Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh w

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
michigan
Update: my dads bloodwork today shows potassium at dangerously low levels. Playlets, red and white cells also way down. Can only hope the cancer cells are going down as well but it will be a few more weeks before we know that. *staying positive* as for me, had my annual physical and my bloodwork showed I am hypoglycemic, and my vitamin d-3 is way down, which has put me on a d-3 supplement. My doctor is worried I may be pre diabetic. Again, staying positive and trying to keep my stress little to none. My thoughts are with yall over in sc. Praying for the best.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Also, thoughts going out to @FinallyQuit and family -- after the yet more rain they got this weekend. Hopefully SC can start to dry out a little so the roads and dams can get rebuilt! :facepalm:

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
It is so nice to be back here. I had to read the past three pages carefully to know what's been going on. Finally Quit: I hope things are improving in your neck of the woods. You ALL have been in my thoughts. Shari: I take my vape to the hospital all the time and am glad you have such a smart cardiologist because mine has a fit over any e-cig and the nurses have been even worse. I make a point of blowing it into a kleenex and my husband does lookout while I need to vape! Josh W. : I hope all goes well for your father. I had ovarian stage one and was only lucky because it could have been much worse. And Andria: Don't change a thing!!! I have passed on Angry Vaper to several people and everyone has been blown away! My husband worked as an editor for a while at Prentice Hall and I worked there as the receptionist. You did an amazing job. I LOVE purple and the most important part is the readability of the content. It is really that good!!! And you are such a little thing!!! My goodness, I could lift you -- even after having most of my spine replaced!!!

The past few weeks have really sucked. We thought we were going to adopt a kitten and the breeder was trying to get rid of one of her kittens that was already six months old and had a million disorders and she had the poor thing on Paxil for social anxiety disorder!!! She kept lowering the price and I kept thinking, lady, this is not a defective car here, it is a feline-being, you crazy person! I was too shocked to be shocked. We went to the humane society and saw all the most tragic cases and left as soon as we could. We were in tears at what people do to their pets. I shudder at what they do to their kids!!! Then I started having sharp pain down both arms and knew it was time to see my neuro surgeon again. I just can't believe these bodies. I have been having surgery for surgeries that I had to have! It's nuts!

I feel I have not been here in over a month! It does my heart and mind good to see Thayamax and her avatar!!! I feel at home here. It is the only sane place left and I am grateful this place exists. I'm gonna hang tight. I just have too many surgeries in my future and right now, I can't see the end. I am chain vaping like a fiend! While rereading everything here, I saw I had forgotten that one of my free gifts from the Carlton catalog was a small pair of binoculars! I wish they were magical binoculars that would let me see into the future ... lol!!! My magical binoculars would want to say that everything is going to work out ... no matter how bad things are at this time. The one thing we can count on is that life is never static, and vaping is a sure thing.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
And Andria: Don't change a thing!!! I have passed on Angry Vaper to several people and everyone has been blown away! My husband worked as an editor for a while at Prentice Hall and I worked there as the receptionist. You did an amazing job. I LOVE purple and the most important part is the readability of the content. It is really that good!!! And you are such a little thing!!! My goodness, I could lift you -- even after having most of my spine replaced!!!

Well, thx, about Angry Vaper! Readability is a big thing with me too, because my up-close vision is so pitiful! I have a wretched cold or something right now, so that's kinda gotten in the way of anything I might do to the site -- just installed a new photo-album thing to it this morning, but I'm so out of it right now, I just couldn't wrap my mind around the proper way to use or present it. :facepalm: Maybe tomorrow, or next week.

But... MOI??? Little? I used to be 5'7", though they tell me I've shrunk to 5'6", and I'm still hovering around the 145 lbs mark, 10-12 lbs more than I want, but my middle-aged post-menopausal metabolism just doesn't facilitate easy weight loss. :( But I've never been a little person; I look at those girls who wear a size 1, with a waist so narrow it looks like I could wrap my hands around it twice, and just think... she's not really human. :D As I plod thru life on my size 9 feet. :D

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Believe me Andria: If I were a size nine I'd go crazy shopping for new clothes! I'm a size 14 ... on a good day! I fluctuate all the time and am very muscular. I did not choose my genes too carefully! My physical therapist could not believe I was 145 pounds and kept asking me if I was sure. I guess everything is relative!

Readability is the most important thing in type. I just go bonkers when I try and read type that is red on black or vice versa. White type nearly blinds me! I am overdue for new glasses. I am only on my second pair of glasses and I can barely sit in front of a computer screen for too long before I am squinting and guessing.

Where did you learn all this computer language and skill? I could never do anything like that without serious help. I'm afraid my husband and I are walking anachronisms! I want to take an adult beginner computer class. Is it possible to truly learn this stuff? I often feel I have just stumbled out of a tunnel or cave!!!

Reactions: Nermal

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Believe me Andria: If I were a size nine I'd go crazy shopping for new clothes! I'm a size 14 ... on a good day! I fluctuate all the time and am very muscular. I did not choose my genes too carefully! My physical therapist could not believe I was 145 pounds and kept asking me if I was sure. I guess everything is relative!

Readability is the most important thing in type. I just go bonkers when I try and read type that is red on black or vice versa. White type nearly blinds me! I am overdue for new glasses. I am only on my second pair of glasses and I can barely sit in front of a computer screen for too long before I am squinting and guessing.

Where did you learn all this computer language and skill? I could never do anything like that without serious help. I'm afraid my husband and I are walking anachronisms! I want to take an adult beginner computer class. Is it possible to truly learn this stuff? I often feel I have just stumbled out of a tunnel or cave!!!

No, my FEET are size 9... or 9 1/2! I'm a 14 or 16 in most clothes, but I really can't wear women's pants; to get a waist that fits me, the hips balloon out on the side like clown pants! So I buy like Dockers in the men's section, so I can get waist and length that actually fits -- or I buy leggings, since they stretch. But tops, usually a 16, because I don't wanna show off the "rolls" around my middle, also have fairly substantial shoulders, and anytime I go over 135 lbs, I become just a trifle... er... busty. (that sure never happened back in my skinny years! :lol:)

I used to run amateur BBSs, circa 1989-1994; when I *finally* got on the internet in Sept 1999, first thing I did, pretty much, was teach myself HTML/CSS; by December '99 I had my first domain name and website; for a while I had about 10 domain names, but had to let all but 2 go during the economic downturn, but I've been designing Joomla! websites (software like mine) since about 2006. It's just fun to me, translating that completely-linear code down the page into a 2-D visual interface -- I also have developed my own ideas about "interface ergonomics" -- what makes a website easy to use and navigate. It pleases my geeky heart right down to the ground. :D Before Windows and the internet, I was just as pleased by writing complicated batch files -- loved dat MS-DOS! :D :lol:

Andria

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
No, my FEET are size 9... or 9 1/2! I'm a 14 or 16 in most clothes, but I really can't wear women's pants; to get a waist that fits me, the hips balloon out on the side like clown pants! So I buy like Dockers in the men's section, so I can get waist and length that actually fits -- or I buy leggings, since they stretch. But tops, usually a 16, because I don't wanna show off the "rolls" around my middle, also have fairly substantial shoulders, and anytime I go over 135 lbs, I become just a trifle... er... busty. (that sure never happened back in my skinny years! :lol:)

I used to run amateur BBSs, circa 1989-1994; when I *finally* got on the internet in Sept 1999, first thing I did, pretty much, was teach myself HTML/CSS; by December '99 I had my first domain name and website; for a while I had about 10 domain names, but had to let all but 2 go during the economic downturn, but I've been designing Joomla! websites (software like mine) since about 2006. It's just fun to me, translating that completely-linear code down the page into a 2-D visual interface -- I also have developed my own ideas about "interface ergonomics" -- what makes a website easy to use and navigate. It pleases my geeky heart right down to the ground. :D Before Windows and the internet, I was just as pleased by writing complicated batch files -- loved dat MS-DOS! :D :lol:

Andria
You autodidact computer geniuses BAFFLE me!!! The only thing that has ever come naturally to me is music. But I started at age seven so I had a head start! I have to run off and rehearse for tomorrow night. Seriously, is it possible for someone with no technical background to actually learn this in a night class? It would be so much fun and there seems to be no end for creativity! You taught yourself!!! I taught myself by ear all the way up to Bach. Computers have always intimidated me. Can an old cat really learn new tricks?

Take care of that cold!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
You autodidact computer geniuses BAFFLE me!!! The only thing that has ever come naturally to me is music. But I started at age seven so I had a head start! I have to run off and rehearse for tomorrow night. Seriously, is it possible for someone with no technical background to actually learn this in a night class? It would be so much fun and there seems to be no end for creativity! You taught yourself!!! I taught myself by ear all the way up to Bach. Computers have always intimidated me. Can an old cat really learn new tricks?

Take care of that cold!

Sure, HTML isn't hard at all -- it's just a linear descriptive language, and VERY "high level" (easy to understand, not gobbledegook). Every "tag" in HTML (except for ONE -- a line break) has both a start and end tag, and if ever something puzzles you with where it shows up on the screen... put a border around it!

CSS is the "styling" component -- how it looks. If you've ever used style sheets in a word processor, it's a very similar idea. I was very lucky that at the time I started learning HTML, CSS 1 had just been developed, so I learned them together.

Andria

ETA: as for "old" -- I was 28 when I got my very first computer and started learning MS-DOS and batch files (and the serial com stuff for BBSs)-- in '99 when I got on the internet, I was 38. Neither one's age nor gender matters a whit!

Reactions: Vape Suzette

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Readability is the most important thing in type. I just go bonkers when I try and read type that is red on black or vice versa. White type nearly blinds me!

This might help, Suzette. When I encounter something illegible due to font and background colors, I highlight the text with the cursor. That usually gets blue text on white background. Not perfect, but way better.

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
This might help, Suzette. When I encounter something illegible due to font and background colors, I highlight the text with the cursor. That usually gets blue text on white background. Not perfect, but way better.
Thanks! I will definitely be doing just that. My eyes are overly sensitive and have gotten so bad, my doctor wants me to be checked by an ophthalmologist. By the end of the day, I qualify as legally blind. This will help me a great deal ... thanks again, Nermal!!!

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Sure, HTML isn't hard at all -- it's just a linear descriptive language, and VERY "high level" (easy to understand, not gobbledegook). Every "tag" in HTML (except for ONE -- a line break) has both a start and end tag, and if ever something puzzles you with where it shows up on the screen... put a border around it!

CSS is the "styling" component -- how it looks. If you've ever used style sheets in a word processor, it's a very similar idea. I was very lucky that at the time I started learning HTML, CSS 1 had just been developed, so I learned them together.

Andria

ETA: as for "old" -- I was 28 when I got my very first computer and started learning MS-DOS and batch files (and the serial com stuff for BBSs)-- in '99 when I got on the internet, I was 38. Neither one's age nor gender matters a whit!
Andria, Thank you so much for the encouragement. I wish I had a brain like yours!!! I feel I would love to learn at an adult learning center in the evenings. There are so many, and I might find people a lot like myself. I may even find some smokers curious about vaping! I played for several hours and went over material that would blind a mouse. I had to enlarge the sheet music it was almost impossible to see. I am glad I learned by ear and only use sheet music as a shortcut now and then. Comcast is coming to do some work on our building and we will be without the internet for maybe twenty-four hours! How will some people COPE?!!! Aughhh! Do you teach computer science? I gotta tell ya, to me it sounds very difficult. It sounds like a foreign language. I hope I possess the aptitude. Happy weekend!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, Thank you so much for the encouragement. I wish I had a brain like yours!!! I feel I would love to learn at an adult learning center in the evenings. There are so many, and I might find people a lot like myself. I may even find some smokers curious about vaping! I played for several hours and went over material that would blind a mouse. I had to enlarge the sheet music it was almost impossible to see. I am glad I learned by ear and only use sheet music as a shortcut now and then. Comcast is coming to do some work on our building and we will be without the internet for maybe twenty-four hours! How will some people COPE?!!! Aughhh! Do you teach computer science? I gotta tell ya, to me it sounds very difficult. It sounds like a foreign language. I hope I possess the aptitude. Happy weekend!

No, I've never actually had a "job" doing anything computer-related, though I've made a tiny bit free-lance, setting up programs for people, teaching them to use their computer, and creating websites and website designs. I really started all this when my son was a year old and my brains were about to calcify from disuse; it was MS-DOS or soap operas, and MS-DOS was a great deal more interesting than anything on the tube. Given my history creating and running amateur BBSs, when I first saw the internet I was simply blown away, and just had to get my own piece of it. :D

But I really started ALL this geeking to illustrate to smug males everywhere that computer skills are not dependent on a Y chromosome. :D

Andria

Reactions: Vape Suzette

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Today is my 1yr quitversary! :banana:

Thanks to the support from this thread! :wub:

congratulations6.gif

WTG!!! :thumbs:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hey Unc! where ya been?!? Nice to see you around here again!

Andria

Still around, just don't post here too much, but "Lurk" and learn more every day from those posting . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread