Not open for further replies.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Hi everyone:)

I still smoke a few cigs a day, but I am avoiding from 30 to 35 cigs a day because I used to smoke 2 PAD. About 4 years ago I added up the $$$ and realized I was spending between $4,000 and $5,000 a year because my preferred brand was/is $8.50 a pack.

I chain vape. I use WTAs part of the day. I have a lot of great flavors (and unflavored) to vape and Im satisfied with the devices I am using. Cig-a-likes kind of felt like I was still smoking but didn't work right in terms of battery life etc. So any decent device/set-up does not feel like smoking i.e. holding a cig in between my fingers, even letting one dangle between my lips occasionally. The entire hand-to-mouth oral fixation is not quite satisfied while vaping. The lung hit and throat hit is satisfied with vaping. Is the problem emotional, psychological, mental, physical, what? Gaaah! lol

There's something missing or I would be able to give up those last few cigarettes every day, no? sigh

Edit: reading back, just thought I'd acknowledge I read the part about a party thread.
So will check that one out .
I don't do Facebook.

Last edited:

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I am still a smoker and a vaper, oral fixations,check! Food, cigarettes, and vaping, If one of the three is not in my mouth, no jokes please, I'm too old to think about it (mentally)

Top is right, it's a control issue, I need to get control, I am out of it! eating potato chips drinking cola (both from food pantry) Cigs and Provari sitting right next to eachother! If you vape bacon, does it taste salty? LOL

I am way below two PAD and most days at a PAD, but I still want to quit

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I wonder if there are possibly hundreds, thousands maybe, of people who still do smoke some even though they vape but just won't admit it ? ? ?

I'm quite sure of it. Some will, but many don't. I tend to assume (possibly incorrectly) that many of the long-term members who don't have a quit smoking banner are dual users.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hi, searching. I was having the same problem at work where everyone smoked. My Zmax worked for me pretty well at home, but when I was with smokers it didn't seem to satisfy my urge to smoke along with them. What finally worked for me was the eRoll. It's convenient, easy and small like a cigarette. When they would light up I'd pull out my eRoll and "smoke" with them. It looks and feels so much like a real cigarette that I was able to overcome the urges at work and at home.

It's been almost 7 months since I've smoked a cigarette and I credit the eRoll for getting me over the hump, and the people in this thread for keeping me going. It's so wonderful to have a supportive bunch of people who are/were going through the same thing as me. I find that I rarely even use my eRoll anymore, but it's nice to know I have it if a strong urge to smoke comes over me. We all know that feeling. ;)

Here's a link to the eRoll to check it out, although you might find it cheaper elsewhere. Good luck on your journey.

Joye eRoll Electronic Cigarettes, Starter Kits & Accessories by Joyetech

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wonder if there are possibly hundreds, thousands maybe, of people who still do smoke some even though they vape but just won't admit it ? ? ?

just think out of the 7 family members i helped quit only 1 went back to cigs. so the thought is very real that there are alot of ppl that are not satisfied by vaping so they tend to venture back to cigs. quiting cigs to vape is a mental / physical challenge. i know i went from 1 PAD to quiting to vaping only to go back to cigs 11 months later. so this is the 2nd attempt for me with vaping:vapor:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Hi, searching. I was having the same problem at work where everyone smoked. My Zmax worked for me pretty well at home, but when I was with smokers it didn't seem to satisfy my urge to smoke along with them. What finally worked for me was the eRoll. It's convenient, easy and small like a cigarette. When they would light up I'd pull out my eRoll and "smoke" with them. It looks and feels so much like a real cigarette that I was able to overcome the urges at work and at home.

It's been almost 7 months since I've smoked a cigarette and I credit the eRoll for getting me over the hump, and the people in this thread for keeping me going. It's so wonderful to have a supportive bunch of people who are/were going through the same thing as me. I find that I rarely even use my eRoll anymore, but it's nice to know I have it if a strong urge to smoke comes over me. We all know that feeling. ;)

Here's a link to the eRoll to check it out, although you might find it cheaper elsewhere. Good luck on your journey.

Joye eRoll Electronic Cigarettes, Starter Kits & Accessories by Joyetech

I'll take credit for pushing you towards buying it, even if you don't, lol. As a matter of fact, I was using mine today until the battery died. Haven't touched it in a month or so--kinda fun! :)

BTW searching, I have been talking with a newbie who's pretty convinced now that the eRoll is where she wants to start. I found the best deal at Rocky Mountain Vapor. A complete kit with extra cone (for two complete ecigs--the basic kit only has one cone), plus free shipping and 20% off coupon code (rocky20) = $48 bucks.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
just think out of the 7 family members i helped quit only 1 went back to cigs. so the thought is very real that there are alot of ppl that are not satisfied by vaping so they tend to venture back to cigs. quiting cigs to vape is a mental / physical challenge. i know i went from 1 PAD to quiting to vaping only to go back to cigs 11 months later. so this is the 2nd attempt for me with vaping:vapor:

That's very true. Smoking is just so much easier to do without thinking or planning like is required with vaping. Vaping tastes so much better than smoking you'd think it would be an easy switch, but there's so much more involved than just taste. I still consider myself to be one cigarette away from creeping back up to 3+ PAD. This is my 3rd attempt to quit smoking with vaping. So far so good this time. :)

Reactions: Hopeful64

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    wave.gif

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    I'll take credit for pushing you towards buying it, even if you don't, lol. As a matter of fact, I was using mine today until the battery died. Haven't touched it in a month or so--kinda fun! :)

BTW searching, I have been talking with a newbie who's pretty convinced now that the eRoll is where she wants to start. I found the best deal at Rocky Mountain Vapor. A complete kit with extra cone (for two complete ecigs--the basic kit only has one cone), plus free shipping and 20% off coupon code (rocky20) = $48 bucks.

Alisa, I give you full credit for suggesting and leading me to the eRoll, which enabled me to finally quit. It's a great little piece of equipment in a small package. If I hadn't found this thread and you I'd probably still be smoking.

That's the best deal I know of...it's where I got mine!

ALISA! ALISA!

Last edited:

JJ1977

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    That's very true. Smoking is just so much easier to do without thinking or planning like is required with vaping. Vaping tastes so much better than smoking you'd think it would be an easy switch, but there's so much more involved than just taste. I still consider myself to be one cigarette away from creeping back up to 3+ PAD. This is my 3rd attempt to quit smoking with vaping. So far so good this time. :)

right before i came back to vaping in april, i was upto 3 PAD i was spending $20 a day on cigs

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Thanks Thayamax and alisa. . . so tell me, for real, how long does the battery last with that eroll? The 2 brands that I tried that looked and felt more like a cig were awful, in that a battery only lasted an hour or so, the cartridge systems about the same, so I had to carry ALOT of parts around all the time. It was so frustrating lol

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Thanks Thayamax and alisa. . . so tell me, for real, how long does the battery last with that eroll? The 2 brands that I tried that looked and felt more like a cig were awful, in that a battery only lasted an hour or so, the cartridge systems about the same, so I had to carry ALOT of parts around all the time. It was so frustrating lol

The eRoll is housed inside a charging pack that looks like a small iPhone. You charge the pack for a few hours (3-4 depending on remaining charge) and the cig-alike charges inside of it when not in use. The cig battery lasts for up to 1/2 hour of vaping, then you put it back inside the pack to charge. It charges in about 20 minutes or so and is ready to use again. You can charge it numerous times in the charging pack before needing to charge the pack again. I'm not sure how many times since I never ran out of charge at work using it. The best feature IMO is the fact that you don't have to take it apart to charge it. You place the entire thing in the battery pack as is, pop it out and it's ready to vape!

It's meant to be used like a cigarette, using it every so often as you would a real cigarette. But if you charge a second battery while you're using the first one you'll always have one charged. Of course that will run down the charge on your battery pack much sooner. Some people use 2 complete setups for that reason. In my case I just used my regular mod most of the time and saved my eRoll for when I felt the need for the feel of a real cig. It really worked for me since I was satisfied with vaping most of the time but needed the feel of a real cigarette around other smokers and at other times...just because.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 7, 2012
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    I think I will have to get an e-roll once I am straightened out financially. I have hardware to vape as you all know, but I like the ease of a small form factor sitting at the desk or cooking. it may wind up being the right device for me. So far I love the others but they still leave a whole when I want something easy, easy was a carto with a cigalike, but they weren't strong enough. if they were that would be what I use when I need hands free.

The other day, I found my old Njoy gold freebie, I never finished using it, I used it and got to the point that I forgot what I was smoking and actually tried to flick ashes, I was happy with that. It's too expensive to continue on with. Too bad, If it was cheaper or I could find something like that, I could quit with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread