couple of my thoughts on moving up from an Ego style VV device. Two of your cheaper options would be an MVP and an Istick. The MVP2, which I have is a very reliable device-but older. It is VV and VW (variable voltage and variable wattage). They have come out with newer ones, I think you can get one in the $40 up range. The Istick is another, newer vv/vw device that has more power, some up to 50 watts, last I saw. It may go higher now. The early ones ran hotter, the newer ones I hear are fine. More ability to sub ohm from what I understand. Price ranges from about $25-$30 and up. Real small and portable. A kayfun will work on it with a little overhang.

About pre-built coils. They are available from several vendors. The only one I remember off the top of my head is VaporDNA. They sell them in various ohms from .3 to 1.2ohms-10 for $4.99. There are others. You want Kanthal coils. The coils can go in most rebuildable attys and tank attys. The coils should last you a good month or 2. I have run one of my coils for over a month, just changing the wick a couple times a week in my Russian 91s and Kayfun Lite Plusv2. So pretty cheap.

I build my own coils, easy once you do it a few times. (And for me: you have a good light, strong reading glasses and a fairly steady hand to hold a tiny screwdriver and wrap the end of the coil around an equally tiny screw). I love building my own coils - I can make them any ohms I want them to be and it only takes me a few minutes now. Most of the time is spent getting the stupid thing mounted on the atty.

What is it that you are looking for for your vaping nirvana? Just throat hit? Try upping the pg, raising the nic, trying a tobacco or juice with cinnamon, or menthol. I know for me, in the beginning when I was quitting the cigarettes, I had to have a tobacco and I used 24mg nic. The fruits and desserts, etc. did not work to ease my cravings or satisfy my soul. Other people want to get as far away from tobacco as possible.

There are lots of new devices and lots of new attys out there. The cheapest way out is the MVP or Istick that I know are reliable, there are probably others that I am not up to date on. A rebuildable atty or tank atty is the cheapest way to go, once you put out the initial output for the atty. Good Kayfun clones are around $30 now.

The Nautilus is supposed to be a very good tank for flavor, but you have to buy the BVC heads and they run a few dollars each. And they do not last all that long from what I read, especially if you vape dark colored juices or sweet juices.

Maybe some others will lend their 2 cents to this discussion.

ETA - and I do see that you have had more input. Great! Tell us what you are thinking you want.

Wow-wee ShariR,
That was a lot of good information. Thank you so much. One thing I'm looking for is a more consistant draw or hit. Sometimes I get a good one, where the throat hit is good and the cloud is good. That will happen maybe the first 2 or 3 puffs off of my e-cigg, then I barely get any vapor and no throat hitat all. I feel like something is not right. Ok., next topic. Great minds think alike, because when I'm trying really hard not to smoke a reg cigg, I only use tobaco flavored juice. I'm already using 24mg of nic and both of those things help a lot. I don't know what I'm doing wrong so of course I'm going to blame it on the equupment. :) I don't see how those guys on Youtube just keep blowing big 'oL cloud after cloud. I guess I need to find out what a Kayfun is and how it works, so it's back to researching mode I go. ...., (tee-hee) you know I'll be back with questions because the more I learn, the more I find out how little I know.
Truly Yours,
Tiggs

P.S. to All my Peeps
I've seen DIY kits for rebuilding coils that come with the coils already corkscrewed all up and some wicking material. Some of the kits come with other stuff but I forget what now, maybe it was tweezers. Anyways, tell me what's wrong with those, because I know somthing has to be. It couldn't be that easy. Xoxo Tx

Last edited:

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
P.S. to All my Peeps
I've seen DIY kits for rebuilding coils that come with the coils already corkscrewed all up and some wicking material. Some of the kits come with other stuff but I forget what now, maybe it was tweezers. Anyways, tell me what's wrong with those, because I know somthing has to be. It couldn't be that easy. Xoxo Tx
I'm new to building, but I don't see anything "wrong" with pre-made kits/coils, etc. In fact, I think it's genious! Two potential issues might be that it could be more expensive than gathering the items yourself and/or the pre-made coils don't work or are not to your preferences.

Do your homework. For instance, I wanted to try some different gauge wire, but didn't want to buy a 100ft spool, so I researched on-line and called a local B&M. The shop sells different gauge wire for .75 a foot. I ended up with a good deal on a variety pack of 3ft samples from Ebay.

Happy :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread